shelf life of nutes

• Thread starter wyattthewiteboi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wyattthewiteboi

i was wounder how long nutes are good for can they go bad i got some bio biz and ive had it for a lil while should i get new stuff or would it be ok :character0111:

R

Ruin

dear wyattthewiteboi, Its a matter of if the fertilizers are synthetic or organic. synthetics dont usually go bad, but organic fertilizers do. you will want to smell the product when it is fresh and new so that way after you have had it a while you can tell if it is starting to get a funk to it if its getting funky you probably want to get something new. check out BOTANICARE PURE BLEND PRO for some solid organic fertilizers

sky high

sky high

"Organic" liquid ferts will start to eat the oxygen from within....causing the bottle to collapse in on itself.

Chemmmie ferts will see the heavy minerals precipitate out in granular form over time...and you can hear them rattling around in the bottle if you shake it.

I always look at it this way..."What are you growing?" Is it worth more than the $15 it will cost to get a new bottle?

good luck

s h

K

Kennie_B

Skyhigh is right man, a new bottle is only like $15 & then you dont have to worry about anything!

O

organic4life

I wouldn't risk it bio bizz is some of the thickest organic fert I used and smells pretty funky.plus you don't know how long it was sitting on the shelf at the store.

H

headband707

Always try and keep your stuff in a cool dry place or it will go bad faster.. Do you not have dates on the bottle? if not you should date it when you get it as it's not as effective the longer you keep this stuff ei. 1 year. Peace out Headband707

W

wyattthewiteboi

thank my boi said that sam thing cool dark place im gonna check the bottle

L

LionVibez

yea and next time try and find out from the shop how long they have been sittin on the shelves....might be weeks or months!

H

headband707

Yeah if you can get the truth out of the store lol that would be a first lol lol Then there is the factory that made the shit lol.. Always check your dates smell your bottles when possible they do stink but not as much lol.. See if the store goes through a lot of product and it's usually not going to kill your plants to use old product but not going to help too much either lol peace out Headband707

W

wyattthewiteboi

i smelled them they do smell less potent smell the same but not as strong guy at the store said they dont really go bad they just lose potency

X

xxYIKESxx

Chemical nutes last indefinitely if they're stored properly in a dry, cool, dark place. There's no expiration date.

H

headband707

Chemical nutes last indefinitely if they're stored properly in a dry, cool, dark place. There's no expiration date.

Thats why I don't use Chem nutes anything that says forever has got to be strange lol peace out Headband707

T

ThcBuz

always,always,always keep your nutes(esspecially organic)in an airconditioned dark spot for longevity.keep your cloning gels in the fridge and they will last indefinately.without refrigerating your cloning gels(which are biological)they'll lose their effectiveness fast

W

wizard420

u must keep in in a cool area and out of alot of direct light and they don't last forever just my experience

Latest posts

Top Bottom