Shelf life of buds?

• Thread starter kd0afk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kd0afk

I am getting a lot of information on this so I thought I would try my luck here. I grow and on my best days around a 1/4 per week is about what will keep me happy, so about an ounce will last a month. If I double that to two ounces, multiply that times 12 you get 24 ounces per month for a worry free supply. Multiply that times 50 (the number of years till I am 100 (I doubt if I will ever make it that far)) then you get 1200 ounces or 75 lbs.
If I can find a way to do it, my plan would be to grow 75 lbs of fine bud, dry and cure it and store it and then not grow another plant for the rest of my life.
I really like the benefits of growing my own meds but I hate the waiting and stress.
So, is there any way to cure and store 75 lbs of pot so that it will last for 75 years?:banana1sv6:

Blaze

Blaze

No, Cannabis is a perishable product. Anything, no matter how good you cure and store it, and no matter how good the genetics are, is going to turn to crap after a year. You might be able to pull it off w/ hash though. I've stored hash in the freezer for as long as 2 years and there was no detectable decline in quality.

O

oglovinlife18

i think if u had it vaccuume seal it and mayb just change the seals every year or so you will be good

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
You would need one of those nitrogen enriched vacuum sealer and big question, What if they come out with a new variety that you love more than your 75lbs of stash???
LOL
Stuff is super perishable and wouldn't b a good idea, I look forward to every growing year myself and can't imagine not partaking in the natural cycle myself.
I got an answer for you, just buy it instead of grow it? Good things are worth the wait...

baba G

M

maestro

No, Cannabis is a perishable product. Anything, no matter how good you cure and store it, and no matter how good the genetics are, is going to turn to crap after a year. You might be able to pull it off w/ hash though. I've stored hash in the freezer for as long as 2 years and there was no detectable decline in quality.

If its good smoke n stored in a freezer airtight it keeps for years n years. Maybe not forever but I just got bombed as hell off some 5 year old "vintage" stash in my freezer few days ago. Just as good as the day I froze the shit... I throw my stash in three freezer bags in a deep freeze n its to go.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
@ maestro: That's wild, how was the 2006 pinot noir? I love it, Vintage and weed in same sentance, guess there is a first for everything. Would be kinda cool if you could go to a club and try the best from certain years...lol but I don't see that happening soon, but you never know!
I'll take the 96' Dom Perignon OG please, how much for an 1/8th???

baba G

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
a little ways back i got a few lbs of soem sweet skunk that was stored in them nitrogen sealer bags. stuff was about 2 years old it got brown/goldish kinda like outdoor does. the smoke was decent had really no smell to it maybe a bit mildewy kinda smell but no mildew. so you could tore it for a few years sure maybe 5 or so.

on a side note i think you would get in way more trouble if they found your 75 lbs stash then if you got caught growing 1 lights worth of plants

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I like the freezer for long term storage as well. Thaw it out, and it is pretty much as good as when you put it in. Stinky and all.

-TF

M

maestro

I'm kinda ashamed to admit how old some nugs I got stashed in my freezer are. lol
I'm certain the oldest is at least 10 years old... broke some out for New Year's last year and it was still fine smoke! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom