Sex reversal spray recommendations anyone?

• Thread starter LetItGrowFarAndWide
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LetItGrowFarAndWide

LetItGrowFarAndWide

Any recommendations?

I know most people use a silver metal daily spraying of the budding area to introduce a female to reverse sex.

Has anyone tried Riot Seeds sex reversal spray?

Matt claims he developed and tested the formula for this and it's hormonal and doesn't stress the plant as much as when you use silver.

I'm not in America right now and am in a country where you can buy steroids over the counter, no prescription needed.
Has anyone tried using a foliar spray with human testosterone?
I mean if kelp does the same thing wouldn't testosterone be stronger and quicker? 😃

Sex reversal spray recommendations anyone
logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
Matt is ripping people off, 8oz for $70 LOL

This is all thats needed to make feminized seeds 😍

34oz for $54 way more cost effective

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

i work with colloidal silver 20 ppm spraying twice a day for two weeks, and starting a week before 12/12 flip

LetItGrowFarAndWide

LetItGrowFarAndWide

Matt is ripping people off, 8oz for $70 LOL

This is all thats needed to make feminized seeds 😍

View attachment 2109543

34oz for $54 way more cost effective

"Currently unavailable
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

I'm a small hobbyist. Don't think I will need a whole quart. The difference between $54 and $70 isn't that significant for my budget. What I'm interested is effectiveness.
Matt claims silver will stress it out more than hormonal sprays and induce more hermies in the seeds.
I'm just trying to find out if anyone has tried a cheap, down and dirty way of reversing by using testosterone sprays. Not sure what it costs here, but it's probably a fraction of the price of silver solutions. My hunch is testosterone is stronger than silver. 😊

LetItGrowFarAndWide

LetItGrowFarAndWide

i work with colloidal silver 20 ppm spraying twice a day for two weeks, and starting a week before 12/12 flip
I forgot to mention I am growing on my patio outside in tropical equatorial latitudes.

So, I'm starting the seeds indoors under a full spectrum LED light until the seedlings are established not sure the #of hours but let's say I split the difference between 18 and 12 and sprout the beans under 15/9, then in mid July here it will go down to 14/10 hours outside and gradually to slightly less than 12 hours around Winter Solstice.

So, even with only 15 hours of civil twilight when I put the seedlings outdoors they will continue in veg at least a month or 6 weeks before sexing, correct?

I read you can start sexing anytime.

And finally it's my understanding that shorter daylight hours cause more sativa characteristics in the phenotype, which would include an increase in hermies.

So, my setup is already priming the plants to Hermie, LOL.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I can get 8oz bottles for a less than £20
You can also use Silver Thiosulfate.

The claim that he makes I am very doubtful about sounds like a seller overcharging and making up bs

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
And finally it's my understanding that shorter daylight hours cause more sativa characteristics in the phenotype, which would include an increase in hermies.

So, my setup is already priming the plants to Hermie, LOL.
Its the parents make up the genetics. not daylight

LetItGrowFarAndWide

LetItGrowFarAndWide

Its the parents make up the genetics. not daylight
No.
Genetics is a combination of genes and epigenes.
Epigenes are passed on to children from the parents and speed up evolution because they react to environmental factors.

Here's the science behind what I just said:
These hermaphroditic inflorescences can be induced by exogenous applications of different chemicals (Ram and Jaiswal, 1970, 1972; Ram and Sett, 1981), and by environmental stresses (Rosenthal, 1991; Kaushal, 2012), suggesting that external triggers and epigenetic factors may play a role.

I've seen environment play a part in whether a seed turns out to be male or female.
Using my environmental techniques, I get 60-70% females from regular seeds.

If the parents have hermie traits then setting seedlings out in 14 hour daylight periods might be an environmental factor to increase hermies.

But as a homegrower slight Hermie characteristics is no problem for me and is actually desirable. 👍

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
That’s what I’m referring to you can’t make a plant lean towards being a sativa dom by daylight hrs alone
It’s the genetic make up of the parents that determine that not daylight

Top Bottom