SF1000 goes Organic in our 2x4

• Thread starter ComfortablyNumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

man, that sucks. the housing market is still operating at a special level of insanity. have known several people run into the same situation. always a cash buyer willing to come in way over asking that fucks everyone else. just so they never live in the house and rent it instead. ensuring a lot of people never get to actually build wealth in that way. hopefully you line something else up. maybe not in misery. maybe somewhere more pleasurable, like, montana. or washington. i like the washington idea more. need more farmers outside my back door.
Yeah, but that's what happens, these guys that buy and flip are killing the market.

Missouri because that's where I'm being posted at. If it was our choice, it would be closer to the kids in Texas. As close as legal gets at any rate.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

man, that sucks. the housing market is still operating at a special level of insanity. have known several people run into the same situation. always a cash buyer willing to come in way over asking that fucks everyone else. just so they never live in the house and rent it instead. ensuring a lot of people never get to actually build wealth in that way. hopefully you line something else up. maybe not in misery. maybe somewhere more pleasurable, like, montana. or washington. i like the washington idea more. need more farmers outside my back door.
You freakin cold loving weirdos. 🤣

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

i'll take cold and wet over tornadoes and midwest culture any day lol
We've got cold and wet here. Tornados during the spring, summer and fall ... but most twisters in Michigan are small and only knock down a few trees or damage roof tops.

I'm not sure what to say about Great Lakes culture. I'm sure there is one, but too old and set in my ways to care.

@ComfortablyNumb - My daughter and her family are in St Louis

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i'll take cold and wet over tornadoes and midwest culture any day lol
Our walipini (underground greenhouse) is there to keep us safe from them pesky tornados. Once the cold sets in my bones, it takes me a week to get warm again.

@MIGrampaUSA we will be upper central MO.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

It’s 16° in Kansas City right now! L O L enjoy a nice warm Missouri.
16 is a hell of a lot better than -35. When we came back to Hawaii 16 years ago, our daughter was in the car and we were talking about the weather in Michigan. She stopped us and said, "Below? Below what? You can't get lower than zero." Still chuckling about that one.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

I want to quickly get back to the beginning of this post with a watering question. I’ve been using Aquamans post on watering in a wet dry cycle with soil and all is good. I ordered some Earth Dust today and after reviewing their web site they have a tutorial where the explicitly tell you to NOT use the wet dry cycle when using their products. They tell you to keep the soil moist with more frequent and less volume watering. This is terrifying to me with all my past problems with watering. Should I be changing the way I’ve been watering for this all organic grow?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I want to quickly get back to the beginning of this post with a watering question. I’ve been using Aquamans post on watering in a wet dry cycle with soil and all is good. I ordered some Earth Dust today and after reviewing their web site they have a tutorial where the explicitly tell you to NOT use the wet dry cycle when using their products. They tell you to keep the soil moist with more frequent and less volume watering. This is terrifying to me with all my past problems with watering. Should I be changing the way I’ve been watering for this all organic grow?
Great question!

The new way of watering ( https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-simplified-way-to-water.131476/ ) has that already covered. When you are checking the soil meter, watch it as you move it thru the soil. You will see the meter move depending if you hit dry spots or spots that did not dry properly...
When the meter shows your soil at the 3/4 deep mark is on the border of dry and moist, that's when you water. You sold will never be totally dry this way.

AZsunfarmer

AZsunfarmer

Great question!

The new way of watering ( https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/new-simplified-way-to-water.131476/ ) has that already covered. When you are checking the soil meter, watch it as you move it thru the soil. You will see the meter move depending if you hit dry spots or spots that did not dry properly...
When the meter shows your soil at the 3/4 deep mark is on the border of dry and moist, that's when you water. You sold will never be totally dry this way.
Wow, common sense right there. I got some roots soil coming too. I’ve noticed with fox farms soil that it gets really hydrophobic almost and it’s hard to get a good saturation when it dries out. I’m hoping the roots retains the water easier. I’ve had the best luck watering with biobizz light mix but I’m afraid it doesn’t have enough organic material for this type of organic grow. Thanks as usual bro’s. Spring starts next month here in Phoenix so I’m gearing up for an early season run of autos before the fucking sizzle comes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom