Setting Up Warehouse....nanolux Ballasts?

• Thread starter Legallyflying
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Hey Gang.
So my partner and I are setting up twin 30k watt flower rooms on a flip.

Now enough flip boxes to facilitate that is $2500

Then along comes the nanolux 1k ballast with a built in flip system. You just chain them together and off they go.

The $6,000 question is however..are they any good? I know recent tests show the brightest ballast is the solisteks and we have 20 or so of them and they do put out the light...but there is something nice about a built in flip ballast.

When mounting 30 ballasts on the wall it will just be that much nicer

Anyone with experience good or bad I would love to hear from you.
Thanks!

sixstring

sixstring

no exp with those new ones but i have been running several nano 600w since they came out with zero problems,they run really cool also.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Not really even the same fixture..Solistek are 1000w digi ballast that could run a AC/DE style double ended bulb fixture as a remote mount ballast setup and the new Nanolux DE are closer to a Gavita or Epap with an integral ballast, bulb, and hood all in one, way easier to mount and manage plus they are rated up to 1250w...I am just about to start playing with the remote RF controllers for the Nanolux so I can tell you right now exactly how they are going to work but have seen them in action and they are tits...auto dimmers, sunrise/sunset archs, high heat shutoffs, etc...should be killer

sixstring

sixstring

I think hes talking about a dif nano ballast that is remote, has 2 lamp outputs to use as a flip.thought I seen an article on them somewhere, maybe here
At the farm.keep us posted on that nanolux router system @Texas Kid

Billyboat

Billyboat

Not really even the same fixture..Solistek are 1000w digi ballast that could run a AC/DE style double ended bulb fixture as a remote mount ballast setup and the new Nanolux DE are closer to a Gavita or Epap with an integral ballast, bulb, and hood all in one, way easier to mount and manage plus they are rated up to 1250w...I am just about to start playing with the remote RF controllers for the Nanolux so I can tell you right now exactly how they are going to work but have seen them in action and they are tits...auto dimmers, sunrise/sunset archs, high heat shutoffs, etc...should be killer

Solistek won't fire a DE bulb properly, at least thats what they told me.

I'm running the Nanolux DE fixture so far and I love it. Its an basically a copy of the gavita but with ceramic bulb holders.

To the OP, i've run the Powerbox Flipboxes for years and I have never had any trouble out of them at all. IMO its nice to be able to separate components in case something fails. But I'm also just now starting to play with the nanolux stuff and so far its good, but only time will tell.

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

I just bought 2 of those last month.....work great so far.

G

gettogro

All my rooms are on a flip. I considered using flip boxes but they cost as much as just using 2 balasts and wiring up a flip relay which is pretty basic electrical stuff. When a ballast blows out you only lose 1 side.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

Thanks for the info Jimmy! One thing is suspect however is that they don't even have a single telephone number on their website..WTF kind of company is that?

I emailed them 5 days ago saying we wanted to purchase 40 ballasts and have not heard a peep from them.

And lastly...why is there always that guy that says "flip boxes are too expensive blah blah blah"

30 ballasts will cost us $5800. flip boxs for 30 ballasts which will double our flower wattage is $2500. Plus, and this is especially true of larger scale grows, you simply don't have time to build all this custom stuff.
Saving $500 on a $80k build out is just kind of silly.

Not to mention ALL work on commercial buildings needs to be done by licensed contractors. All of it.

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

The solistes are nice although we did buy a "bad batch" of them from solis right after they changed manufacturers.

Out of 18 we had 4 just up and burn out. They shorted out in a loud pop and spark thing. Actually pretty fucking scary.

I will say that their customer service has been second to NONE. They next day aired replacement ballasts and threw in three new 1k bulbs for the trouble.

Billyboat

Billyboat

The solistes are nice although we did buy a "bad batch" of them from solis right after they changed manufacturers.

Out of 18 we had 4 just up and burn out. They shorted out in a loud pop and spark thing. Actually pretty fucking scary.

I will say that their customer service has been second to NONE. They next day aired replacement ballasts and threw in three new 1k bulbs for the trouble.

I too got a bad batch and had 3 of them short out. They replaced them no problem. No problems since.

masshole61

masshole61

Texas kid and billy boat, what bulbs are you running in your solis teks?
I'm running the solis tek 6000k at week 6 , and although I was skeptical of switching to their bulb because it is a metal halide bulb, my plants do seem to love it. What bulb would you pair with the solis tek 1000w matrix for a warehouse ( and for a small grow)?The built in timer , the remote control, and the way they turn themselves on and off in succession is awesome!

Billyboat

Billyboat

Texas kid and billy boat, what bulbs are you running in your solis teks?
I'm running the solis tek 6000k at week 6 , and although I was skeptical of switching to their bulb because it is a metal halide bulb, my plants do seem to love it. What bulb would you pair with the solis tek 1000w matrix for a warehouse ( and for a small grow)?The built in timer , the remote control, and the way they turn themselves on and off in succession is awesome!

I've run all the major brands over the years but I currently run the cheap interlux sold by dl wholesale, 22 bucks and I replace em every round. But I'm making the switch to all de bulbs, so I'm done with the old hps.

jimmy the hat

jimmy the hat

Thanks for the info Jimmy! One thing is suspect however is that they don't even have a single telephone number on their website..WTF kind of company is that?

I emailed them 5 days ago saying we wanted to purchase 40 ballasts and have not heard a peep from them.

And lastly...why is there always that guy that says "flip boxes are too expensive blah blah blah"

30 ballasts will cost us $5800. flip boxs for 30 ballasts which will double our flower wattage is $2500. Plus, and this is especially true of larger scale grows, you simply don't have time to build all this custom stuff.
Saving $500 on a $80k build out is just kind of silly.

Not to mention ALL work on commercial buildings needs to be done by licensed contractors. All of it.
where are you located? There nw sales rep was hitting shops in my area....I have his card...pm me if you want his number

Legallyflying

Legallyflying

I think we are going to pass on them.

For what it's worth. We run hortilux 1k's in our Solisteks. We replace them once a year. I've measured output on one month, six month and one year old horti bulbs. They don't drop that much over the course of a year.

BUT. If your running 600 you HAVE to check out the GE lucolux HPS. They rock!!

Top Bottom