Sexing Seeds

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
A buddy of mine found this online and was asking if there is any truth to it. I had never heard of it so figured some of you more experienced breeders and growers might have.

It's probably just another one of those internet myths but figured it was worth asking about. Appreciate your thoughts.

jj

Sexing seeds
I

ismokepot

Yeah, years ago they were selling this bullcrap "secret" in Hightimes for $20-$30...... a waste of money, time and seeds. I can't say I've ever seen a volcano on any of my seeds!

hubcap

hubcap

we need to open a "urban legends" thread for things like such....

-hc -

M

mrmellon

nice one it! the chart looks pro and all someone really went the ekstra mile to make this myth seem plausible.

B

Brothers Brand

we need to open a "urban legends" thread for things like such....

-hc -

thats a great idea!
there is soooo much mis-information out there....its hard sometimes when youre new to the game, "weeding" through all the available information to know what to believe sometimes...

G

guerilla family

Didn't yall know they say male or female on them. They also have the strain name written right on the seed. Its really small print, but it's there.

GFam

S

shepj

I'll bet a breeder put this out on the market so that you throw away like 1/3 of your seeds so when you only end up with like 1 female, you have to buy more of their seeds. lol.

S

StonedOwl

"In The Best Of Ask Ed your marijuana questions answered"

Ed says, you should germinate your seeds and look to see where the sprout comes out, If it comes out on top or on either end, he found the plant would be female. If it comes out on the side, it will be male. I have never tried this but he says it has about a 90% success rate.

B

Beeronymous

do the males smell when theyre still growing up? what about the females? or do they both just stink like skunk?

S

StonedOwl

Females definitely smell more skunky than males. that's another good way to tell.

dlovejah

dlovejah

Didn't yall know they say male or female on them. They also have the strain name written right on the seed. Its really small print, but it's there.

GFam

:party:evilgrin0031::tongue0011: Oh there it is.. Couldnt see it without my glasses..lol gf:evilgrin0031::character0027:

G

grizz

what about the herm seeds? or are they like humans and you can't really tell untill the females start dressing like a boy

I

I N Hail

O-Yeh I've done it this way forever.
The only porblem was that some of the female's would grow like these banana looking thing's and would get dust on everything.

And some of the males i tried would not release any pollen at all they would just grow
big spear looking clusters with some kind of sticky stuff on them and would stink!!

"INH shake's his head and goes to sex some seeds":mooning

S

surfershine

Only sure way to sex seeds is by their genetics. Cross 50% M to F. Femenized 100% F.

Top Bottom