Shaded's Corner - SF4000 & SE3000

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Not even up for a day and I've already torn it down and started to "improve it". I wasn't happy with the rigidity or the size of the squares. This one panel section has taken longer than I'd like to admit 😒

51C0B013 2C3B 47F3 B3B7 FAD80ECEB6D6

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Not even up for a day and I've already torn it down and started to "improve it". I wasn't happy with the rigidity or the size of the squares. This one panel section has taken longer than I'd like to admit 😒

View attachment 1295785
Well now I’m sure you can see how “fancy” mine is. I mean REAL pvc pipe and a lil farm wire. Those seccy lime green pool noodles and zip strips! What I found was my tables need to be heavy enough to hold those ladies down.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Well now I’m sure you can see how “fancy” mine is. I mean REAL pvc pipe and a lil farm wire. Those seccy lime green pool noodles and zip strips! What I found was my tables need to be heavy enough to hold those ladies down.

Yep here you are hoarding more forbidden knowledge!! 😂

Speaking of which... Do you fill the entire screen and THEN flip to flower, or do you fill like 3/4 of it and then use the 3 weeks or so of flower stretch to fill out the rest?

I ran out of picture hanging wire. I'll finish up tomorrow but got the important bits done 🧙🏼‍♂️

1D2B426B 9809 476A AC04 00CD71D8401E

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yep here you are hoarding more forbidden knowledge!! 😂

Speaking of which... Do you fill the entire screen and THEN flip to flower, or do you fill like 3/4 of it and then use the 3 weeks or so of flower stretch to fill out the rest?

I ran out of picture hanging wire. I'll finish up tomorrow but got the important bits done 🧙🏼‍♂️

View attachment 1295813
I put mine under the table the day I flip to flower. For the first week through the stretch I just stretch them out (limbs) like octopus legs under my top. Stop doing this after the first week though at that point they are where they are going to Bud. I may pull a top through another opening if needed. By keeping them beneath the table through the stretch allows every site to have equal light and put on a top. Lollipoping everything off the plant beneath the table that does not reach the top at the time you table them is important as well. If done properly this will triple your normal take!
I also have two sets of legs for my tables one set is 18 inches tall for the short round indica and twenty four for the hybrid sativa mixes. You want to start with you plant taller than your table. That gives you a major advantage on scrog start.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I can fill a five by five with two plants doing this or a four by four with one. I probably could actually fill the five by with one but have not done so yet. On your scrog, I’d pull two of those plants, you’re gonna be hurting for space and you’re not allowing enough room to go through the stretch under your table top. We are forcing them to stretch under the table and then form new tops to grow above the table. To simply grow them up through the table is trellising them, completely diff than scrogged with a very different outcome 😊

Neueregel

Neueregel

Hey GTG, you have a strain out?

🤣

sambapati

sambapati

I can fill a five by five with two plants doing this or a four by four with one. I probably could actually fill the five by with one but have not done so yet. On your scrog, I’d pull two of those plants, you’re gonna be hurting for space and you’re not allowing enough room to go through the stretch under your table top. We are forcing them to stretch under the table and then form new tops to grow above the table. To simply grow them up through the table is trellising them, completely diff than scrogged with a very different outcome 😊
@CannaGranny Addition by subtraction here; sorry some must vacate. Beautifully written explanation as usual.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

~weekly Monday update

Both of my grow spaces now have a trellis setup that should make my life more manageable! I listened to CG and have removed one of the plants so now we are back to the original 4 - Betty Cheryl Midge and Veronica. I'll probably veg Midge longer in the tent until she fills up about 70% of the squares before I flip to flower. I want to get some bud rolling in so the closet kids are most likely going to be sent to flower at any point.

74BB0B03 8445 40D7 9177 A5B9D7DEC11B
7A48BC5D 6E12 4C05 B0A2 D489BC0138B3

2Bad

2Bad

I agree! My Guy! I was thinking the same thing this weekend. The thing is one of my strains needs it cus its a freak and loves to stretch! but the other strains I don't think needed it.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I feel like there is some great wisdom here and I can't figure it out exactly

So you want to put the net down and then let the plant stretch under the net as adverse to pushing the net down on a plant big enough to encompass the net at once?

Idk if I'm making any sense

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I feel like there is some great wisdom here and I can't figure it out exactly

So you want to put the net down and then let the plant stretch under the net as adverse to pushing the net down on a plant big enough to encompass the net at once?

Idk if I'm making any sense

That’s it exactly! People tend to forget that during stretch the plant may double its size. By forcing them to stretch beneath the top, you are opening them completely up and everything is getting equal light. One thing I do also is I allow the limbs to get taller than my table top, before scrog topping. (Not topping the plant, putting the scrog top on the plant) I like a good six inches of excess height this opens them up like an octopus. Make sense?

ninjadip

ninjadip

That’s it exactly! People tend to forget that during stretch the plant may double its size. By forcing them to stretch beneath the top, you are opening them completely up and everything is getting equal light. One thing I do also is I allow the limbs to get taller than my table top, before scrog topping. (Not topping the plant, putting the scrog top on the plant) I like a good six inches of excess height this opens them up like an octopus. Make sense?
Yes I believe so. I can visualize what you are saying, I see the stretch below the net and then the tops or colas will come through at even time, to have an even canopy. This way the canopy will be more uniform. The uneven stretching of the plant will be under the net instead of above, makes sense

R

ritoMox

Yes I believe so. I can visualize what you are saying, I see the stretch below the net and then the tops or colas will come through at even time, to have an even canopy. This way the canopy will be more uniform. The uneven stretching of the plant will be under the net instead of above, makes sense
These 12 SCROG tips may be a good visual aid. Just click on the pictures for the tips✌️ Link: Scrogging Tips

Pic from Scrog Tip #7
Screenshot+2020-11-28+at+10.17.39+PM.png

R

ritoMox

I don't like how his "READ MORE" takes you to a broken instagram page. Terrible website. I did find: https://www.northernscrogger.com/blog/tip/1

If you change the "1" to 2, 3, 4 etc you can get to the html versions of the more in depth tips.
I know, that's why you have to click the picture. Clicking on the picture takes you to the Tip. He just got his site back up, so it's a work in progress. But if you click the picture it will take you to the tip.

When you click the link I posted above, click on the picture above each tip and it will take you to the tip.✌️
SCROG TIPS

Edit: crafty catch on the number change!👍

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom