sex change spray

• Thread starter Funtcas3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Funtcas3

Funtcas3

i know u can make ur own CS or STS, but with some of the materials needed having to sign a dea form and what not ...F that. I ran across Riot's Sex change spray, I know Riot doesnt have a great rep but I'm wondering if anyone has used it? is it bullshite? legit?

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Never tried it.

But to make your own all you need is, pure silver (5$ @ a jewelers or old pre 64 us coins)), old cell phone charger, an a cup of water.

Venom818

Venom818

i know u can make ur own CS or STS, but with some of the materials needed having to sign a dea form and what not ...F that. I ran across Riot's Sex change spray, I know Riot doesnt have a great rep but I'm wondering if anyone has used it? is it bullshite? legit?

lmao I would stay away from anything riot.especially with all the shit i have seen off him herm

Funtcas3

Funtcas3

Never tried it.

But to make your own all you need is, pure silver (5$ @ a jewelers or old pre 64 us coins)), old cell phone charger, an a cup of water.

cell phone charger? pls explain?

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Here's the link

The author is a good friend, this works great.

S

Sunbiz1

Wait a minute, now that I've read the thread on silver...all they are doing is making intentional hermies.

Which in turn produce over 90% female seeds, I just got done doing this in a much easier fashion. All you have to do is interrupt their flowering light cycle and they will naturally self-pollinate.

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Wait a minute, now that I've read the thread on silver...all they are doing is making intentional hermies.

Which in turn produce over 90% female seeds, I just got done doing this in a much easier fashion. All you have to do is interrupt their flowering light cycle and they will naturally self-pollinate.

Yeah you dont want to go that route mang! Stressing a plant that is prone to hermie and then using its pollen just creates more hermies in the crosses. You want to try to find a super stable plant and spray with colloidial silver. Most of the time even the most stable females will turn over and pop nice male flowers. Put this pollen on a separate female plant and youll have your feminized seeds.

G

grnmountainboy

i always interrupt the light cycle. chemicals mess with the potency and taste of a strain, most of the time not for the better

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
i always interrupt the light cycle. chemicals mess with the potency and taste of a strain, most of the time not for the better

Tell that to any feminized seed breeder and theyll probably disagree. Thats how they make their fems. Def not by stressing them with heat, light, pH or nutes. The only time you use those stress tests is for testing stability of a strain....not to make crosses from the hermie pollen. This misbelief is part of the reason why there are so many hermi prone strains out there(not that there arent some killer hermie prone strains....chems for example)

And def dont want to smoke the nugs you sprayed with the silver....thats just common sense.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

You Don't ever spray nugs with it?
You just spray the branch of a fem plant to make it produce male pollen.
Then pollinate as usual with it.

"When inducing sex change chemically it is not a "hermaphroditic trait/gene" that is passed along. And since it is from a female plant there are NO male chromosomes so when pollinating a female with pollen from a chemically altered female/ male branch it can only produce female offspring. Also due to it being female to female it also helps pass on traits more uniformly. So doing it chemically you are not using genetics but rather chemically induced stress which triggers the male flower production but the plant is not a hermaphroditic genetic plant so no transference...follow?"

Heres a better link explaining it all

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you guys dont think spraying them with cs or sts is a form of stress?

seems like forcing a plant to hermi be it with a spary or turning on the lights for half hour in the middle of the dark cycle or letting them go for weeks after they are supposed to be chopped would all produce the same results

just because you wont make males using any of these techniques doesn't mean you wont make hermis

personally im not a fan of fem beans - no matter how they are made

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

It defiantly stresses it , so just spray a branch.
I believe the plant has the same chance of being a herm as the original parent plant(s).

S

Sunbiz1

It defiantly stresses it , so just spray a branch.
I believe the plant has the chance of being a herm as the original parent plant(s).

Are you saying that a hermaphrodite mother will produce seeds prone to being hermie?.

S

Sunbiz1

You just hit the nail on the head sun, peace az

That's odd,

2 years ago, I had a female hermie on her own from a light cycle interruption. I grew out 20 beans last Spring, and thus far have 95% straight female...this includes a finished one curing and 2 more in mid-flower. The remaining 5% were straight males.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

Are you saying that a hermaphrodite mother will produce seeds prone to being hermie?.

Yes,
All MJ plant carry the genes to herm.
Some just have a low stress threshold before they herm.
That is genitacly determined.
It's a roll of the dice if a easy to herm plant shows it's self.

SCARHOLE

SCARHOLE

That's odd,

2 years ago, I had a female hermie on her own from a light cycle interruption. I grew out 20 beans last Spring, and thus far have 95% straight female...this includes a finished one curing and 2 more in mid-flower. The remaining 5% were straight males.

The herm genes stayed rececive didn't show up.

But the males showing is very rare!
I have only heard of it once before.

S

Sunbiz1

The herm genes stayed rececive didn't show up.

But the males showing is very rare!
I have only heard of it once before.

Yes, they were straight males. One was indoors, and the other was part of an in-ground guerrilla grow. Both showed male a month ago, surprised the hell out of me. I would have saved them, only the in-ground was next to 2 girls and I have no separate male area indoors.

I have another thread here on them, just haven't been updating it b/c I want to make sure none go hermie later in flower stages.

Top Bottom