Shadow Grow

• Thread starter jadins_journey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I've been watching doubleds grow and reading what ProGrow is designing and it got me to thinking, am I wasteing light? Figure if I can sit and smoke a bowl with the lights in my eyes then there is light not hitting a plant. Question was is how the heck to make use of that light with the system that I run.

I have accumulated a great number of spare parts building my system and I got to thinking, what if????? I spent a grand total of $8.36 for the drain line and the rest is built from spare parts. This design will only last one grow and then will be torn down and remodeled, it's a test so please feel free to offer your advice, criticism what ever. Once I figure out what works I'll be putting one on the other side of my lights.

jj

Shadow grow
Shadow grow 2
Shadow grow 3
Shadow grow 4
Shadow grow 5
Shadow grow 6
Shadow grow 7
K

Kilo

yeah man...looks sweet!! :rock ..at first i thought you was going to have the buckets in the the pryamid and have the water/feed cascading down inside and then have pots inserted into the sides lol...

jus tell me to shut up lol...looks nice pukka

P

ProGroWannabe

NIIICE JJ! And yeah, my thoughts are exactly as you were thinking--if light hits the walls, it's wasted. So why not have a plan there that canmake use of that light.

You've come up with a very interesting solution. I'm excited to see how it runs for ya. Keep us updated.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks sweet Pukka! Way to use what you got and save those pennies for some rolling papers. Interested to see how you are gonna feed those buckets. Great JOB!!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Kilo, thanks for the idea buddy. Next build is gonna be a pyramid style, fill the top bucket and let gravity feed the rest. Roll me one of those it must be some good smoke :rock.

ProGroWannabe - I had this idea last night for your new garden and hope it makes sense. One resv holding 30 gls. or so feeds the whole system. 4 levels of pots set in a square each level being higher and wider than the previous level. Feed each level with it's own pump/timer from the same resv. That would be one awesome looking stadium grow.

Purkle - glad you stopped by and thanks for the kind words. These pots are factory designed with one fill/drain hole, I drilled another on the opposite side. Water enters the lower line fills the bucket then drains out the back side down into the white pipe that drains back to the resv. Cycle 5 times during lights on, once lights off 12/12.

Here's some better shots taken a couple days after transplant.

jj

M

Mr Green

looking good jj.. your grows are really fun to read and see pics of.. your threads are really well put together.. look forward to seeing and reading more.. keep it up

P

ProGroWannabe

Those girls are lookin like they enjoy your new setup!

JJ...yeah that would be badass bro. It'll have to wait for a harvest or two in the coco though. Gotta finance the changes somehow....lol. The 30gal. would also be light enough to keep me from having to worry about the weight up there.

Hmmmm more to think about fa sho!

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Don't try this at Home

'cause it don't work, lol. It was an experiment in build and lighting. The build taught me a great deal more than expected, the concept of syphoning has a whole new meaning to me now days.

The lighting is totally inadequate, the plants are 12 days into 12/12 and when compared to the growth on plants that are 14 days into 12/12 well there really is no comparison. These girls are not developing, basically look similar in size and leaf structure as the day they came in.

I have got to go dig in the back of the shop and see if there is some old equipment I used back last winter, might be able to save these girls from the cruel punishment they are being subjected to currently.

jj

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
They have no light of their own, just trying to see if there was enough wasted light coming off the reflectors to flower out a plant. Obvious by the growth to date there is not so down comes this system and will find a way to flower them out.

jj

P

ProGroWannabe

Ahhh now I see! I wasn't sure how close the lights were.

F

Finalopagus

Cheap DIY only way to make it in this world... good job jj now go spend the money you saved on some more lights:D

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Cheap DIY only way to make it in this world... good job jj now go spend the money you saved on some more lights:D

those girls now have their own light Fin, I'm actually in the process of getting rid of lights and extra equipment these days that I don't use. Thanks for stopping by.

jj

Top Bottom