Sex triggered by environment , how ?

• Thread starter deeweeb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Gobshite

So really the genotype doesn't matter ? If the genotype of a plant is actually male , but because of the environment , it's phenotype manifests as a female for all intensive purposes it appears and acts like a male ?
If this is true then , understanding what conditions need to be manipulated in the plants environment to bring out a female phenotype would almost guarantee all females would it not ?

While I'm no CX, the phenotype is just an expression that you see nothing changes genetically.

GxE=P,

Hence a plant may look or express itself as something it techniquely isn't.

C

ChronicEnvy

Dear Rocky Top, I experienced the same deal with my 6 bag seeds from my last grow. 400 watt MH, in cool basement closet grow. Every one came up female when I flipped them to 12/12. These were not fem seeds, and some could have been a few years old. Luke meister and I kept seeds from our best stuff over the last few years. I have no explanation why all six were female, but I was very happy they were for my small grow. I only wish this luck would rub off with my lottery ticket purchases. Peace and respect. Remember Bob Marley loves Ya "One Love"
Maybe you obtained seeds from a genetically female plant that formed pollen sacks and self pollinated. Genetically females plant with calyxes + the genetically “female” pollen = female seeds. So if you find good bud with seeds it’s often that it had formed pollen sacks and self pollinated.

I think this would be very common in stuff sold as “mids” because it was good strains intended to be sensemilla but “hermed” at some point. I could be wrong but it was the first thing that came to mind when I read this years ago and I just saw it again and noticed no answers/closure.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
50% Enviro + 50% Genetics = 100 % Expression.....many variables when dealing with unsexed plants....this simple equation says allot....shits from 2009...wtf...heh
FOE20

Top Bottom