Severe upper GI issues

• Thread starter Kushtime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kushtime

Heres my story and what drew me from an occational smoker to where im at today. my senior year of highschool i got salimanila(cant spell it) from chicken i spent 3 weeks basically dieing at my house because I was broke and didnt have money for the ER or hospital and i thought ill just tough it out... somehow my body fought it off and im left with nerve dmg thoughout my upper digestive track. Now 4 years later and more than 100 hospital visits I struggle on a daily basis with nausea, vomiting, nerve pain, lack of appitite. ive been to the hospital more than a couple dozen times for vomiting so hard i tour my esophagus open and starting to vomit blood. in the first 3 months i was sick i had tried over a dozen different types of meds from irritable bowel syndrom, apppitite stimulants, nause meds opiates and anti depressants. Ive been on meds just to combat the side effects from other meds. I cant remember all the names but i was on promathazine and zofron for nausea, oxycodine for pain, xanax on occation, 3 different types of appitite stimulants, several ibs meds(dont remember names) and finally anti depressents. I went from 170 to 125lbs. literally went days if not a week without being able to eat. i was not smoking at the time. after failed medicine after failed medicine my doctor told me i should see if pot helps(no medical marijuana where i live. its not even decriminalized) So now 4 years later i still struggle. Im up around 150-160lbs depending on the week. i have all the same symptoms ive had with one difference i smoke pot.

Every day starts off the same. wake up from nerve pain at 6 to 7 am and puke my brains out every single day, force myself to eat or drink something which usually come right back up.

Senario one: wait till around 2 to 4 im the afternoon while sufferring to occationally have an appitite, where i actually want to eat and not throw up. after i eat, the nerve pain really kicks in and if feels like an electric fishin line is wrapped around my intestines and i spend the next 30 to 45 minutes all but dieing of abdominal pain fighting not to vomit. If im lucky and it stays down i will feel better in an hour or two but still deal with the nausea. maybe if im lucky eat again around 8 to 10 at night. granted the portions i can eat are so small because as soon as food hits my stumach i fight it to stay down and if i had an appitite it all but disapears immediatly. then i go to bed to start the process over again

Senario two: Smoke some pot after what i call the morning sickness. in about 25 to 35 minutes i have an appitite known as the munchies. im usually still nauseous but vomiting has almost never occoured after smoking. if i was having nerve pain its been dulled i still feel it but its like maybe 40 to 60% of what it was depending on the bud i smoked. I eat food and can keep it down even if i dont smoke the rest of the day its a rareity for the symptoms to return to their 100% fuck my life stage however they do come back later in the day but to no where near the degree as if i hadnt smoked. If i smoke again in the same day i can eat large portions of food like any normal person ill be able to have 3 meals in a day. after i eat the nerve pain does return but again its at maybe half strenth.

After starting to smoke pot for medical reasons i quickly went from 125 to 140. however its been 3 and a half years and i can barly keep 155. Ive done alot of experamenting with different foods and meds and weed taking different ones outa the equation to see what might help. food doesnt make a difference it has no effect on whether ill be sick or not. meds barly help but i need 3 then 2 more to combat the side effects. or i can spark up some green in the morning and have a relativly normal day with some nerve pain exceptions but i can live with it. the nausea vomiting and lack of appitite are really hard to live with. When i have a totally empty stumack the pain is by far at its worst.

two years ago i through all the other meds away. since then ive been to the hospital less than a dozen times because of the ailment. so the first two years while trying chemical meds i was basically struggling to stay alive. two years into smoking pot the worst that happens is i spend way to much money and way to many sketchy deals later. (1g in a school zone can get me up to a year in jail in my state.. its a felony) I continue to be sick everyday but i can live a semi normal life. i honestly believe if it wasnt for pot id be dead. so anyone out there who struggles like i do you have to make a choice... life or death.

Im not posting this to have anyone feel sorry for me but to put my story out there so that if someone else is strugging with the decision of medical use or not it may help. if you want to know anymore about my situation or even if your in a similar one please feel free to share its why we are here. this isnt the best explanation of everything but i dont want it to be a fricken book because it very well could be.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Sorry but Glad

Sorry to hear of your illness, but its good you found weed. I an glad that it gives you some relief for your ailment. Hope things get better

mal

S

SoloSour

i went through,and still struggle daily with many of the issues your speaking of.ive been diagnosed with severe crohns disease.about 9 years ago as a matter of fact.i have been sick most of my life.even as a kid i remember this sickness in my stomach.as i got older things got worse.most likely due to stress.ive lost a lot of friends and family members through out the past 9 10 years.suicides,overdoses,murder.its not been an easy road.

i too am on the same medications,only they took my zofran away and said my insurance wouldnt cover it because i dont have cancer.with it i was maintaining 160lbs,now 3 months later im 135.my drs have also diagnosed me with wasting syndrome.because i cant eat.when i do i get the worst pain as my stomach tries to digest it.so more often than not i deal with the hunger pains and nausea.i use to throw up on the regular although its calmed since i started smoking regularly like you.it still happens and i get horrible flares at times but for the most part its just learning to live with severe pain,and the nausea that i feel all day long.even when i had the zofran it was almost just as bad.

ive had 30 some surgeries for my crohns,in the time that ive been sick.i too have felt like I was on my death bed.
im glad to have seen this.now i know i am not the only one who has gotten this bad with gi issues.have you been diagnosed with crohns yet?if not you need a endoscopy and colonoscopy before it gets to late like it did with me...because i didnt have insurance i self medicated and dealt with things for the first few years.the drs say that had i caught it early enough i would have had a better chances at the auto immune infusions working for me.sadly they did not and i was soon taken off of remicaid.then put on some other awful injections and now finally humaria.i still live with daily symptoms while the medications must be atleat giving a placebo effect because the flares at least the bad ones where i end up in the hospital have not been as frequent.unless you have crohns its hard to understand that life is like one big flare up...and a bunch of bullshit attached to it to try to get better that doesnt work.

do your self a favor and look into juicing cannabis leafs .i tried but the taste was horrible.i couldnt get and keep it down.but now ive heard about different things to mix with it like juice or honey to make it taste better.i am going to give it another try at harvest.

dankworth

dankworth

I am sorry to hear of the troubles of everyone here with gi/crohn's problems.
Trying to maintain 155 lbs myself.

WV Mike

WV Mike

I have never been so glad to hear about someone else's misery...
Kushtime and SoloSour, I live the same life that you both describe. Solo, my wife simply does not understand why I would rather starve and deal with hunger pain instead of the DIGESTING pain that comes with eating. For me, medical pot is the only thing that gives me any quality of life whatsoever and even then it's a struggle to do 'normal' things. Please know that none of us are alone and the answers to our struggle may indeed lie in the underfunded research and development of the other hundreds of compounds contained in the marijuana plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Someone on another forum shared this link with me: dixiex.com
High CBD hemp-based concoctions. May be much more helpful than smoking alone.

P

paulycali

Were here to help for sure

Everyone with Chron's disease should be medicating with cannabis

Does wonders for a buddy of mine with Chron's and should do wonders for you

Eats like a horse and seems very happy after medicating

Hope this plant makes your days a little more bearable

Latest posts

Top Bottom