Seriously Over This =[

• Thread starter gliders420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gliders420

gliders420

seriously im super heated and typed out this huge wall of text about how i hate growing but deleted it and retyped this for some reason.
i seriously have tried sooooo many things for so many months and nothing is giving me results. chasing "problems" for weeks...

Hell, im even scared to ask for advice for fear of being trolled like i did by the bozo's of this forum.
i did better, when i mixed random nutes (bloom boosters, base nuts, random additive, even random quantities), didnt ph, didnt check ppm, all the stuff a serious grower is supposed to do.

now that i read the forums and grow books and im following the "rules" i can't harvest anything and all my plants have deficiencies or illnesses i can't figure out. wtf?! isn't it supposed to be the other way around???

ive gone from trying simply hydro to really complicated hydro, ive tried coco hempy (who even thought of this???) DTW coco, organic dirt, non organic dirt, vert growing, and at this point all i can think of is to mimic nature in my grow room with seriously amended soil, and maybe some organic teas, and as much top lighting as possible.

Will this work?? or should i just give up the hobby? i dont understand anymore and im losing faith, heres why :

Im trying to get sick plants back to health in coco, using organic teas and using cal mag as a foliar. was working great for a week or two, till today i walk in and EVERYTHING IS DROOPY. not only that, it didnt make a full recovery, so this cant be good
Seemed like the coco was dry so i water with tea, 10+hours later still droopy. like its gonna die from over watering, but the tops are still erect, well see what the tops do tomorrow. its like a plague or something, i even got caterpillars indoors, i thought that wasn't even possible. i thought coco was forgiving and good for beginners? that seems like total crap. the inert-ness of coco requires a lot of frets it seems, and i haven't been able to get plants looking good after being sick, which means it isn't very forgiving.

what would make them happy and perky, praying towards the light one day, and droopy and ugly the next? i literally did nothing as i was waiting for stuff to dry out to be watered again.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Don't give up bro, that's the last thing you need to do. Everybody starts out like this. We're here to help you. Can you post as many pictures as possible of your plants? And system? And pests? Sounds like maybe it was underwater for a while. It may take a couple days to pop back to health. Never over fertilize your plans. Keep the schedule, even if you miss a round of waterering please do not try to overcompensate the next time you water by adding more nutrients.

Anyways

Vermiculite/perlite is easiest for beginner in my opinion. bucket with holes in the bottom and fill it with 50% vermiculite 50% perlite mix. Water only by hand and when the bucket is heavy the water in the bucket is light it needs water.

I'm not going to let anybody troll you, we will fix this.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Do not Fear Trolls here we have a GREAT set of mod's and a bunch of users who look out for each other when another pricks trolling a thread someone (including me) will step in and report the posts :D

Trolls do not last more then a day or 2 around here before there delt with :D

ask your questions and they shall be answered :D

B

bckwht

imo the easiest way someone can grow is a hempy bucket..sounds like you aren't having great luck with coco so scrap it and get some perlite…I've done 100% perlite or mix of 75% perlite/25% verm..never saw noticeable differences so i just use what i have on hand most times. As far as ferts, I've tried lucas formula with general hydro micro/bloom, Floranova bloom @ lucas formula, Jacks classic/cal nitrate/epsom in 3-2-1 ratio, veg+bloom 1 part and I've never had any problems…i run mostly seeds so occasionally 1-2 plants could use a little something different from time to time but its never been to the point of not harvesting etc..maybe it'll need a slight bit more nitrogen than the others or something minuscule like that..easy fix. Try to keep pH between 5.6-6. I don't use any boosters, just base nutes and don't have any struggles getting harvests. the plants practically grow themselves and thats no exaggeration. If you can mix nutes, pH the solution, then hand water it until there is run-off coming out of a hole in the side of a bucket then you can most likely have successful grows..later down the road you can dial your room etc for now that should get you harvests tho

Tnelz

Tnelz

Honestly I don't think organic teas and calmag foliage is nearly enough to feed plants in coco. Easiest thing to do in coco is heads method. Amending soil isn't overly complicated unless ur amendments are out of whack. I think the easiest way to grow dank shit is soil and feed General organics. Its almost can't miss. Soil of ur choice couple handfuls puerile couple handfuls extra worm castings some oyster shell flour at 1 tbls per gallon and follow the directions on the go box. Water once with notes once with plain water or casting tea and ur growing some dank. On the flip side why not just go back to what was working. I realize people c what cap or makin goo or other beasts on here and want to emulate them. I respect that but anytime u try and follow this book or that guy it leads u into trouble. Find what works for u and do that. Can't do what guy A does unless u can recreate everything in his room. U get the point I think. Don't quit bro just keep it simple. Good luck and positive vibes to u man!

Tnelz

Tnelz

Honestly I don't think organic teas and calmag foliage is nearly enough to feed plants in coco. Easiest thing to do in coco is heads method. Amending soil isn't overly complicated unless ur amendments are out of whack. I think the easiest way to grow dank shit is soil and feed General organics. Its almost can't miss. Soil of ur choice couple handfuls puerile couple handfuls extra worm castings some oyster shell flour at 1 tbls per gallon and follow the directions on the go box. Water once with notes once with plain water or casting tea and ur growing some dank. On the flip side why not just go back to what was working. I realize people c what cap or makin goo or other beasts on here and want to emulate them. I respect that but anytime u try and follow this book or that guy it leads u into trouble. Find what works for u and do that. Can't do what guy A does unless u can recreate everything in his room. U get the point I think. Don't quit bro just keep it simple. Good luck and positive vibes to u man!
Excuse the spelling errors. Auto correct sux!

3G Labs

3G Labs

Hang in there buddy, to grow is to battle nature, and nature will always win.
You have the right idea about waiting for dry coco before watering, but if you wait too long it is possible for the plants to develop embolisms (air bubbles in stem). If an embolism forms any part of the plant above this will die.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Keep it simple is the best advice

Happy Frog bagged soil and water

thats all they need

water when the container feels light

what could be simpler?

you don't need any bottled stuff!

a ph meter is handy though..

party cup for 3 weeks
then more Happy Frog in a one or two gal.
water when that feels light.
three weeks later, more happy frog in a bigger pot.

So simple even I can do it!
and thats how i do it..lol

Last edited:
Shamus

Shamus

I would suggest just a very standard mix, SS#4, promix BX eTc...

I even had trouble with coco recently with seedlings.. As with coco you have to "charge" it with cal mag.. The coco itself literally absorbs cal mag, which if not given enough will cause deficiencies in your plant and is just like the domino effect. As one of them.. I think mag, is actually a catalyst for a lot of plant process's.. Including the functions of chlorophyll and enzymatic production.

But that's just babble.

What I would suggest is a very simple medium.. Mostly peat based with perlite and what not.. Something that will dry out faster than later.. As over watering is a newer growers strife.

Lots of good advice In this thread.

Ask questions on questions...man.. then ask some more questions :)

Good luck don't give up

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
seriously im super heated and typed out this huge wall of text about how i hate growing but deleted it and retyped this for some reason.
i seriously have tried sooooo many things for so many months and nothing is giving me results. chasing "problems" for weeks...

Hell, im even scared to ask for advice for fear of being trolled like i did by the bozo's of this forum.
i did better, when i mixed random nutes (bloom boosters, base nuts, random additive, even random quantities), didnt ph, didnt check ppm, all the stuff a serious grower is supposed to do.

now that i read the forums and grow books and im following the "rules" i can't harvest anything and all my plants have deficiencies or illnesses i can't figure out. wtf?! isn't it supposed to be the other way around???

ive gone from trying simply hydro to really complicated hydro, ive tried coco hempy (who even thought of this???) DTW coco, organic dirt, non organic dirt, vert growing, and at this point all i can think of is to mimic nature in my grow room with seriously amended soil, and maybe some organic teas, and as much top lighting as possible.

Will this work?? or should i just give up the hobby? i dont understand anymore and im losing faith, heres why :

Im trying to get sick plants back to health in coco, using organic teas and using cal mag as a foliar. was working great for a week or two, till today i walk in and EVERYTHING IS DROOPY. not only that, it didnt make a full recovery, so this cant be good
Seemed like the coco was dry so i water with tea, 10+hours later still droopy. like its gonna die from over watering, but the tops are still erect, well see what the tops do tomorrow. its like a plague or something, i even got caterpillars indoors, i thought that wasn't even possible. i thought coco was forgiving and good for beginners? that seems like total crap. the inert-ness of coco requires a lot of frets it seems, and i haven't been able to get plants looking good after being sick, which means it isn't very forgiving.

what would make them happy and perky, praying towards the light one day, and droopy and ugly the next? i literally did nothing as i was waiting for stuff to dry out to be watered again.
I haven't caught anyone trolling you, but if they do, please use that report button. No one knows but you and us mods.

In the meantime, if it was working, why did you stop doing what was working? Plenty of people grow by feel only.

Coco is not inert. Perlite is inert. All kinds of bugs are possible indoors, and worse yet, they have few predators. This is why I prefer OD growing, myself.

Like the others are saying, keep trying. Sounds to me like coir just isn't the best media for you to work with. Remember the adage "Don't put all your eggs in one basket" and go from there. Use the methods that worked, while experimenting with new methods. Many eggs, many baskets.

Power OG

Power OG

I agree with everyone here, I've grown in soil and coco, I will say I dnt think coco is the medium for someone just starting, soil is forgiving and like Ken said happy frog and water, then up pot to ocean Forrest and water, and you can get great results.
Until you understand what the plants are telling you, & understand what the different deficiency's look like, coco can be very confusing. So I say go soil , with teas, and remember feed the soil not your plant.
Positive Vibes & Respect

K

kolah

I like to think that growing is "working" with Nature. Not so much battling her...although it sometimes feels that way. But again the real secret is working with her.

I agree with a few others here, growing in a prepped soil like RO, Happy Frog or Ocean Forest. After abut 30 days you'll need some liquid nutes'...water and watch. And read and gain knowledge from reliable sources.

Not to say that you do this but I have seen a lot of newb growers have poor results because they don't dedicate enough time to their plants..they'll go away for a few days, neglect them by not trimming them... and not cleaning up the grow area....over and under watering is common too...all which is a invitation for bad bugs and diseases.

If you are up to it there are some great "supersoil" recipes you can cook up..then just add water right up until harvest. If ya haven't already try an outdoor grow.

Top Bottom