Setting up 1st grow, need some advice on lighting

• Thread starter AGOB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AGOB

I could really use some help from you guys. I'm starting a new grow and I have very little experience. I have been to Oaksterdams weekend seminar, I've read a couple books including "Marijauna Horticulture" the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible, and about 40 different posts and I'm still confused.

I just bought 2 Secret Jardin Dark rooms, a 4'X4 for clones and veging and a 4'X8' for flowering.

My 1st question is for the 4'x8' would I be better off with 2) 600watt HPS lights 2) 1000 watt HPS lights or a single 1000watt HPS. According to the GB growers bible the 2)600's is the way to go, but I was told by someone else not to exccede 1000watts in that size room????????

2nd question which bulb should I get for that room, a Super HPS, a Sun Master Cool deluxe, etc, etc.

3rd question is about reflectors, I have read great things about the XXXL, it seems like it would be almost too big fit 2 in the 4X8 and run 8" cooling ducts? any opinions

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

lollipopman

lollipopman

i would do 2 600's over 2 3x3 flood tables, that way you have some room around the tables... then on hood the sun system 2 has the same output as the xxxl... xxxl just has less hot spots...on the bulb i think every ones got their own opinion but i have the Super HPS

A

AGOB

Thanks lollipopman, thats what I thought. What kind of yields, # of plants are you getting?

stickyicky

stickyicky

2-3x3 tables and 2-1000 HPS.

Don't like the sunmaster. Got one sittin in a closet. I use Super's too..

Keep on reading up bro. You'll figure the rest out on the fly.

Goodluck

ShivaSkunkPunk

ShivaSkunkPunk

"I just bought 2 Secret Jardin Dark rooms", i have one of the smaller ones and its working out ok, also check out cervantes new book "Grow Basics", i found on amazon for less than $15, really good read with tons of photo examples to reference

N

nog

2 x 600 supers for budding and 9 x 125 watt cfls for clone / vege

S

sofakingg

lighting

I'm havin real good luck w/ an adjust-a-wings reflector, dig.ballast,dig.hps bulb, and T-5s for vegging in my tent. I use T-5's on a 20/4 regime for 3,4 weeks. Barley notice the elec. increase. Dig. ballast, and a matching hps bulbs, in your case 2 600's Is still gonna make your meter spin. But not near as much as 2 1k's ! The 600's are better suited to your tent, 4X8. With the adj a wings and super-spreader your tops can get within 8" of the light w/o burn. W/a decent exhaust fan pulling air through the tent,and a few tower fans you're good to go !

Latest posts

Top Bottom