Setting up New Grow Rooms

• Thread starter Magtajo23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Magtajo23

Magtajo23

Hi I'm new to the forum and there's so much information here I'm happy to have found it. I have a 18x16 room. Then I have a space of 30x20 which is currently divided 20x10 and 20x20. With all these 3 rooms what would be the best type of setup? Money wise I'm doing well and would like to go led set up. I can make the 30x20 into one room by dropping a wall if that's what is recommended. Looking for help with this and I highly appreciate all the input. Thank you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What's your growing knowledge?

Height of the room?

Expectation of yields?

Testing requirements or no?

Plant count limitations?

Water source and makeup? May need purification systems.

Have a drying space with good environmental control?

First thing will be deciding how you want to grow as there is no best way. It will depend a lot on your budget, experience, climate and time you have to devote to the grows. There is a lot of maintenance with that size of grow. Maybe some automation will help but the more you rely on that the more potential issues.

There are sooo many variables to go over to see what may suit you best. Spend the time to meticulously plan every variable.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Hi I'm new to the forum and there's so much information here I'm happy to have found it. I have a 18x16 room. Then I have a space of 30x20 which is currently divided 20x10 and 20x20. With all these 3 rooms what would be the best type of setup? Money wise I'm doing well and would like to go led set up. I can make the 30x20 into one room by dropping a wall if that's what is recommended. Looking for help with this and I highly appreciate all the input. Thank you

Don’t knock the wall down to make one room. Having separate veg and flower rooms would be ideal.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Don’t knock the wall down to make one room. Having separate veg and flower rooms would be ideal.
Yeah depending on grow methods 2-3 flower rooms per veg room. If the system supports moving the plants. Which imo would be ideal.

Magtajo23

Magtajo23

I have not considered a drying space. As far as growing I have experience but I have no experience in the setup and layout. Automation would be ideal and within budget. Would like to stick to led due to electrical cost

Magtajo23

Magtajo23

Would like the 18x16 to be veg room and use the other 2 rooms for flowering. I appreciate everything mentioned. Ceiling is 9ft tall

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

What's you budget per light? For LED you can expect 1 650w ish to cover a 5x5 area. Rockwool, or coco are idea for autofeed with fast growth rates. They require a drain table to do so. I have no done roxkwool but @Dirtbag I know has been busy but could prob help you out there.

If I was doing a large grow it would be coco or rockwool for profit cultivation.

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

If you have not grown before, may I suggest you try your hand on a couple of small grows first before going into it gung-ho, say a 4X4 tent initially with a good LED grow light that will provide adequate coverage, a couple of oscillating fans and carbon filter with a 4" or 6" fan. There are a lot of potential problems that can go wrong, even from one grow to the next, and some people who have a keen interest soon realize that despite how much they like smoking it but don't want the hassle after realizing what can go wrong. Once you see what is required on your part for those 4, you will be better able to decide if you want to continue, and then figure out how much space your going to use. may seem slower than what you might want initially, but in the long run it could save you a lot of grief...and money. However I do envy the space you have, as I operate a small 1 meter x 2 meter grow space in a room 7' X 7' closed/ hybrid set up, with an air conditioner, and CO2, mainly because I have extreme environmental changes and growing year round presents some challenges at different times of the year with an open grow room system. First you learn to grow, then you grow 👍

freezeland2

freezeland2

Do any of these rooms have access to water & drainage. Can you run intake air and exhaust it? Is there A/C & heat? Can you make any of the rooms totally dark? Will you be able to control humidity? Pest control?

HaveApuff

HaveApuff

The room I have is set up next to my laundry room, so yes just outside this space. I also have a 4X4 veg tent in another room that is not a closed system, where I clone and veg my plants before bringing them into my flower room. Though small, if you notice, I was able to use a lot of what I had in tents from before and incorporated them into my flower space as I decided to keep growing year round.

Grow room1
Magtajo23

Magtajo23

Can someone provide me a layout or equipment list? For all 3 rooms? Or if I join the big into one room?

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

I would get, like 3 of those 4x4 tent SF4000 light combos. Automated watering is nice but if a pump goes out, entire crops can be lost.

EugeneDebs420

EugeneDebs420

For $1000 I'll do the math and figure out a setup.😅😆🤪

Cause really that's all it is, basic arithmetic and shopping.

Top Bottom