Setting Up A New Room Need Advice

• Thread starter Poor dirt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Here’s what I got going ... I have a sealed room in my basement which is housing a 5x9 veg tent (2 4’ 8bulb T5’s) and a 4x8 flower tent running 2kw air cooled hoods and co2.....my question is do I cool the room the tents are in ? Or do I just cool the flower tent and if so how do I do that with out losing all my co2 .... butting the tent up against a window unit. Is not a option so that leaves me with a mini split for the room? Or do I try to adapt a portable unit into the 4x8?? Cost isn’t a huge factor but it has to be justified the room it self has quite a bit of negative air pressure so I’m constantly holding around 65-70 in the room, in summer hope I’m not too scatter brained in this post but thanks in advance! Anything helps ... pulling the trigger on one of the two options today !

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Since you and I are in a basement setting, I have the absolutely perfect idea. Minus the mini split- if you can do that, do it. But swap your flower tent for a built room since you want to use co2. Tents leak like crazy. You'l waste a lot of gas.

Back to my idea. In your basement, what type of Windows do you have? Glass block? Do you have those small little windows you can open that take the spot of 2x glass block squares? If so, a portable can and will work. I'e been doing it for over 6yrs now in 3 spots. I can give you the fit on how to make a plexiglass insert to replace the small window. You secure a 6" dryer duct after you cut out a 6" hole, then secure that to the glass block (very easy). Then run your portable exhaust to the dryer duct and exhaust outside.

NOW VERY IMPORTANT!!
If you run more than 6' of exhaust tube, you MUST install a high output fan inline to help the exhaust air get outside with out straining your a.c. unit.

It works believe me.

Now you want to run co2. With the above setup, it can be done, but it' tricky and you waste gas. But the little wasted gas, your yield makes up for it.

A mini would work better, but a tent may not support a 71# mini split head.

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

DT - so I’ll elaborate ..I’d love to seal the whole room but I’m already cranking out more power here than I am comfortable with as is this tent will put be at about 8kw that’s my maxed out comfort level ...and I have no self restraint if I was using the whole 20x16 room then I’d have to fill it LOL yes I have those stupid little windows lol I have used ply wood for my exhaust fan and just nailed it up over the window and have my 8” venting through that I was hoping to be able to get one of those 2 to 1 adapters to have my ac and cf dumping out the same window ... I won’t be scrubbing the tent it’s self but exhausting the room that the tents are in it’s working pretty good the room has a substantial neg air pressure pull so it keeps cool air pulling into the room from the main basement

1E236DCB DE7A 4CC1 847D 0CE5F52C7A1D
Poor dirt

Poor dirt

DT - so I’ll elaborate ..I’d love to seal the whole room but I’m already cranking out more power here than I am comfortable with as is this tent will put be at about 8kw that’s my maxed out comfort level ...and I have no self restraint if I was using the whole 20x16 room then I’d have to fill it LOL yes I have those stupid little windows lol I have used ply wood for my exhaust fan and just nailed it up over the window and have my 8” venting through that I was hoping to be able to get one of those 2 to 1 adapters to have my ac and cf dumping out the same window ... I won’t be scrubbing the tent it’s self but exhausting the room that the tents are in it’s working pretty good the room has a substantial neg air pressure pull so it keeps cool air pulling into the room from the main basement

E4C8A9B6 D9B6 4B1E B182 EDAE26D7FCEC
Poor dirt

Poor dirt

My apologies for the placement of this post just saw it was moved , this site has changed a lot since the last time I’ve been on

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Just scooped a portable from Lowe’s gonna try to fab up some ducting coming off of the unit to the tent I’ll post pics ... gonna be running mephistos Creme de la Chem in this tent 16 plant scog .. these mephisto autos go hard

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Just scooped a portable from Lowe’s gonna try to fab up some ducting coming off of the unit to the tent I’ll post pics ... gonna be running mephistos Creme de la Chem in this tent 16 plant scog .. these mephisto autos go hard
Super soilll blumats and some microbes

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Since you and I are in a basement setting, I have the absolutely perfect idea. Minus the mini split- if you can do that, do it. But swap your flower tent for a built room since you want to use co2. Tents leak like crazy. You'l waste a lot of gas.

Back to my idea. In your basement, what type of Windows do you have? Glass block? Do you have those small little windows you can open that take the spot of 2x glass block squares? If so, a portable can and will work. I'e been doing it for over 6yrs now in 3 spots. I can give you the fit on how to make a plexiglass insert to replace the small window. You secure a 6" dryer duct after you cut out a 6" hole, then secure that to the glass block (very easy). Then run your portable exhaust to the dryer duct and exhaust outside.

NOW VERY IMPORTANT!!
If you run more than 6' of exhaust tube, you MUST install a high output fan inline to help the exhaust air get outside with out straining your a.c. unit.

It works believe me.

Now you want to run co2. With the above setup, it can be done, but it' tricky and you waste gas. But the little wasted gas, your yield makes up for it.

A mini would work better, but a tent may not support a 71# mini split head.
Tents really are not made for gas hahaha...build

stonestacker

stonestacker

Divide the space and build at least 1 flower room. Seal and run your gas.

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Going tents here this is a alternate location for me so buildings not a option . I have a room built which is running I just needed some additional space trying to perfect some F1 fasts for spring I know tents won’t be as air tight but it’s only a 4x8 i feel the reward for co2 will our weigh the small leaks .. hopefully

Poor dirt

Poor dirt

Good call on the panda film that’s actually what I build this veg tent out of so I have a bunch left over figure I’ll go over it and duct tape all the seams

Top Bottom