Setting up New Room w/ AC need subjections

• Thread starter Dubsta
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Dubsta

Well i have a few questions if anyone could help It would be nice. My room is huge but after i hang my lights/hoods ill make the room sealed exactly the size it needs to be to help controll the environment easier. At First I'll be running 4 1k HPS in the Big Kahuna Reflectors. Witch are a hair bigger then the Air-cooled 6" Magnum XXXL's. the 8" Magnums are slightly bigger though. I'll be sucking air from outside into the lights then exit out the chimney. For now I'll be running 1 8in High-Output Fan to cool the lights. Now my biggest question is how many lights max could I run with a 14,000btu AC w/ these aircooled reflectors. I'll be running co2 also in this room so temps will be around 87ish. I was hoping eventually I could run 6 1k's in these reflectors. 2 rows of 3 1k's. If i do that I'll use 2 8in fans one for each row of 3 1ks. My main question is with this AC and these reflectors how many light estimated do u think i could run? my 2nd question is if i was to not us air cooled lights and just go barebulb how many 1k's could this ac handle? I believe i read its for every 1k u need 3,000btu to cool right??

069eec6274a74f29d27239c9b17e253c.jpg

AMCOR 14000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner AC Nano 110V
MAX COOL 110V PLUG! NANO TECH - NO NEED TO DRAIN WATER!

$400 free shipping off e-bay.
amcor-White.jpg

Also anyone use these Rote Ratches to hang there lights?? They seem like they would be good for heavy reflectors and stuff.

c16c1b8af5578c99fd37da18b97f8efa.jpg

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Well i have a few questions if anyone could help It would be nice. My room is huge but after i hang my lights/hoods ill make the room sealed exactly the size it needs to be to help controll the environment easier. At First I'll be running 4 1k HPS in the Big Kahuna Reflectors. Witch are a hair bigger then the Air-cooled 6" Magnum XXXL's. the 8" Magnums are slightly bigger though. I'll be sucking air from outside into the lights then exit out the chimney. For now I'll be running 1 8in High-Output Fan to cool the lights. Now my biggest question is how many lights max could I run with a 14,000btu AC w/ these aircooled reflectors. I'll be running co2 also in this room so temps will be around 87ish. I was hoping eventually I could run 6 1k's in these reflectors. 2 rows of 3 1k's. If i do that I'll use 2 8in fans one for each row of 3 1ks. My main question is with this AC and these reflectors how many light estimated do u think i could run? my 2nd question is if i was to not us air cooled lights and just go barebulb how many 1k's could this ac handle? I believe i read its for every 1k u need 3,000btu to cool right??

069eec6274a74f29d27239c9b17e253c.jpg

AMCOR 14000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner AC Nano 110V
MAX COOL 110V PLUG! NANO TECH - NO NEED TO DRAIN WATER!

$400 free shipping off e-bay.
amcor-White.jpg

Also anyone use these Rote Ratches to hang there lights?? They seem like they would be good for heavy reflectors and stuff.

c16c1b8af5578c99fd37da18b97f8efa.jpg

I am a HVAC pro. With ur setup you could do 3000 btus 1kw light. Which means you could do 4-4.5kw with 14,000 btu a/c and CO2. Since you want to room ur room at 87F IMO u could do 5kw but no more. I know u are air cooling which I usually figure 4000 btus/ kw of lights cause most people don't like to go above 78-80F in their room even with CO2. That gives you a little cushion. With 4-5kw and 14000 btu unit you have no cushion. Make sure that room is well insulated otherwise you will have problems. Keep in mind that every room is
different. Test for a 12 hr with lights on and no plants. This let you know if it can handle 4-5kw. Hope this helps. Are you going to put the portable a/c outside the room and duct the supply and return ducts into the room?

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

I am a HVAC pro. With ur setup you could do 3000 btus 1kw light. Which means you could do 4-4.5kw with 14,000 btu a/c and CO2. Since you want to room ur room at 87F IMO u could do 5kw but no more. I know u are air cooling which I usually figure 4000 btus/ kw of lights cause most people don't like to go above 78-80F in their room even with CO2. That gives you a little cushion. With 4-5kw and 14000 btu unit you have no cushion. Make sure that room is well insulated otherwise you will have problems. Keep in mind that every room is
different. Test for a 12 hr with lights on and no plants. This let you know if it can handle 4-5kw. Hope this helps. Are you going to put the portable a/c outside the room and duct the supply and return ducts into the room?

Hola, I'm not a HVAC pro. I'm a datacenter guy and I've put tons of servers in unconventional places with cooling. CJ's post is dead on accurate for the btu's but I'd have to say after working with 15-20 of these portables,,, I don't have ah lot of luv for the cheep ones... Two things about them. They're a PIA to duct and even after that IMO they're maybe 2/3 as effective as any other type of AC. but the most annoying thing is if you can't run a water line to them you'll be changing bed pans every damn day:help:

So if I had to wave my crystal ball and say how may lights you could run in the summer and it's hot;id say 4 lights... CJ, would be curious to hear your thoughts/expertise on this.

CannabisJohn

CannabisJohn

Hola, I'm not a HVAC pro. I'm a datacenter guy and I've put tons of servers in unconventional places with cooling. CJ's post is dead on accurate for the btu's but I'd have to say after working with 15-20 of these portables,,, I don't have ah lot of luv for the cheep ones... Two things about them. They're a PIA to duct and even after that IMO they're maybe 2/3 as effective as any other type of AC. but the most annoying thing is if you can't run a water line to them you'll be changing bed pans every damn day:help:

So if I had to wave my crystal ball and say how may lights you could run in the summer and it's hot;id say 4 lights... CJ, would be curious to hear your thoughts/expertise on this.

I agree. I recommend them for grows only as last resort. They are less efficient if they are in grow room. If not they are ok but still last resort.

Top Bottom