Seven Satori from seed

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

20 Dec '11 planted 5 Satori (by Mandala)
10 Jan '12 planted 4 Satori; following the emphatic web instructions to direct sow the seeds.
It works and has converted me from a wet towel user to a seed stuffer.

I am pulled to Satori by fellow farmers who have waxed lyrical when thoughts turn to Satori.

So without further delay I present the surviving seven:
DSCN3466small.jpg

At this writing I make these plants 42 and 21 days old.
Only two of these are of the first five which drove me to follow the breeders germination instructions. That makes me four for four with direct sow (dirt and Rapid Rooters) and only one looks a bit lame.

The plan is to grow them big enough to provide a cutting.
In the past I have rooted the main stem and put that into 12/12 to expedite sexing. I have no use for males as there are only so many projects one new grower can take on. And I have all these fantastic genetics to try.

I will probably keep as many girls as I find but lighted space is getting competitive. These are up against about another six new sprouts with some very seductive pedigrees not to mention clones in the stable of:
F13
AK48
Grapefruit / Blueberry
White Fire

So they better grow or my hand may be forced. (If my plants are reading this thread please take this as encouragement not a threat)

Organic dirt all the way (my super soil) under fluorescent.
Feeding microbial tea with bat guano top dress at two weeks flower. Nothing else but spring water.

Enjoy the show my friends.

TortureKill

TortureKill

Looking great man, Keep us posted. I have some satori packs in the collection been wanting to check these out

phenotyper

phenotyper

Cool! I have a Satori finishing now that I started from seed. Love the smell of the strain. Unique.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
My bud just grew out some satori seeds; Japanese Sativa, he had a couple nice phenos. It is quite unique smelling and tasting. Really good daytime smoke that's for sure. Almost gives you a nice mental energy boost.

Have fun with those gals. :winking0067:

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

helll yeah im down for this 1 hope u find some gemz big guy. ill be posted watchn

Dunge

Dunge

first sexing clone is cut

Satori 1-6
DSCN3487small.jpg
DSCN3488small.jpg

36 & 58 days from start.

I would prefer to wait for more than one to be big enough to clone, but what the heck; I'll have my way with S1.
DSCN3489small.jpg

The operating theater.
DSCN3490small.jpg

Both mother and cutting are doing well.

phenotyper

phenotyper

Looks awesome. If you want, checkout my Satori that's finishing, linked in sig.

Dunge

Dunge

Past time for a Satori update, but I was holding off for something to report.
I have three surviving females but it is the end of the line for these girls as I was unable to get any cuttings to root.
These three are flowering only as a sexing test, thus the small growing containers.

This is a pre-harvest review.

S4 has been under 12/12 lighting for 9.5 weeks.
Stretchy pheno with nice flower formation.
Looks weeks from harvest.
DSCN3558
DSCN3559

S5 & S6 are 8.5 weeks into flower lighting and show good flower formation.
Both of these were topped and the external support on S6 is due to neglect. Both branches had slipped below the canopy and I allowed this condition to persist, so it is on me that her flowers are petite.

S5
DSCN3560
DSCN3561

S6
DSCN3562
DSCN3563

Sorry about the photo orientation, but Picasa did not pass on my rotational edits.

So for me, Satori is a seed only cultivar.
I have two more seeds and will wait for a fully cured smoke report prior to germination them.

Scratch that. I'm dunking them now.

Dunge

Dunge

Harvest report: Satori 4
DSCN3584

This is one of two branches.
The flowers are nice and tight and smell of evergreens.
DSCN3580

It turns out, I did get this S4 girl to root, but I flowered them both, so here I am trying to re-vedg this proven plant. Or she is at least a prospect.
Had to break her badly to squash down to the light. So far, so good.
DSCN3581

I am happy with what Satori has shown me and splashed more beans.
The investigation continues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom