shaking 5 gallon drums is hard on my back. Any ideas for an automatic shaker?

• Thread starter Drizzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Drizzle

Drizzle

shaking 5 gallon drums is hard on my back. Any ideas for an automatic shaker? like the paint mixers they have at home depot?

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
drill and paint paddle bit, the little metal ones should fit right through the cap. LIke the one they use for flora nova;)

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

i thought of getting one for sieving/separating chow between cycles, shaker-box with a screen/etc. might also be good for agitating hydroton during the sterilization soak.

sky high

sky high

Vibrator? Wife?

It could be a good day after all..hey .fish? :D

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly are you shaking in those 5 gallon buckets??

mchappy

mchappy

If youre talking about mixing soil try and rent a small cement mixing ..shouldnt be more than 25-30 bucks at home depot

Drizzle

Drizzle

i'm talking about 5 gallon drums of water when i mix nutrient in them...and ph

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

ha, figured it might just be tunnelvision, happens to me all the time. any old subersible will work, i have a 300gph in my 40gal res and a smaller one for 5gal bucket mixes.

either lay the pump on it's side for whirlpool, or straight up from the bottom for "flooming" effect (best for adding O2 but can make a mess if the pump is too strong ;))

Drizzle

Drizzle

ha, figured it might just be tunnelvision, happens to me all the time. any old subersible will work, i have a 300gph in my 40gal res and a smaller one for 5gal bucket mixes.

either lay the pump on it's side for whirlpool, or straight up from the bottom for "flooming" effect (best for adding O2 but can make a mess if the pump is too strong ;))

sounds good. any certain brand of pump you like? I see models for a 300gph going from $43 to $85.

you have a 40 gallon drum for mixing nutrient? If I was to fill a drum to mix nutrient in I was thinking of just going straight from my R.O. filter to that drum, letting it sit for a couple days for proper temp...then mix nutrient in it but after I mix the nutrient and empty it I would need to clean it very well every time otherwise filling it again from my R.O. system and letting it sit the 1 or 2 days until it becomes room temp the nutrient residue if not cleaned good enough would make the water bad.

So the way I see it is every time I mix nutrients in the 40-55 gallon drum wash it very well after....or (what I'm leaning towards doing)....filling my 55 gallon designated water drums from my R.O. filter like I do and letting them sit the 2 days I let them sit for right temp....and then having a designated nutrient mixing drum I let dry after every use...maybe rinse it out for a sec after every use and filling 5 gallon drums with water from my other designated water drums and dumping them into the nutrient drum to mix.

Drizzle

Drizzle

this is something I need to own to mix nutrient every other day. the cement mixer sounds a little ridiculous. This pump sounds perfect

Drizzle

Drizzle

a pump sounds easier then a drill paddle...but thanks.

a pump that I can drop into a 55 gallon drum barrel to mix the nutrient would be great. And then also a pump to pump the water out with a hose to water the plants with directly would be ideal. Anyone know of a pump I that won't break if I attach a water gun hose handle. I have a sump pump but I can attach a water gun to it because it will break if I stop the water flow. I would have to cut the power every time going from plant to plant....and the water still dribbles out a bit in between. So a water gun would be ideal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom