sh*t what have i done

• Thread starter darkgreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

darkgreenthumb

Idk what to say. I'm a noob and this is my third attempt growing weed. I can't seem to make it to flower but im all ears 😂 what I do know is that I likely stressed the fk out of them with light and heat, after I starved them about a week as seedlings trying to do it outdoors. Some basic info is the RH is 38, they're Bruce Banner autos, temps 76 (was higher at canopy cause too close to LED) they started out in miracle grow solo cups and when the roots hit the bottom I transplanted them into 1 gallon plastic. 18 on 6 off, when I transplanted to 1 gal they went into FFOF. Idk if they're burned, infested, toxic or deficienct.. what I do know is left up to me I'm gonna get them killed :(

they were seedlings with no fans on May 5, these 2 pics would be day 12 and day 14
Oh what have i done

Oh what have i done 2
Last edited:
D

darkgreenthumb

Are these mites or a result of heat? Or something else? It's worth noting my fan was positioned directly at them for a week until I noticed the first leaves twisting and the new leaves twisting so I moved it back which seemed to help some
20240521 010826

FishGuru

FishGuru

Looks like heat and or lights, not bugs. Looks the same when you put little ones out in 85 degree weather. I just threw two autos outside last week because why not and they look like that.

P

Phyto

They actually look pretty good, it’s probably a little combo of heat/wind burn/sun burn, they’ll power through it. If possible try and get the rh up, 50% would be good, 65% would be better. When flowering starts that’s when 38% would be good!

D

darkgreenthumb

Hi.could be just the change in environment from inside to outside..Id give them a good watering..but not in the blazen sun..better arose and sunset.hope all goes well.
Hey steek! I won't make that mistake again lol. Thanks for the positivity! I'll water them tomorrow, it's been a few days.. I may gently add a few drainage holes to these pots too, they don't seem to have much on the bottom

S

steek82

Looks like heat and or lights, not bugs. Looks the same when you put little ones out in 85 degree weather. I just threw two autos outside last week because why not and they look like that.
Iv noticed similar yellowish in the turned out it was when i was feeding..water and food content burning the leafs.

D

darkgreenthumb

Sweet! I was thinking about doing the same thing here in Ohio. I heard our fall is too wet for full season bud - but that autos are quick enough to avoid bud rot... I backed the lights up about 10" and reduced their intensity. I need a meter or something lol

S

steek82

Hey steek! I won't make that mistake again lol. Thanks for the positivity! I'll water them tomorrow, it's been a few days.. I may gently add a few drainage holes to these pots too, they don't seem to have much on the bottom
Yeah defo add more drainage holes end up root bound

D

darkgreenthumb

They actually look pretty good, it’s probably a little combo of heat/wind burn/sun burn, they’ll power through it. If possible try and get the rh up, 50% would be good, 65% would be better. When flowering starts that’s when 38% would be good!
That's really good to hear. I'll grab a humidifier tomorrow and bring the room up to 50. Hopefully now that I've backed off the intensity they'll bounce back.. thanks Phyto

D

darkgreenthumb

light is way too close on the first photo imho ...

the discoloration on the leaves are just genetic mutation that happen locally once in a while with some phenotypes
I agree about the light. They showed a lot of stress after I lowered it that close to the canopy the next day.. raised the lights and lowered the intensity but I don't have a PAR meter so I have no idea where that stands. Good to know about the mutation, it's all Greek to me. Thanks Herbal

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

You are cooking your seedlings.
You need to move your light up so that it hangs at least 24 inches above the tops of the plants. No closer ever!
What light do you have? It may need to be 30 inches above the seedlings.
So as the plant gets taller you must move the light up or the plant down
You do need a fan!
18-6 is good.
As you planted in fox farm medium no need to feed for a while.
What are you planning on feeding after the fertilizer in your medium starts fading?

D

darkgreenthumb

You are cooking your seedlings.
You need to move your light up so that it hangs at least 24 inches above the tops of the plants. No closer ever!
What light do you have? It may need to be 30 inches above the seedlings.
So as the plant gets taller you must move the light up or the plant down
You do need a fan!
18-6 is good.
As you planted in fox farm medium no need to feed for a while.
What are you planning on feeding after the fertilizer in your medium starts fading?
Alright, I'll raise it up even further. I had it about 25" above then I read that seedlings like the light close so my noobiness put that to the test. I'll raise it up to 30"

This is the light: QUANTUM GROW LIGHT V3 550+660nm(r spec),w/Meanwell HLG-480H,SAMSUNG LM301H, LED - this one is very similar: https://growdaddyleds.com/products/...PRP8pOoSwiYpasgfmOKmocyjsTPxqkUs6CEXtde98uYQ0

I'm not sure what to feed them once the FFOF is spent - or how I might know when the nutes have been used up. Any suggestions?

D

darkgreenthumb

I've taken your collective knowledge and put it into motion. 30" above the canopy, a light watering, added some improv drain holes to the plastics. Heres the new light position. Still need to grab a humidifier
20240521 122830

Latest posts

Top Bottom