sexing my new babbies

• Thread starter kd0afk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kd0afk

I traded some hash for 9 seeds with a buddy. He is just about the biggest pot snob I know so I know they are from really good stock.
anyway, they are about 4" tall after three weeks and I think they are showing thier tiny little genitals. LOL. Here sree two photos showing what I mean. Im not sure if it is sex sign. I have only grown clones so I have never harp sex a plant.
here they are:
012411182858.jpg

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
They are not what you are looking for. There are pics on the sites. Basically a female pre flower is a little upright vase with a hair coming out. They usually are alone or another on the opposite side of the stem. The males are like a little ball like on the ends of broccoli. They will open up to an 5 petal upside down hanging flower (with the open end down like a bell). They usually have a few others in the general area and will look like a patch of little balls or one or 2 balls. It is way early for pre flowers. Start looking week 6-7 at the 5-6 leaf set junctions.

K

kd0afk

Right on, I read somewhere that you can sex at the 5th node. Thanks.

I

ibTheMan

r they autoflowers cause 3 weeks is really young to be show'n or switchn the cycle.

T

Toes

P.S. looks like you just cut em up pretty good. I would wait 1-2 more weeks before "flippin' the switch".... If you induce flower right now your yield will SUFFER!

K

kd0afk

I don't know what they are they were bag seed and I was told that what a plant reaches the seventh node, you can flower to determine sex.

K

kd0afk

I had topped that node. It looks like I fimmed it but I got a flower anyway.
but very cool I'm happy I'm gonna let this go through harvest and if it's good I'll use it as a mother.

T

Toes

I had topped that node. It looks like I fimmed it but I got a flower anyway.
but very cool I'm happy I'm gonna let this go through harvest and if it's good I'll use it as a mother.

hang on... you mean mother as in seed mother. cause if you go to harvest. unless you plan to re-veg... your plant has finished it's life. it won't be a good clone mother if it's dead.

Mother plants are basically clone donors. to have good clones you need the "mother" plant to, arguably, stay in veg. some say the 4th week in flower is ok, but it stresses the clones, having to "re-veg", and makes for a longer finishing plant.

K

kd0afk

Its already in flower, so it wouldn't be a good plant to use it for clones?

K

kd0afk

One more question, since I just noticed its sex today, should I treat today as the first day in flower? Or will its life be over in 6-7 weeks?

T

Toes

you can still take clone from her.

most people count day 1 as the day they provided a 12 hour night.

K

kd0afk

you can still take clone from her.

most people count day 1 as the day they provided a 12 hour night.
Very good, I am going to take a few and let the plant go on to harvest.
Thanks guys.

K

kd0afk

Update

None of the clones I took survived.
I got two males of the batch, killed them.
I thought I had 1 more female but I took a closer look today and this is what I found;
2011-03-01_11-39-00_125.jpg

2011-03-01_11-38-48_256.jpg

Is this a hermie?
Both photos are of the apical meristem (sp).

L

Lost

Nope, normal early budding, very common for weeks 2-3.

Also something to note about light cycles. If you keep you plant in 24 hours of lite, it will literally take MONTHS to sex. If you change the light to 18/6, you should be able to tell sex alot sooner and the 7th node sexing thing is bs, its different for different strains and lighting conditions.

K

kd0afk

let me clear some things up. seedlings have been raised in 12/12. They got a few days of veg.
look at the center, it has the same striped football that I saw in the male pollen sack.

L

Lost

let me clear some things up. seedlings have been raised in 12/12. They got a few days of veg.
look at the center, it has the same striped football that I saw in the male pollen sack.

So you went 24/7 for a few days then 12/12? I hope you didn't go 12/12 to veg back to 12/12. Muy bad..

Top Bottom