set up and opinions please

• Thread starter euphoria526
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
euphoria526

euphoria526

I have a cool grows 3x3x6 tent
power 4" 195 cfm exhaust fan and carbon filter.
2 double headed fans on top of canopy
1 vornado med sized fan
1 tower fan next to the humidifier
I can't seem to cool the tent consistently with temps fluctuation from upper 70's, with the apt AC on, to almost 90ºf when its zipped up and closed.
rh has been fluctuation rom mid 50's to 70's.
would a 6" exhaust make that much of a difference at all?
probably started the wrong time as the local temps are pretty high this year, im in a west facing apt and we get sun from 7am till almost 8pm and it roasts our place.

growsince79

growsince79

Your exhaust is already emptying 4 times per minute. Abigger exhaust isn't the answer. You need ac.

BigCube

BigCube

I have essentially the same sort of set up. But why the humidifier?

The rh and temperature of the tent will largely depend on the room that the tent is in. If the room is 70, even with a million fans, the tent isnt going to get colder than that.

It's also essential to remember temperature and humidity have a working relationship. They are almost a team.

"As air temperature increases, air can hold more water molecules, and its relative humidity decreases. ... High relative humidity of the air occurs when the air temperature approaches the dew point value. Temperature therefore directly relates to the amount of moisture the atmosphere can hold. "

euphoria526

euphoria526

I have essentially the same sort of set up. But why the humidifier?

The rh and temperature of the tent will largely depend on the room that the tent is in. If the room is 70, even with a million fans, the tent isnt going to get colder than that.

It's also essential to remember temperature and humidity have a working relationship. They are almost a team.

"As air temperature increases, air can hold more water molecules, and its relative humidity decreases. ... High relative humidity of the air occurs when the air temperature approaches the dew point value. Temperature therefore directly relates to the amount of moisture the atmosphere can hold. "
the humidifier is in there because I've also been having a hard time getting humidity levels up to acceptable levels and have been averaging not even %40 humidity. after putting the humidifier in there, the plants DID look a little more healthy and grew a little more with a better vpd number in there since I put the humidifier.
so essentially, lower the room temperature and ill have more consistent temps?
what is your SECRET cube?????? lol

@growsince79 thank you, for some reason I thought more air moving out would be better.

tifosi

tifosi

I just Stop flowering plants from early July to early September and get by on four harvests a year. All the extra expense for one extra harvest wasn't worth it to me.

growsince79

growsince79

I just Stop flowering plants from early July to early September and get by on four harvests a year. All the extra expense for one extra harvest wasn't worth it to me.
Same here. Except this year I started early. I was hoping my new led would run cool enough to make it possible. Unfortunately the 100w hlg only lowered the temp one degree then the 150w hps. Next year I'll wait for September.

euphoria526

euphoria526

Same here. Except this year I started early. I was hoping my new led would run cool enough to make it possible. Unfortunately the 100w hlg only lowered the temp one degree then the 150w hps. Next year I'll wait for September.
I completely agree. I started growing because of this flu lockdown, so I thought I could get grow something while im stuck indoors. its just so hot and inconsistent temps right now. im going to finish what I have, but sept will be rolling around sooner then later and want to learn how grow quality :/

BigCube

BigCube

the humidifier is in there because I've also been having a hard time getting humidity levels up to acceptable levels and have been averaging not even %40 humidity. after putting the humidifier in there, the plants DID look a little more healthy and grew a little more with a better vpd number in there since I put the humidifier.
so essentially, lower the room temperature and ill have more consistent temps?
what is your SECRET cube?????? lol

@growsince79 thank you, for some reason I thought more air moving out would be better.

My secret is an AC in the summertime lol.

I have all my tents in small spare room. Though my house is climate controlled, I have a window ac unit in the spare room. With an inkbird thermostat controlling it. The ac keeps the rh down too.

euphoria526

euphoria526

My secret is an AC in the summertime lol.

I have all my tents in small spare room. Though my house is climate controlled, I have a window ac unit in the spare room. With an inkbird thermostat controlling it. The ac keeps the rh down too.
if I could afford it I would. just can't really justify it myself right now. :/

Top Bottom