Several whole branches and 4 colas missing

• Thread starter Buscbk92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
the rrock

the rrock

why wouldnt they steal the whole plant(machete),thats what we did when we were kids,didnt care that there were no buds we would smoke the leaves(got some monsters though).I learned alot as a teenager as dont grow your plants taller than your fence,only got shot once with buckshot or salt early 70s good times

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

Friend you can get in a lot of trouble for laying out booby traps too, particularly in certain repressive States I'd be very careful, best wishes!
If we’re being honest here, I care not. That’s what thieves deserve. They have no business on my property besides being in a fenced off area.

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

Camera much better option, hate to see ya get sued by some kids parents for hurting their thieving kids. If that’s what it is- motion cameras
See the problem is if I see and find out who’s doing it, they’re gonna be in a much worse boat at that point.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

If we’re being honest here, I care not. That’s what thieves deserve. They have no business on my property besides being in a fenced off area.
Believe me a pit with punji sticks would be too kind; however that doesn't change what I said and I hope you are thinking it through not worth getting in deep trouble, and it could be some really young kids and that's going to be even worse! I'm with the Watchdog and camera crew, but whatever you decide I hope it works out!

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

why wouldnt they steal the whole plant(machete),thats what we did when we were kids,didnt care that there were no buds we would smoke the leaves(got some monsters though).I learned alot as a teenager as dont grow your plants taller than your fence,only got shot once with buckshot or salt early 70s good times
Believe me a pit with punji sticks would be too kind; however that doesn't change what I said and I hope you are thinking it through not worth getting in deep trouble, and it could be some really young kids and that's going to be even worse! I'm more along the line of Watch Dogs and cameras but whatever you decide I hope it works out!

You’re 100% right but I’m not rational. I have mental problems and anger is one of them. I use this medicine to treat it. So they kinda put their self up shits creek. I also have animal issue in my yard being raccoons and nothing wrong with defending my food from animals, as I said especially being a fenced in area. Now if it wasn’t fenced in and was fully open and someone could “accidentally” walk through it, it’d be different. There’s plenty of warnings leading up to the garden now. I’m praying it was just an animal or bird tbh. Next year I’m planning on building a privacy fence.

thank you for your input it is appreciated, as is everyone else’s. It helps me decide what to do and I may remove the traps and do something that’ll just scare them more.

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

I was even thinking of just digging some holes around the plants for them to learn a lesson with. That can’t even be shown to be a trap but should still be effective in teaching the person a lesson while their ankle is healing

1stonedman

1stonedman

Noted.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Needless to say I’ve set some boards with nails through it in the spots that can be entered and have set line and noise traps around it as a deterrent if possible. Do you think that’s a clean cut by a human? I don’t see anyway an animal could do this especially with my fence. Birds wouldn’t do this type of damage would they?

I regret those look like they were removed with a sharp pair of clippers. I’ve never seen anything else remotely similar on my plants.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I protect ours with a solar powered motion detector flood lights. Motion is detected on my trail leading to the garden, but the light actually shines directly at my bedroom window. A trail cam would also be good.
I think an adult with enough forethought to bring clippers and enough “courtesy” to leave the undeveloped bud on the plant. My guess, someone who knows you, a friend, who just really likes to get stoned?

Madmax

Madmax

Maybe it was a young fella that knows you thats why only so much was taken..either that or an animal..i had some taken few years back..instead of taking the first plant they have seen they took the smallest one and plants furthest away ..go figure ..so that tells me it was someone that knew me...and they didnt comeback for the rest even though i had traps and waiting..

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

I protect ours with a solar powered motion detector flood lights. Motion is detected on my trail leading to the garden, but the light actually shines directly at my bedroom window. A trail cam would also be good.
I think an adult with enough forethought to bring clippers and enough “courtesy” to leave the undeveloped bud on the plant. My guess, someone who knows you, a friend, who just really likes to get stoned?
Yeah I have no “friends” at least that I cal
Had my dad come over last week to chop a tree down stealing light from them. He brought my cousin without permission to help, but he said he didn’t have a green thumb and I think my dad would have noticed him hiding branches lol

no friends in the sense of the word, kind of a loner.

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

Maybe it was a young fella that knows you thats why only so much was taken..either that or an animal..i had some taken few years back..instead of taking the first plant they have seen they took the smallest one and plants furthest away ..go figure ..so that tells me it was someone that knew me...and they didnt comeback for the rest even though i had traps and waiting..
Hoping that’s was happens here is no one comes back lol

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

I concur with trail cam and motion sensor light aimed at your bedroom window. And for that extra special touch add a few cow bells on trip wires around your plants. They are so loud they’ll get your attention and animal or thief real quick. Good luck. Rippers are shit!

Buscbk92

Buscbk92

Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate it. Think I’m gonna install motion lights on both sides leading up to the garden. I’ll post an update if I catch them or my plants lose anymore branches lol

1stonedman

1stonedman

Thanks for the input everyone, I appreciate it. Think I’m gonna install motion lights on both sides leading up to the garden. I’ll post an update if I catch them or my plants lose anymore branches lol

Make sure the light isnt hitting ur plants, also I recomend the reolink wireless solar powered camera, has night vision, motion sensor, alarm that goes off when its tripped, managed all from ur cell phone display anywhere on any monitor.. all settings can be changed.. records etc

Edit, I use this as a means to quickly respond to trespassers, they trigger the motion sensor, I pull it up on my phone or I look at my display and I know what up.

Top Bottom