sh*t what have i done

• Thread starter darkgreenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

darkgreenthumb

Little update a couples days after making the changes to my grow.. they're praying? 😂😅
20240523 140011

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
I've taken your collective knowledge and put it into motion. 30" above the canopy, a light watering, added some improv drain holes to the plastics. Heres the new light position. Still need to grab a humidifier
30" should be a good distance for the light. I favor longer distance.

I'd say you need a tent for the humidifier. Then add fans for circulation and exhaust.

Little update a couples days after making the changes to my grow.. they're praying?
Maybe a little. Mostly just growing.

D

darkgreenthumb

30" should be a good distance for the light. I favor longer distance.

I'd say you need a tent for the humidifier. Then add fans for circulation and exhaust.

Maybe a little. Mostly just growing.
I'll take growing all day long! lol. Is there a meter you recommend for light? I'd like yo dial it in - I hate guessing at it.

I can't do a tent, tho it would be nice... I have this room closed off with fans in it circulating the air above the canopy. Currently 53 RH in there. Cold air return is always pulling the air out and when it's raining or humid I've been I crack the windows to keep fresh air cycling

D

darkgreenthumb

Welp it's been 32 days since sprout. Here's a quick update -

fuck fungus gnats!

I almost used neem oil but I read that it can cause issues with its oily base film on leaves and that it's a toxin. I didn't avoid it for health concerns - I just want this grow to be as natural and basic as possible so I understand the process better at the baseline before going crazy with nutes and products (unless I find a deficiency)

Anyways I think the FFOF had lots of larvae in it because after transplanting again I noticed an outbreak of fungus gnats. I used yellow sticky paper to wipe out the adults and dissolved mosquito bait to create a "mozzie tea" and watered the soil. No signs of the little fuckers anymore

V

ViolettaLiz

Fungus gnats might mean they are staying too wet. I haven't had them in cannabis but I use peroxide mixed with water in the soil to kill the gnat larva in regular plants, it helps the soil and roots also. I can't tell you the last time I've had them. Plants themselves look good.

D

darkgreenthumb

Fungus gnats might mean they are staying too wet. I haven't had them in cannabis but I use peroxide mixed with water in the soil to kill the gnat larva in regular plants, it helps the soil and roots also. I can't tell you the last time I've had them. Plants themselves look good.
I did read that as well! It was a toss up between the tea and diluted peroxide. It's been a few days and I see no signs of them. I'm not sure what introduced them, I've been watering more on the sparingly side, and when I first noticed the problem I went a week without watering so the soil could dry out and nuke the larvae. So far so good and thanks for the compliment

D

darkgreenthumb

20240606 153235
Pbn58eh5tzfb1

I also found two big ol house flies living in the grow room - who were dispatched with haste... however they left behind mystery spots which I thought were fungal or the early stages of disease but after searching I found it was just fly shit 😂

Sunin

Sunin

no- it's not ;) last whistle- chop chop 🤟
I have accepted fungus gnats in grow. Just change sticky papers and control as they are problem if there's enough of them to damage the roots and transfer nasty funguses. When they will recover from topping you can neem (or other solutions know work for people) the plants as this will sort out stuff in the medium for future flowering. Apart from that your plants look healthy and nice. Greetings 😉

Sunin

Sunin

ps: was laughing at fly shit 😂 surrounded by gnats suspecting innocent flies for spreading fungus hahah

D

darkgreenthumb

no- it's not ;) last whistle- chop chop 🤟
I have accepted fungus gnats in grow. Just change sticky papers and control as they are problem if there's enough of them to damage the roots and transfer nasty funguses. When they will recover from topping you can neem (or other solutions know work for people) the plants as this will sort out stuff in the medium for future flowering. Apart from that your plants look healthy and nice. Greetings 😉
Nice! I best get to choppin! Thanks Sunin and hello :)

Top Bottom