shading

• Thread starter leghorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leghorn

Hello, this grow is in the Gulf South, upriver from NOLA. It is hot and humid for at least 6 months. The girls get sun for dawn to 4 pm. Then the sun is filter through trees. They can be moved to get more direct sun till 6 pm. The direct sun at 3 to 5 is brutal, only mad dogs and Englishmen out. Would adding a 40% shade covering from 1 pm be to much? I have autoflowering sativas with high mold resistance. With regular plants they go like crazy all summer than then in the last month, Oct - Nov the nights cool down. These autoflowering are wild to work. Thanks, Leg

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hello, this grow is in the Gulf South, upriver from NOLA. It is hot and humid for at least 6 months. The girls get sun for dawn to 4 pm. Then the sun is filter through trees. They can be moved to get more direct sun till 6 pm. The direct sun at 3 to 5 is brutal, only mad dogs and Englishmen out. Would adding a 40% shade covering from 1 pm be to much? I have autoflowering sativas with high mold resistance. With regular plants they go like crazy all summer than then in the last month, Oct - Nov the nights cool down. These autoflowering are wild to work. Thanks, Leg
40% would work fine friend,i have beat that problem against the wall for years,same were im at,winter is 2 weeks long and there isnt such a thing as spring,just a tip you should try,it helped me a lot,i done a soil texture test,all 3 ,sand silt and clay,once i got all 3 combined and even,i have had no more problems,the clay is important as shit in extreme heat,as long as it moist not drenched or dried,it provides that sponge everyone talks about,as in putting mulch in the bottom of your pots acting like a wick when they need feed,if they need feed to that extreme of putting mulch in the bottom,your to dry already if you dig.
so after i went to the battle of getting the layers equal,i went to chart to see what i created,im in the sandy loam section right at edge of loam,the clay has kept my plants and very noticable in triple digits,they no longer look like melted wax during heat of the day,i have a 10 x10 old hurricane blown to shit canopy i drape camo netting over and it helps with the flower alot,that got old though,so check in to soil texture test,it easy,just take a quart mason jar,fill it with soil from defrient spots ,take all the floating debri out,fill the jar with the soil about 1/2 the jar,then fill the jar almost all the up with ro water,leave room for leaf litter and compost to float,once you get the lid on ,shake the crap out of it for a few min,sit it down on a level surface,the sand will sink right to the bottom,take a marker and make a line at sand level,wait 30 minutes and make a line on jar were the silt is,you will see difrence,then let the jar sit over night and all the clay will sink on top of the silt,mark that line,this will give you your layers,then you figure up the precentage of all and look at the texture grid and find out were you are on your soil,i went with more silt than clay but not by much ,that clay is what keep them from melting in the sun and there feet are in moisture,hope it helps

Top Bottom