SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This grow will be in a 2x4 tent with 2 Spider-Farmer 1000's. It's the smallest tent we have and we needed a second SF1000 to fill it out with light, now we have a pair.

Soil:
Roots Organic LUSH.

Amendments:
Earth Dust:

Recharge:

Add-On:
Sticky Icky:(During Flower)

We will be using 3 gal fabric pots with holes in the sides for the soil probe. I have seen many people that have trouble with their soil probes. If you have the 3-in-1 probe, it is likely defective. We use this one and have nothing but good things to say about it.

To amend your soil:
Fill the fabric pot 98% full with LUSH. You want the soil about a fingernail height below the lip of the pot. (unless you have long nails) Finger width.
Add the amendments according to directions. Get your hands in there and mix it for a good 5 minutes or more. Top to bottom at least three times. At the same time you are mixing, watch for things that should not be there. I've never seen anything, but I heard mice do happen, along with Fungus gnats (they come with the organics it seems)
You may want some D-Earth to spread a nice layer of. A full cup of clean sand is also fine but not really needed as that soil has more than enough.
Place the pots in the tent and water them. Let them sit for a week (watering correctly in the meantime) and then,

Germinate the seeds. When they have decently long taps, plant them in the pots.
Get a pencil and stick it in the soil to a depth 125% of the tap length so that the seed is just under the soil. Make sure the tap root is pointing down into the hole you made with the pencil. Gently water and start it running VEG mode.

We also use a basic carbon filter to clean our water. It may be considered safe by the local gov, we don't want to drink it. Why would we give it to our plants?
The filter does not change anything really. It just removes a lot of stuff that could possibly cause problems.

We will be doing another round of GDP's from ILGM. We will do a 1/3 harvest.
When the plants are just starting to turn milky, we take 1/3 of them. Then wait for maybe 10% amber and take another third. Then take the rest at 50% amber for the pillow lock. There are days when some extra inducement to rest is needed.
I've added some GDP pix from as past grow.

I hear a tent calling to me. (All replacement parts are here.)
Growers! ASSEMBLE!

Water filter
When to water
How to water
Preventing hydrophobic soil
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Who wants tools!? I'm working on the grow area, doing some rearranging and changing the air system around. I'm finding tools that the kids (and me) lost and I had to replace.
If I sell half my tools, I could probably pay for this next grow with it. 😂
There is so much stuff that we never use in there. I will be getting rid of as much as possible. The rest can be photographed and scanned. We simply don't have the room we need for this collection.
I'm aiming at having the room up and running by tonight. Lots of work. I need a young'un to do the lifting. LOL

Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It would be a waste to use in coco because you would be flushing all the organics away every time you water.
You would not be getting the benefit of the Earth dust.
Sticky is added to your water, so yes, it can be used no problem in coco. Just cut the amount in half and use it twice as often.

Aromagurl

Aromagurl

This grow will be in a 2x4 tent with 2 Spider-Farmer 1000's. It's the smallest tent we have and we needed a second SF1000 to fill it out with light, now we have a pair.

Soil:
Roots Organic LUSH.

Amendments:
Earth Dust:

Recharge:

Add-On:
Sticky Icky:(During Flower)

We will be using 3 gal fabric pots with holes in the sides for the soil probe. I have seen many people that have trouble with their soil probes. If you have the 3-in-1 probe, it is likely defective. We use this one and have nothing but good things to say about it.

To amend your soil:
Fill the fabric pot 98% full with LUSH. You want the soil about a fingernail height below the lip of the pot. (unless you have long nails) Finger width.
Add the amendments according to directions. Get your hands in there and mix it for a good 5 minutes or more. Top to bottom at least three times. At the same time you are mixing, watch for things that should not be there. I've never seen anything, but I heard mice do happen, along with Fungus gnats (they come with the organics it seems)
You may want some D-Earth to spread a nice layer of. A full cup of clean sand is also fine but not really needed as that soil has more than enough.
Place the pots in the tent and water them. Let them sit for a week (watering correctly in the meantime) and then,

Germinate the seeds. When they have decently long taps, plant them in the pots.
Get a pencil and stick it in the soil to a depth 125% of the tap length so that the seed is just under the soil. Make sure the tap root is pointing down into the hole you made with the pencil. Gently water and start it running VEG mode.

We also use a basic carbon filter to clean our water. It may be considered safe by the local gov, we don't want to drink it. Why would we give it to our plants?
The filter does not change anything really. It just removes a lot of stuff that could possibly cause problems.

We will be doing another round of GDP's from ILGM. We will do a 1/3 harvest.
When the plants are just starting to turn milky, we take 1/3 of them. Then wait for maybe 10% amber and take another third. Then take the rest at 50% amber for the pillow lock. There are days when some extra inducement to rest is needed.
I've added some GDP pix from as past grow.

I hear a tent calling to me. (All replacement parts are here.)
Growers! ASSEMBLE!
Just started using Roots Organics Lush Soil for the first time on my current 8 clones for a "screen or green" . I am a new grower who had a bad experience with a different soil my last two runs. I am hopeful with this soil. I enjoyed all the detail you gave above and hope to see you have an amazing run with this combo of life in your soil and your SF1000 duo. I have a SF1000 in my veg tent (where my clones are hang'in in the Lush soil ) and 2 SF2000 in my flowering tent where my lady is flowering under who isn't doing so well in the "other soil". LOL. The clones like the Lush except two that are very high in their soil PH so far. Maybe too much water tho so waiting on them to dry out a bit to see about that. Gonna follow along and hopefully learn from your use of this soil. It's been hard to find a living soil I like that I don't have to make. (that just isn't in the cards for me ATM). HAPPY GROWING!

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

Just started using Roots Organics Lush Soil for the first time on my current 8 clones for a "screen or green" . I am a new grower who had a bad experience with a different soil my last two runs. I am hopeful with this soil. I enjoyed all the detail you gave above and hope to see you have an amazing run with this combo of life in your soil and your SF1000 duo. I have a SF1000 in my veg tent (where my clones are hang'in in the Lush soil ) and 2 SF2000 in my flowering tent where my lady is flowering under who isn't doing so well in the "other soil". LOL. The clones like the Lush except two that are very high in their soil PH so far. Maybe too much water tho so waiting on them to dry out a bit to see about that. Gonna follow along and hopefully learn from your use of this soil. It's been hard to find a living soil I like that I don't have to make. (that just isn't in the cards for me ATM). HAPPY GROWING!
Welcome to the FARM and Thanks for Sharing! 👍😎

Do you have a "grow log" here too yet? Pics? 🤔🙃🙂

Happy Growing back@cha! 😎🤙

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We tried using this to help out the remaining FFOF we had and it just blew the FFOF right out of the water. No comparison. With the amendments listed, we have been growing some super sweet bud.

Aromagurl

Aromagurl

Welcome to the FARM and Thanks for Sharing! 👍😎

Do you have a "grow log" here too yet? Pics? 🤔🙃🙂

Happy Growing back@cha! 😎🤙
Thank you. So warm a welcome. I don't have a log here. I was logging my last grow on grow diaries but had to stop due to migraines. ugh. However, I do long my growing on INstagram so, I put my link on my bio here. I may decide to start a log here too but I will have to see if I can keep up with that. Not sure if you are on Instagram but Here I am and I will do my best to get something started here if I have the energy. https://www.instagram.com/opals_apothecarium/

Aromagurl

Aromagurl

We tried using this to help out the remaining FFOF we had and it just blew the FFOF right out of the water. No comparison. With the amendments listed, we have been growing some super sweet bud.
I am sooooo glad to hear that. Sounds like maybe I choose a winner this time. I was so glad to see your post. Looks like the "dust" is another type of fertilizer too that you use with it along with our microbial feeds. I can't imagine using more amendments with the soil. My clones are NUTS for this soil so far. The PH is high in the soil so far. I think maybe because I didn't let it "come alive" before potting my gals into it. I just did not think to do that. I am so new at this that it was an afterthought. Will definitely not make that mistake again. My gals are showing Mag deficiency just a touch in their stems and leaves a few of 'em. (2 outa 8). I supported the soil this evening with a diverse population of fungal life and bacterial life as well as Humic Acid which should help with PH issues. I am hoping not to have to actually amend anything into the soil to lower PH because these were issues I was having with my other soil. Which begs the question of the water I am using. LOL. My goodness, such touchy little/BIG plants eh? Oh my. They certainly are amazing and resilient. I look forward to seeing your grow space whenever you find time to put it all together. I have such issues as well. Oh when to make the time and for me when will I have the energy. 'It will happen in due time' I am always telling myself. My very best to the process.....FUN!
Oh first pic is without training when gals were transplanted from solo cups and totally root-bound and ready for new shoes. They were loving some mycos, aloe vera, AgSil and NEW SOIL (oh yes)

The second and third are them after LST and bouncing back at the light. Those were taken tonight. Lotta new green going on. My community on insta thinks time to flip but it is hard for me cuz these tiny pots scare me. haha. My main tent has a 15gal massive trained gal in it who is super hurting due to horrible soil and user error probably. I Definitely prefer to veg way out but thought this time maybe try screen of green for this group. (would be only my 3rd grow)
hehe.

IMG 20210924 162428
IMG 20210927 222016
IMG 20210927 222123
Last edited:
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I had forgotten that an idiot and a pair of trainees designed these tents.
Why did they make them so damn difficult to setup. It's indoors, I do not have 12 feet to hoist the cover and slide it over the frame.
And laying it down was not an option either. Oh my goodness.

4x4 done
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

The 4x4 is up and running! The plants in the 2x4 will be moving to the big tent to finish flowering.
Then we will be getting 4 pots ready for this organic grow. We expect to germinate this time next week.
Hopefully the new pots will be amended and cooking by tonight in the 2x4.

BionicKroniK

BionicKroniK

The 4x4 is up and running! The plants in the 2x4 will be moving to the big tent to finish flowering.
Then we will be getting 4 pots ready for this organic grow. We expect to germinate this time next week.
Hopefully the new pots will be amended and cooking by tonight in the 2x4.
Sorry CN, cooking of the new pots will have to wait till tomorrow... 🙃 🥴🤤🤪🚬

Latest posts

Top Bottom