Shaded's Corner - SF4000 & SE3000

• Thread starter Shaded_One
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neueregel

Neueregel

Aight so promix already comes premixed with lime so by adding more dolomite lime you're not doing yourself any favors (unless this soil is reused?)

Also you doubled up on the micronutrients - azomite and the glacial rock dust. You only need to use one or the other not both :)

Is there any way to move the heaters outside of the tent instead of blasting hot air onto the plants?
i thought i had asked you once before about adding more dolomite lime to promix. no worries, yeah i added more than i needed. am i screwed for this plant or can i add something to counter what i did? thanks.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

i thought i had asked you once before about adding more dolomite lime to promix. no worries, yeah i added more than i needed. am i screwed for this plant or can i add something to counter what i did? thanks.
Do a slurry test to get some more details (PH, EC). You can probably save it if you want to try.

Keep the light intensity lower to make things easier when it comes to feeding. Under 30 DLI is a lot easier to manage than above Ive found. If you only top dressed/ammended at the lower rate and try to run high DLI then the plants will run out of food a lot faster.

I wouldnt worry too much about the extra lime unless the soil slurry comes out really high PH.

The leaf tacoing is likely heat related if its near any heat sources since it's so isolated.

Shaded_One will get you fixed up right 👍

My plants before his knowledge
PXL 20220323 083841896

My plants now
PXL 20221215 100236631PORTRAIT
PXL 20221215 100300998PORTRAIT
PXL 20221215 100321740PORTRAIT

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Dang sorry bro not sure where the wires got crossed on that info, I usually toss people along to @PrimoClonesCanada for that info as he's the one who reuses his soil all the time. I use fresh soil every batch and never add my own lime so that's why I'm confused :)

If you want to get really drastic you could shake off as much dirt and soil from the root system and transplant into fresh soil. This would probably set your veg back another 1-2 weeks but would help you "reset" on this plant so to speak. Then you could give light feedings of bloom/all purpose 50 50 mix with some Epsom, Gypsum, and Azomite.

@bigbagofbuds has given you some really good info there to digest as well 🤙

Neueregel

Neueregel

Do a slurry test to get some more details (PH, EC). You can probably save it if you want to try.

Keep the light intensity lower to make things easier when it comes to feeding. Under 30 DLI is a lot easier to manage than above Ive found. If you only top dressed/ammended at the lower rate and try to run high DLI then the plants will run out of food a lot faster.

I wouldnt worry too much about the extra lime unless the soil slurry comes out really high PH.

The leaf tacoing is likely heat related if its near any heat sources since it's so isolated.

View attachment 1311388

My plants now
View attachment 1311389View attachment 1311390View attachment 1311391
Yeah I removed the heater
Got nothing about amendments, but the heater is the culprit IMO for 75% of issues.
Just run your lights 24/7 to keep them warm since you're in veg..
Just passing through.. 🤷‍♂️
ok Thanks @bigbagofbuds and @steamroller

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

View attachment 1311388

My plants now
View attachment 1311389View attachment 1311390View attachment 1311391

Curious what the issue was and what the solution was. That's a pretty drastic change.

bigbagofbuds

bigbagofbuds

Curious what the issue was and what the solution was. That's a pretty drastic change.

@bigbagofbuds will have to fill you in. I believe it was a case of not enough food/too much light with some other micro defs.
Yeah these are different plants on different runs but all my plants used to end up looking like the first photo by week 5ish. Almost always had calcium deficiency by week 3 and then transition into potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium deficiencies into week 4 and 5.

The problem was too much light and not enough food. Gaia green also seems low on calcium/magnesium when running LEDs at high intensity.

The solution was to add gypsum and epsom every 2 weeks as in Shaded_One's schedule. Then I also pretty much doubled the amount of dry ammendments I was top dressing with. My problem is mostly driven by DLI in the high 50s combined with poor VPD which exacerbated the fact that I was feeding closer to whats appropriate for 30 DLI.

The high DLI and poor VPD meant that the plants ate through all the nutrients and then struggled to transport them up the stem to the leaves which resulted in deficiencies. You could fix this by increasing the feeds or reducing the DLI, getting perfect VPD would only help with efficiency but if you DLI is high then you need the extra feed.

Now that Ive made those changes it gave me a chance to experience what overfeeding looks like so I can recognize what the plants want.

This plant has calcium deficiency caused by too much phosphorus locking out, it started a few weeks ago ~week 3 and all I did was flush a bit of extra water through the pot to balance things a bit more, the calcium deficiency stopped progressing after that. Notice how dark green the plants are yet they show deficiency, thats a sign of lockout vs if you look at my older photo the plant is pale with deficiencies, that was simply not enough feed. Takes lots of hands on trial and error to get the feel for it, I feel like Im just getting to the point of knowing what they need.
PXL 20221214 093807197

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

100% growing is an art form, especially if you are using organics as it's a little less "scientific" and more or less like cooking. You really need trial and error and you have to be able to understand and analyze your plants. Very fun stuff and quite rewarding if/when you can get it dialed in and obviously @bigbagofbuds is onto something 🧙‍♂️

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

~another week goes by

Didn't give the closet plants enough veg nutes, gave the tent plant too much veg nutes, so going into flower I gave a half dose of my usual bloom feed. Result? Bad idea. I should know better at this point to just give these damn plants the full feedings. We carry on with less green leaves than I would like.

8C25A795 543E 4152 B756 859F4D10230F
3FAD9B4A E739 4C30 AAF7 3BA846A59B85
EF56A87B B5B6 4C9D 99CC 0FDEAC59ED6B
C7F631F5 1DD9 4C25 9CA6 82B99E30C99D

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
~another week goes by

Didn't give the closet plants enough veg nutes, gave the tent plant too much veg nutes, so going into flower I gave a half dose of my usual bloom feed. Result? Bad idea. I should know better at this point to just give these damn plants the full feedings. We carry on with less green leaves than I would like.

View attachment 1312564View attachment 1312563View attachment 1312566View attachment 1312565
Pretty girls you've grown there, how long did you veg for?

I use Promix and rarely add anything to it other than a bit more perlite and maybe some worm castings, Gh trio + floralicious+ once a week 3 weeks - finish .

If I veg over 2 months I may add 1 tbl dolomite as a top dressing to help stabilize the ph.....I found on a long veg 2 months + and with the continuous use of nutes the buffering in the Promix is gone and ph can drop too low. I've had my ph in the high 4's with a wilting 2 month old mess until I learned here what I was doing wrong. It took a few weeks but it ended up a beauty at finish.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
@PipeCarver what type of promix do you use
what ever is available, right now I'm using the Black 3.8cu/ft bales of BX with about 20% perlite so I add 15% more. I'm aiming for about 33% . I'll use any of the peat based mixes, Sunshine mix #4, my fav when its around is Greenworld VPW30 already has 30% and it holds the ph at 6.5 longer than promix.....and its cheaper

2Bad

2Bad

what ever is available, right now I'm using the Black 3.8cu/ft bales of BX with about 20% perlite so I add 15% more. I'm aiming for about 33% . I'll use any of the peat based mixes, Sunshine mix #4, my fav when its around is Greenworld VPW30 already has 30% and it holds the ph at 6.5 longer than promix.....and its cheaper
Hmm ok ok im new to organic

Neueregel

Neueregel

Dang sorry bro not sure where the wires got crossed on that info, I usually toss people along to @PrimoClonesCanada for that info as he's the one who reuses his soil all the time. I use fresh soil every batch and never add my own lime so that's why I'm confused :)

If you want to get really drastic you could shake off as much dirt and soil from the root system and transplant into fresh soil. This would probably set your veg back another 1-2 weeks but would help you "reset" on this plant so to speak. Then you could give light feedings of bloom/all purpose 50 50 mix with some Epsom, Gypsum, and Azomite.

@bigbagofbuds has given you some really good info there to digest as well 🤙
I think she's improving, what say you Gandalf. 😉

20221219 142604
Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Pretty girls you've grown there, how long did you veg for?

Thanks for the kind words everyone! This has been a lovely grow and I am 99.99% sure that I will be using the trellis/SCROG net grow method moving forward. The 10 gallon pot has been a new page in the learning adventure but a couple more runs with that pot size and I should have it sorted out.

I believe these girls were vegged for around 1.5 months give or take. My veg phase was set back 2-3 weeks with my seedling issues early on this run though. A full 2 month veg probably would have benefited the single gal in the tent but I just wanted to get on with it. Not sure if I'll do a single plant in a 4x4 ever again but maybe the yields at the end will change my mind. I just feel like I could have used 1 more plant in there to really fill out that canopy.

Happy Holidays everyone enjoy the slow week 🎅 🎄 🎁

I think she's improving, what say you Gandalf. 😉

She looks mucho better! Starting to perk up and everything :) what all did you end up doing to rectify?

Top Bottom