severe white fly infestation. should i chop them?

• Thread starter Boog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Boog

This is my first post, I usually try and find answers by Googling or searching the forum but its been hard to get a definitive answer....

I have 4 plants in 5 gal pots which are a foot and a half. and 4 clones that are about 6 inches in one gal pot. I've cut a few of the most damaged leaves off. I originally thought the leaf burning and yellowing problem was due to too A nute overload. When I shake the leaves I see a cloud little white flys also when I flick my smart pots I see a cloud of them. The leaves for the most part are healthy a few of the bigger fan leaves are burnt on the end, otherwise they look good. Has this already gone too far?

I have until the beginning of December at my place so I can pull out one crop. I was thinking it might just be more beneficial to start over with healthy ones so I don't have to deal with more problems dwn the road and ending up with a weak harvest, bc like I said ill be able to pull out one crop total.
Thanks in advance

Dr. Detroit

Dr. Detroit

Whiteflies are easy. You can get rid of half of them by just taking the plants outside and shaking them off. The rest die easy with neem oil, or nearly any other control method.

BlackBart

BlackBart

Dr Detroit gives good advice . You can also use Safers insecticidal soap as well .

S

Seed Buyer

Since you are only dealing with a few plants I would break out the vacuum, give the plants a shakes and start sucking them up. The manually spray each plant liberally until the point of run off w/ neem making sure to coat the underside of the leaves. I would also place yellow sticky traps around the plants and above the canopy. Repeat program every 4-5 days. Good luck!

O

Organicyumyum

i dont like to spray my plants with anything including neem after week 3 at the latest in flower. So, for whiteflies, in a 4 x 8 tent, I release 1000 nile delta whitefly predators. google: hired bugs and you will find them. I set them out once, and follow up 2 weeks later with another 1000 and they should be under control no matter how bad the infestation. hope this helps, i like to go the most organic route possible. it sometimes costs a bit more and takes a little bit of time to get them under control, but in the end it's healthier for you and anyone who smokes your herb.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
shake em off like was stated. then put up some hot shot no pest strips that should keep yopu covered until chop. you can buy them at home depot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom