Sexing???? No Sign Of Sex And Has Been In 12/12 For A While...

• Thread starter FratAndGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
FratAndGreen

FratAndGreen

So as in the description, I have had my plants under the 12/12 cycle now for using almost tree weeks and still no sign of a particular sex . I've never seen this before ...Can any one help me figure out why this is?

Moto

Moto

So as in the description, I have had my plants under the 12/12 cycle now for using almost tree weeks and still no sign of a particular sex . I've never seen this before ...Can any one help me figure out why this is?

Start with the basics.. Is there a possibility of a light leak? Timer issue etc..

By light leak I mean get stoned as hell and paranoid and let your eyes adjust after you go in the room in complete darkness.. After 5 minutes give or take in stoned time and you are done looking around the room wondering why..

if you don't see any light from a surge protector or anything at all..

Then we will proceed further :D

FratAndGreen

FratAndGreen

Yeah I was pretty stoned when I wrote the question yesterday lol but I did check however, to see if there were any light leaks which there weren't ( thanks for the idea though, I had not thought of that. ) I am not positive that the timer is working but i'm pretty darn sure because of how they have been growing like literally an inch a day and an inch a night for the past week!

xavier7995

xavier7995

How old are the plants?
Plants will not start showing sex until they reach maturity. Best of luck. Peace
Do you happen to know how 12/12 from seed works then? Never really tried it and always veg 4-6 weeks so it is not something that has come up.

Moto

Moto

Do you happen to know how 12/12 from seed works then? Never really tried it and always veg 4-6 weeks so it is not something that has come up.

He is only implying that it make take longer in flower to show its actual sex.. Aka: short veg times from seed... If you cannot understand then hit the books and not the local grower.. HAHA

Next time be a positive influence and ask questions instead of assuming someone is ignorant or not knowledgeable..

Just saying.. :)

Last edited:
Moto

Moto

Yeah I was pretty stoned when I wrote the question yesterday lol but I did check however, to see if there were any light leaks which there weren't ( thanks for the idea though, I had not thought of that. ) I am not positive that the timer is working but i'm pretty darn sure because of how they have been growing like literally an inch a day and an inch a night for the past week!

Sounds like you are doing a plant from seed and had a short veg time so the plant is trying to catch up to your rushed conditions..

Doesn't mean its unhealthy just may take longer to start flowering.. Sounds like you are getting stretch so don't worry and just make sure you have some extra P in the system to initiate flowering if in soil-less media.. :)

Think of how mother nature works.. Slow and proficient..

xavier7995

xavier7995

Wasn't really calling someone out, more just asking a question. ....but noted dude.

Moto

Moto

Wasn't really calling someone out, more just asking a question. ....but noted dude.

Thanks I wasn't trying to either.. Just love to see positive people when dealing with people learning.. I want them to enjoy the plant also and not get frustrated or stressed.. My other message explains a bit more :)

I edited my post because I mis read your statement @xavier7995 my apologies :)

Last edited:
ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Yeah I've done 12:12 from about 10 days from seed and the plant stretched real hard and didn't show sex until about day 40 from seed. But typically a plant's not going to reach sexual maturity till about day 30 so determining the gender is pretty tough until then. Best of luck. Peace

xavier7995

xavier7995

That's about what I expected would occur. Not a style I plan to try out, but I appreciate the input.

cocoJoe

cocoJoe

12/12 from seed takes 23 to 24 days to show sex,, but some will go close to 28 days to show sex from seed..
Even a haze will show in 30 days.. This is the way I grow exclusively.. ;)

FratAndGreen

FratAndGreen

well no actually .. They had over a month of veg.I started them out side and used two treatments of super thrive 2 weeks apart to get good roots (which it damn well did too, Ill be using that stuff forever) I have replaced the timer just so that now I know it works. Ill keep you guys updated. I may just have odd genetics. Im hoping that the slow flowering is a good sign because I think I heard somewhere that males are usually quick to show?? Any ways Ill be in and out. Thank you guys so much for your time and help

MeJuana

MeJuana

Sometimes it takes a couple months for a strain to become mature and probably long that's just the strains I've worked with. Do keep us updated I am interested to know how long it ultimately takes. You can drop the light hours to 11/13 also that's what I do in the hotter months anyway. But I'm confident you will have pistils bursting from everywhere soon

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Ill bet your plants want pk bad. Sometimes it takes extra time in cool weather but i bet you need a pk boost.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

i agree with gt,you can feed certain stuff to them that slow the plant,reason we use veg nutes in first 2 weeks of flower,to slow stretch,studies have also shown by putting to much neem cake in your soil will also delay flowering,i sometimes feed flower nutrients last 2 weeks of veg and flip and feed 2 weeks of veg feed to them to slow stretch,but that brother above my post taught me something that has saved me more time and money,here is the trick,take a solo cup half full of soil plant your seed ,keep in 24 hr light till you get third full set of leaves and flip them into flower,at 12-12,screws them all up thinking there hormones are screwed up and they show sex from 10 to 14 days rushing to get done before winter comes,they show sex,put them right back into veg under 18-6 light,i also transplant when sex is shown and flipped back to veg,transplant and hormone inbalance slows them enough to catch up and taproots hit bottom and explode,not unusal thinking they arent going back to veg also,patience is key,even been under 18-6 light they look like they are still flowering but arent,this method save money just in not feeding males and wasting time,also gets you to a point were you can get more females in there and acts as a prepetual grow,but they arent harvested no more than 2 weeks apart,confort in a all female room is gained this way

Latest posts

Top Bottom