several dwc buckets around a vertical hps - good or bad idea?

• Thread starter af4444
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

af4444

considering putting several 2gal or 3gal buckets around a single vertical hps light. ideally will rotate the buckets on a schedule (ie turn them all 90 degrees clockwise once a day) to ensure that each side of the plants get light access.

is this a viable plan? would it be better to just put the lights above the buckets (and probably push the buckets closer in together?)

how many buckets could go around a 400watt hps? how about a 600 watt?

conversely, how many buckets could go UNDER a 400watt hps? 600watt?

thanks for your help!!

J

Jalisco Kid

So you want to lite a plant only 1/4 of the time. I'll bet you can answer your own question. JK

S

Silica

Havent you seen verticals before JK. They yeild pretty well although a vertical scrog is better.
You could put around 4 large plants around a 400 or 12 small plants.
When i do my new vertical i will use 8 plants around the lamps, with space on sides of pots. (two lamps- twin vertical, figure 8 of pots around the lights, total 14 plants.
But ive seen good results with less plants.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

how about something like this? ...looks like it would be a fun project.

J

Jalisco Kid

Heath has been doing vert scrogs for awhile. But the above poster wants his plants to receive light every 4 day that is different. you can grow a plant that way but it would not be as good as if it were lit horz. and lst'ed
Silica I have seen 1 or 2 bulbs hung vert. JK

E

easypleasie

No need to turn the plants. just wrap the branches in the back to the front. Fewer plants will allow you more room to do this. And I think JK might know a thing or two about vertical.

af444. looks like it's time for you to do some more reading. Lots of vert setups info on the web.

Whatever happened to Heath here? Saw he got banned, lol.

E

easypleasie

pwf, you need to have a certain number of posts to be able to pm other members. Not sure what the number is though. 25 or 50?

convex

convex

Post minimum to PM changed PWF ... now need 50 ... I got caught in the change too.

J

Jalisco Kid

I can't believe heath was banned he always seemed helpful and nice in the years I have known him. JK

E

easypleasie

It's a shame Heath isn't around to help folks. He's the king of efficient and simple setups. Can't imagine him doing anything to upset anyone. Who knows, it could just be by association or something silly.

Z

ziggy1

I dont think heath got banned, he just got married and is on the down low

Top Bottom