Share your Cap Bennie (ogbiowar.com) schedule ...

• Thread starter UC Quest
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UC Quest

UC Quest

I am running 20 of 13 gallon bucket system. I am a newbie, first run.

I got slimed in my bubble tray ( I don't like the bubble tray ) and made up a tea using Root Zone from ogbiowar.com.

Plants recovered and now the slime is back and all growth has come to a stop again :(

I drained the water and made up another tea and treated it again. The plants are looking so nice too. About two feet tall two feet wide. They seem to be recovering.

I need to keep on top of this and treat them on a schedule to keep the slime away.

My water is always at 65 degrees thanks to a chiller. I have also been using Cannazyme along with the tea. Is using cannazyme as well as the tea beneficial, needed or adding to the problem ?

For my 20 thirteen gallon buckets I used 40 cups of tea. Is this enough?

How often should I be treating the water? How long does the tea last for in the water?

Do the buckets need to be drained every time before adding the tea.

The slime takes out all of the fun growing in the Undercurrent system :(

Thanks for any and all information you share :)

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

I run UC Roots and really havent had a slime issue in the UC...1ml/gal.

With that said, I've run EWC Heisenbergs Tea in RDWC and in the cloners, and it works. I like the OG Bio War packs but I haven't found the right sugar to use - I didn't like how molasses was in RDWC or in the UC...however, BG or A4FD might have a good answer for you, they both CRUSH the UC. I think if I ran caps packs again using his ratio I would run about 100ml of tea per 10 gals in the UC.

And as for zymes, I don't use them, and I don't put them in the UC.

UC Quest

UC Quest

RedWhiteblue thanks for your reply. I am so on the fence about changing my nutes over to CC along with their UC Roots.

Are you using the full line of CC nutes?

How any runs with UC Roots with no slime Issues?

Would you suggest to someone running House & Gardens with slime issues to change over to CC's line along with their UC Roots?

I am really desirous of having nice smooth clean. Runs without any headaches and hiccups that I Have been having as the slime takes out all of the fun in growing RDWC.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Never ran the UC without UC roots.

Ran the UC with GH 3 part and with CC...I've run RDWC with GH 3 part and tea, worked great but was very hands on. Prefer not to deal with tea cause it's another job and I'm too busy, its dirty, etc.

I don't know anything about H&G...

Honestly, just call Q9 and pay for an hour of consulting on the UC, it will be the best thing you ever do.

Capfan

Capfan

<-- EWC Heisenbergs Tea , if i keep up on my EWC doses, i seem to be golden.

Capfan

Capfan

I am really desirous of having nice smooth clean. Runs without any headaches and hiccups that I Have been having as the slime takes out all of the fun in growing RDWC.

Good luck on that one man, its ALWAYS somthing ;) Just roll with the punches and keep on movin!

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

FYI - I did the whole bennies thing first, then once it got to be too big of a nightmare, I called Q9. That's why I advise you do it the other way around.

Don't get me wrong, bennies are great. UC Roots is EASIER, CHEAPER, LESS TIME CONSUMING.

N

NWElite89

Ive been using H&G for about two years and have not encountered any slime. I think H&G is a rather clean nutrient product line. The Roots Excel is awesome but very pricey. I just keep it simple with Part A+B, Drip Clean and Roots Excel and have good results now that I have had a couple runs with the UC. Its important with the UC to have a clean system all times and especially between grow cycles. If slime did occur, I would drain everything and clean the modules by hand if at all possible. Check your filter to see if any contaminates have accumulated/remove debris. Also important not have any light leaks in the UC and that includes the piping between modules.

redwhiteblue

redwhiteblue

Definitely agree - prevent light leaks, and if UC Roots is too expensive, remember it's just Hypochlorus Acid...

Top Bottom