Set up help!

• Thread starter kingtut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kingtut

Hiyo! I'm runnin a 400 in a 3X3 (little less actually) tent, looking to do pots this time around instead of bags (bags are good for space, but i didn't enjoy the flimsy aspect of the bag--glad i tried them though :P). since i'm in such a small area, should i pop 4 off in 5 gallon buckets, or 9 in 3 gallon buckets? thanks for your input.

variables to take into effect:
-Will i be able to yield 1 g/watt with 4 in 5 gals as opposed to the 9 in 3 gals?
-Will light be wasted with 4 in 5 gals?
-Using Reclining Buddha genes, running SOG

thank you again, happy farming

B

BongToker

ive got a similar set up to yours my man.. a bit limited in space, so i to was asking my self the same ?.. and with no one like me to answer it, i just had to do a run both ways.. and the winner is more plants in smaller pots.. i pulled more nuggets and Vegged them for less time.. all the best homie

H

hazeway

Hey bro, I was just reading your question and here's my opinion. It's all strain pending first off, with only 3 ft high plus a 400 watt (is it air cooled? If so you can def get em close on a 400watt). A sativa, even if you flip as soon as they root, you may run into trouble with them being all in the light. Pending on if it's something like super silver haze I wouldn't even run the strain. If your indica then I don't foresee any problems in that department. I would say go with 4 5 gals pots, but with the extra space in the pots after you transplant them only 3 ft high I say ummmmm. Could get into trouble in flower. Will 9 3gals fit in that space? If so then I would go that way, now with running so many pots you could put them in a bed. Root em, transplant into bed for the sog and then its about 1 water/feeding per week instead of 9 feeding/watering every 4-5 days, eventually leading to every 3 days. A little 2ft 10 inch bed would be sweet!!!!!! ( I'm running all of mine in a bed now :)
So, best scenario, run 4 5 gals on an indica and pinch the hell out of it, or go with the nine and flip them about 3-4 days after they root and you've transplanted.
There will be more wasted light running the 4 pots because you can't veg them real big in that space, to get the most for your time and effort run 9. You will yield more anyways. Take care bud

H

hazeway

I bet its 3x3x7 eh? If so, disregard the height issues stuff. Go all out bro.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I would go with the smaller plants in smaller containers or even custom build a sog table. With 400w you wanna keep things short and even. Malachi has done a great job with his 400w scrogs. You could do a little one of those. To hit 1g/watt yout gonna need skills and a heavier yielding strain.

fred

K

kingtut

yes it is air cooled. i appreciate yalls input, i ended up goin with the 3 in 9 gals. after doing a shit load of math, i can at least yield an extra 6 zips with the extra plants. Even in 5 gal bux, the root strength won't do anything but boost the yield per plant a bit, lowering my total overall yield from the last times through. this is gonna be the profit zone! dank nuggies abound! flipin em tonight :)

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Your the guy telling people that they should not run vertical lighting it will not yield for them? And now your asking for help with a 400 watter..You got me busting up over here put down he key board and go back to growing school :fighting0087: :mad0233:...JACK

stickyicky

stickyicky

from: Kingtut- you're wasting a whole mess of light and could be yielding a WHOLE lot more.
First, you are wasting at least 50% of your light going straight up, toss those 1000's under some adjustawings
Second, put at least 25 plants under each of those set ups, you will be highly pleased with your results..

I just want to see you get your full moneys worth and it seems like you could be gettin a lot more out of your setup. Good luck

-Kingtut

Hey buddy,

I would change your name and get the hell out of dodge. You don't just come onto a site like this and start trying to wing it. Adjustawing that is.

How could you possibly have felt comfortable enough to comment on this guys awesome setup. You must have been smoking some good stuff that you bought from someone.

Read up!!!

This site does not appreciate newbie's giving out horrible recommendations. KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!!!

Good Luck (your gonna need it),

B

burnalot420

Lolipop Genetics
Supporter
i hearrt noobs..i laughed my way here all the way from keepz thread...lmao

P

paulycali

Less is more man! 4 plants in 5 gallon pots under a 400 watt max or 12-24 sea of green in 1 gallon pots and thats pushing it

I ran your setup years ago and had 6 going in 5 gallon pots

If you just plant, water and watch them grow then you can put a few more but if your going to do topping or some type of supercropping i would stick with the 4 plans max

less chances of diseases and bugs with the 4 plants too

Sea of green is more commercial growing

Light from a 400 watt is 3x3 at max

LESS IS MORE! BIGGER ROOTS BIGGER FRUITS

Top Bottom