Setup Help

• Thread starter Outlawz87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

Outlawz87

First off, hello growing community.

To business now.. helping my friend with an indoor master bedroom (13' x 13') setup. My main question is with electricity. He has the following equipment:

4x 1000w w/ HPS Hortilux bulbs and digital ballasts
5x Fans (wall-mounted)
1x CO2 Tank
1x CanFan (200 something cfm)
1x A/C unit (how many btus should he get? still needs to buy one)

What electrical changes do we need to make or what panels and what not do we need to buy. Money is not an issue so best of the best please.

Thanks for any help in advance.

-O87

F

f1ydave

First off, hello growing community.

To business now.. helping my friend with an indoor master bedroom (13' x 13') setup. My main question is with electricity. He has the following equipment:

4x 1000w w/ HPS Hortilux bulbs and digital ballasts
5x Fans (wall-mounted)
1x CO2 Tank
1x CanFan (200 something cfm)
1x A/C unit (how many btus should he get? still needs to buy one)

What electrical changes do we need to make or what panels and what not do we need to buy. Money is not an issue so best of the best please.

-O87

FYI, Hortilux Bulbs are no designed for digital ballast and will fry em. Digitalux Bulbs or any other bulb will work.

Hortilux changed the voltage requirement for the bulbs and I am not aware of a brand of digital ballasts that can handle them yet. Good luck with that.

As for your power issues, a 15amp line will not be able to power all of that. You will need to split everything up or run new lines. You need an electrician. Do it right and don't burn down the house.

F

f1ydave

As for the Eye Hortilux Claim? We have installed over 100 Digital Ballast "Quantum's and Lumatek's, all with 1k Eye Hortilux lamps in the past 2 months without a single issue.
Were is the details of that statement? Is there a link?

You maybe getting some calls soon. They last about 3-6 months. As the bulbs deterioration continues its normal cycle, they require more voltage ignition. The ballast will try to adjust for this and eventually fail.

This is gathered from the conversations at shops and posts I have encountered.

A local grow shop even showed me a print out of a press release from Lumatek verifying this and they have or are designing a new ballast for these particular bulbs.

O

Outlawz87

So let me see if I understand.. I run the 100 Amp Sub-Panel in the room with everything connected, then I split it off so 30 amps for lights, 20 amps for fans, and 20 amps / 240v for A/C unit (18000 btu)?

If so how do I know where to split each of those 30, 20, and 20 amps to?

Appreciate the feedback.

-O87

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Money is not an issue so best of the best please.

-O87

get an electrician. you're in over your head, and with electrical, that can be very dangerous.

Papa

O

Outlawz87

Yea, just been talking to my friend and he's going to get ahold of an electrician.

-O87

C

ClimateControl

Ask Garden Of Dreams

Where you should get that 18000 btu mini split from, I would tell you here, but motherlode is following me around bitching about me posting links......:banana1sv6:

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

Ill be making a couple calls tomorrow to get more info on this, thank you for the heads up.

Ive heard this many times but Ive been running one for a year with no issues. it is supposed to do with the speed the lights start that can cause the problem is what i was told when i heard this the first time. idk how true it is but i know i've not seen any issues nor have the many people i know running these setups.

Latest posts

Top Bottom