Shade cloth for growing cannabis outdoors

• Thread starter harrymakkar
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

harrymakkar

I know that some people are against using shade cloth but the area that i live in the average temperature is 36 degrees and can often reach up to 45degress should i be using shade cloth if so what precent you i be using ?

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I know that some people are against using shade cloth but the area that i live in the average temperature is 36 degrees and can often reach up to 45degress should i be using shade cloth if so what precent you i be using ?
How many hours of light will they be getting? I get around those temps as well, and when I do decide to throw a couple outdoors mine are only in direct sunlight for maybe 6 hours, the rest is in shade.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I grow in those temps! Have found that larger fabric pots works wonders! It’s all about taking care of the root zone temps in my opinion. It is also bone dry here also all summer and early fall! I think that is another saving grace! Didn’t like using the shade. Have found that if you take care of the bottom half the top half can handle it.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I grow in those temps! Have found that larger fabric pots works wonders! It’s all about taking care of the root zone temps in my opinion. It is also bone dry here also all summer and early fall! I think that is another saving grace! Didn’t like using the shade. Have found that if you take care of the bottom half the top half can handle it.
That’s great to know. I’ve only done a couple runs outdoors and the second time was a fabric pots. Issue is during the rainy season it rains every day for 4 months straight 😩

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I know where you’re at! I don’t think I would even attempt it! Lol! You can probably make it work if you choose some tropical strains! But no matter where you are, the puzzle is fun to try and solve! Give me 105° and 20% or less humidity every day and I am clam happy! In my opinion any humidity weather, rain or relative is detrimental to an outdoor grow! Me and humidity are mortal enemies!😂 but enjoy, watching you, give it a go! And it keeps the old gears grinding upstairs! Take it easy brother! And it is a lot less stressful when you are an indoor grower of your caliber! Growing outdoors is just a lark!😁 And you should look at some of the land, race or heirloom that comes from your latitude! Might make things even more interesting! And they are easy to get

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
There is a lot of Philippine, Caribbean, South American, southeast, Asian, African, I wish I could grow some of that African,😁 out there! Doesn’t some Congo black or some Angola red, sound good? Lol!

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
I know where you’re at! I don’t think I would even attempt it! Lol! You can probably make it work if you choose some tropical strains! But no matter where you are, the puzzle is fun to try and solve! Give me 105° and 20% or less humidity every day and I am clam happy! In my opinion any humidity weather, rain or relative is detrimental to an outdoor grow! Me and humidity are mortal enemies!😂 but enjoy, watching you, give it a go! And it keeps the old gears grinding upstairs! Take it easy brother! And it is a lot less stressful when you are an indoor grower of your caliber! Growing outdoors is just a lark!😁 And you should look at some of the land, race or heirloom that comes from your latitude! Might make things even more interesting! And they are easy to get
Cheers bro and right back at you!! I have a runt in my current I’m just gonna uppot and throw her outdoors. It’s hard for me to just throw em away so if I got 12/12 always outdoors all my leftovers will go out there 😂

Thanks for the ideas, I may look into something more suitable to the environment, I’ve got room for like 6 outdoors so might as well ya know ✌️

SoloGrows

SoloGrows

I 100% agree with Oldchucky here, 1 thing I believe goes hand in hand with this is a good watering schedule , helps keep those roots cool and oxygenated during those light hours and high temps

Latest posts

Top Bottom