Setting up for outdoor grow - Your tips, advice, suggestions welcomed!

• Thread starter morphRx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

morphRx

I'll have plenty of space in an outdoor area. This will be my first actual real grow, I've done some small fun projects on the side - nothing major that I was dedicated to and put a lot of time into.

I'm just trying to soak up as much information as possible. I'm pretty knowledgeable already but I wanted to get some more input on my setup.

I'll have anywhere from 12-24 plants. I'll be getting some clones at my local dispensary once I have everything ready.

When ready, I'll transfer each plant into a 1 gallon container (feedback?). The soil I'll be going with will probably be a FoxFarm soil suggested by the guy at my local hydroponics store.

Any tips and advice for the whole pH level system? Anyone want to point me to some good tools I can use to measure levels?

I'm just looking for as much advice as possible on this whole setup. Imagine it as your own and suggest the supplies and equipment I should invest into. My budget is pretty wide, I don't mind spending on quality.

incognito

incognito

It is too late in the season to grow outdoor at my latitude(approx 38.7 deg). Go indoor or greenhouse, or wait till next June to put your ladies outside. A good rule of thumb, or so I've been told, is one gallon of soil for every week the plant lives in the container. From June through October, about 20 weeks, a plant will need a twenty gallon container. I've had good results with outdoor container plants in 10 gallon pots. For the most part, I think you will do just fine with 15 gallon pots outdoors. If you can, plant them in the ground next year ;)

There is a mountain of knowledge available on this site, other sites, and even your local library. I think you're on the right track by asking questions. There is an army of excellent cultivators willing to help out. Many new gardeners soon realize that growing is almost as fun as smoking it. I'm guilty.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Build Big Planter boxes,
add good soil (super soil)

Then just water

;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom