Severe Heat Damage In Flower - Opinions Very Welcome

• Thread starter nurlord
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
nurlord

nurlord

2 weeks into flower and I got hit with a double whammy. The air conditioner tripped the breaker and my reservoir also ran low. My area is entirely cooled by air conditioner. With the super high temps and having limited access to water I arrived to find the the top 1.5-2 feet of all the plants burned or dehydrated to the point of no return.

I know of people who crop at two weeks into to flower so I decided to cut away as much of the dead plant matter as I could in the hopes of being able to continue the grow. The plants were all 3.5-4ft tall and nice and wide so after cutting away all the damaged done to the top halves I realized I still have some decent sized plants. But of course the lower half of the plants don't have the large robust branches of the top half but I'm wondering the best way for me to proceed. Has anyone face a situation like this?

I feel my choices are.

1: Continue on with the grow as I'm already two weeks in and hope the stress and the fact the biggest branches are gone doesn't make this grow a complete waste of time.

2: Throw the plants back into veg and get them back healthy and then back to flower. But is that going to be worth it considering the time lost revegging? All the plants had started producing buds already. What are we looking at about 5 weeks for them to be ready to back into flower?

3: Chuck all the plants and replace them with. Only issue with replacing them is that the replacements would be very small in comparison. Ranging from 12 inches all the way down to about 8 inches, Whereas the damaged one are still about two feet tall. I'd think it would be 2-3 weeks before the replacements would be big enough to comfortably flower and even then they'd likely be smaller than the damaged ones are now.

Thoughts?

nur

M

MamaBear

I vote to just let them keep going. It's not unusual to harvest the top and then let side buds continue. They will get a lot larger since the plants aren't putting tons of energy into the top anymore. It will be fine!

H

happy b

It really depends.do you reckon whats left of your plants will give you as much as you need?is reveg your only other option?you dont have access to good clones?do u have a seperate veg room?
a reveg will take atleast 4/5 weeks before theyd be worth flipping again.probably even longer.

BigBlueBuds

BigBlueBuds

Vote for let them grow.
I sometimes do some topping and a bit of cleaning lower branches/lollipoping around day 10-14 if I want to get a few tall branches in check.
If you want to encourage some new growth perhaps bump up the nitrogen alittle.
Id be adding some kind of silica supplement for heat stress and to get those smaller branches/stems strong and crackin!
- Yabadaba -

nurlord

nurlord

Thinks aren't looking spectacular but they are progressing. I think this way was more effective than starting over with clones considering the time that would have been lost.

Panacea79

Panacea79

Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm leaning toward. It's just hard looking at what these once magnificent looking plants have been reduced to. I was actually telling myself this was going to be my best grow ever.
Oh man!! Bro, I TOTALLY FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!
Apparently my scrubber/exhaust fan hose got bent or the fan or how got clogged, etc, but bottom line: I came home from work last night, opened my tent and it was like an oven!! I'm growing one auto LSD (beautiful deep, dark purple flowers, nice dispel smell) from FastBuds and the temp was at like 88 degrees with 17% humidity! It roasted pretty much all the fan leaves and a LOT of the spiky ones coming off the buds. Needless to say I flipped out because this is the second one of this strain I've grown; the first one was really small but NONTHELESS gave me about a half oz of sparkly, purple pretty nugs...
Anyway, I immediately shut the whole thing down till I remedied the fan/exhaust situation (which I luckily did) then proceeded to get all the dead, crispy leaves off. Kinda sux cuz she's in week 7 total and about 4 weeks into flower so IDK IF THATS A GOOD THING OR A BAD THING(????, opinions, feedback??) I then gave her a little extra dose of agua and some calmag as I've read that calcium helps heat stress recovery.
As I stated, she's about 4-4 1/2 weeks into flower with some really nice looking buds including a 5 inch long/tall and 2" diameter cola and this is BEFORE she/they have started their 'last couple weeks BUD-FATTEN-UP-TIME'.
All this being said and after reading THIS and some other posts about people's heat stress problems and hopeful solutions/ways to recover or rescue the poor thing(s), does ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME ON MY ISSUE???!!!
I was hoping that since she's well into flower that she'll rebound and reward !!!
Thanx for listening
Keep em Red, Green, PURPLE, Blue or any Combination of the above but most of all.....KEEP EM HAPPY, HEALTHY AND KEEP EM GROWIN'!!!!!

hermit186

hermit186

If you finish it out and what you have describe it will taste like rolled shit and will have a short lived high and then a headache. Try to clone them. you have hurt that plant but the genetics will not care.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Let them grow on I just had a similar situation I ended up with 3 times of what I was think I was going to get .

Latest posts

Top Bottom