Sex Showing Under 18/6 Light Cycle?

• Thread starter shades
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shades

shades

Sex showing under 186 light cycle
Sex showing under 186 light cycle 2

I topped this one after 3 nodes, but it has been under 18/6 light since it's parent plant had the cutting taken from it.

It's my 2nd harvest and I've never noticed sexing start to appear before 12/12 lighting conditions are introduced.

Are those male pollen sacks? How are they showing in 18/6 lighting??

JTShakes

JTShakes

Yeah that's a boy. Maybe it has some ruderalis in it? Plants will show their sex in 18/6 if they're sexually mature. Usually they're just pre-flowers, but there are plenty of autoflower genetics out there too. Either way, I'd get that out of the grow room asap unless you're trying to make seeds.

CannabinoidCarson33

CannabinoidCarson33

Yeah man, those are pollen sacs. From what I've learned, they can show signs of pre-flower which really help identify males and females early in the grow cycle. I grew from regular non feminized seed and mine showed 6 weeks into veg (yes i was in veg a long time) and allowed me to yank the boys out before flower even began!

shades

shades

Yeah man, those are pollen sacs. From what I've learned, they can show signs of pre-flower which really help identify males and females early in the grow cycle. I grew from regular non feminized seed and mine showed 6 weeks into veg (yes i was in veg a long time) and allowed me to yank the boys out before flower even began!

Well well well, Riddle me this:

How has the Father plant this cutting came from, not shown ANY signs of preflower it's entire veg cycle since last year and just the cuttings from him have?

This is very beneficial information though, I now know out of my remaining four vegging plants I have 2 males and 1 female.

I lost my ID tags initially on the two female plants I have in my tent now but it can only be either orange or magenta. Cyan and purple are male.

I can now safely move the males outside to grow outside. I have enough seeds now that I don't need to worry about them dying.

And the lighting conditions aren't enough for four healthy plants but two healthy plants for sure.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
yes, i saw the gender of mine at about 4 to 5 weeks. 6 weeks and it was obvious

Top Bottom