One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
That equates to 77f with a RH of 66%. That’s ok for seedlings and unrooted clones but that’s about it. You’re at 0.9 kpa which is really low. Meaning your plants aren’t perspiring enough to carry immobile/micro nutrients throughout the plant.

You want to be at 1.5-1.9 for flowering. Here’s the chart you should use as there are ones for seedlings, veg and flowering.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
That equates to 77f with a RH of 66%. That’s ok for seedlings and unrooted clones but that’s about it. You’re at 0.9 kpa which is really low. Meaning your plants aren’t perspiring enough to carry immobile/micro nutrients throughout the plant.

You want to be at 1.5-1.9 for flowering. Here’s the chart you should use as there are ones for seedlings, veg and flowering.

Ok cool thanks for the charts have but them on file and will print out for my grow room downstairs , the chart I’m using has had me pretty close but I’ll get my VPD better sorted with these charts . Always learning always thankful to the Farm community. Od

Muttley

Muttley

Hello One Drop this is an outstanding grow for sure, even if a lot of the technical terminology is a bit out of my depth. I thought the fat lady was about to sing when those plants began drooping some time back, but you brought them back to life with an expert touch, for sure. The novelty of seeing the sun's photosynthetic powers being replicated with LED lights indoors, hasn't worn off for this first time indoor grower.

I have a small grow comprising Ace Seeds Zamaldelica growing under a generic Chinese made LED light, since I will revert to outdoor growing as soon as the seedlings are sturdy enough, and if I may, I'd like to ask a very brief question here about how soon I can take air-layer clones.

Due to my trial-and-error blundering methodology, I lost several precious seedlings, and so I began wondering about the feasibility of taking air-layer clones off the three healthy Zamaldelica seedlings that have survived so far, to increase my plant count when the outdoor phase of my grow starts up. As soon the branches can bear the weight of finger-tip sized clods of peat moss, I plan to scrape small girdles around the circumference of several branches, affix the peat moss, and cover that in silver foil, after adding some rooting hormone.

So I guess my question is, how soon, in your expert opinion, would it be safe to start affixing those peat plugs to branches on these seedlings ? Do I need to wait until the plants are four nodes tall, or can I take clones off branches earlier, by using broom-straws stuck in the planter's soil, to help bear the weight of the attached peat plugs ? I hope this question won't be regarded as too much of a digression from your grow, but since your indoor grow credentials are self-evident here, I thought I'd seek your opinion, as I didn't get much of a response to this question in a couple of the other forums where I posed this question recently.

Thanks in advance for any insights you might find a moment to share, relating to this indoor grow beginner's question.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I wouldnt air layer just take cuttings to make clones from it’s very easy as long as the diameter of the plant material stem is over 1/8 “ or 3 to 5 mm . Od

Muttley

Muttley

I wouldnt air layer just take cuttings to make clones from it’s very easy as long as the diameter of the plant material stem is over 1/8 “ or 3 to 5 mm . Od

Much thanks for this pointer, OneDrop. Neve tried traditional clone making before, but I've seen lots of pictures, and might just give it a go this time around. Done lots of air layering with non-cannabis plants, and my success with those other plant species led me to think air layering would work just as well with cannabis.

Now to wait until the stem grows thick enough. Your response here is much appreciated, and I'm tagging along for the ride with this amazing grow of yours.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Much thanks for this pointer, OneDrop. Neve tried traditional clone making before, but I've seen lots of pictures, and might just give it a go this time around. Done lots of air layering with non-cannabis plants, and my success with those other plant species led me to think air layering would work just as well with cannabis.

Now to wait until the stem grows thick enough. Your response here is much appreciated, and I'm tagging along for the ride with this amazing grow of yours.
No worries mate I’ve cloned for many years and once your up n running it’s a breeze . Thanks for tagging along and for your support have fun growing keep us posted Cobba .

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I seen one drops pic of the surface soil temp of 17. 65 deg F in soil is ok? If so why? How? I slways thought 70ish for better P absorption

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Which is 65 or so in F. Wont that limit P intake?
Yes a little but I’m not growing for anyone but myself and wife so no big deal it temp is warming up as spring kicke in I’m figuring it will increase which will help the P uptake , may have to get the oil heater in there again keep the space lungs a little warmer . It’s hard in my neck of the woods I’m on a island and have varied weather patterns I must say it’s tring to say the least . Od .

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Temps in your room have been a lot more stable with the led too im sure...im a sittin back...ive gotta get leds for my summers as my temps got into the 90's quite a bit. That was with a 14,000 btu AC...ill run my blue daylight halides in winter and finish last 4 weeks with HPS....peace....grow on...smoke that SHIT

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I’m happy the way the SF2000 and the heat transfer I’m still toying with taking off the drivers to run outside the tent as summer heats up but I only grow at night in the cooler part of the evening . Enjoy your grows mate . Od.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
27/9/20 Quick update it's been a battle but I think I'm winning I took a week of flushing to get the ppm down so there a little bit over watered but there drying out have up the heating in grow space lungs spring isn't getting a leg up on the winter as yet had snow on mountain again , I'm still in there swinging . SF 2000 doing great plenty of coverage I'm at 100% 22" above the canopy my vpd has been a bit up n down it's just what it is . This grow is sponsored by @SpiderFarmerLED & @One drop . Cheers for the butchers hook .

IMG 20200927 081203
IMG 20200927 081203
IMG 20200927 081139
IMG 20200927 081146
IMG 20200927 073323
IMG 20200927 073331
IMG 20200927 073307
IMG 20200927 073319

SpiderFarmerLED

Supporter
27/9/20 Quick update it's been a battle but I think I'm winning I took a week of flushing to get the ppm down so there a little bit over watered but there drying out have up the heating in grow space lungs spring isn't getting a leg up on the winter as yet had snow on mountain again , I'm still in there swinging . SF 2000 doing great plenty of coverage I'm at 100% 22" above the canopy my vpd has been a bit up n down it's just what it is . This grow is sponsored by @SpiderFarmerLED & @One drop . Cheers for the butchers hook .
Growing!!!

Top Bottom