sheriffs on my property ?s

• Thread starter JAHGYDI
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JAHGYDI

what are the laws on sheriffs walking on my property surrounding my house. are they just to come to the front door? i live on 3 acres in san diego with no surrounding fence. are they aloud on my property without warrants? also are my dogs aloud to be loose? cuz they rome where ever they want and my surrounding neighbors have never hasseled me about it. i dont think he liked my dogs barking at him from the bottom of my driveway. been outside all morning waiting for them to come back.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
maybe they were looking for somebody who ran from them - not shit you can do about that unfortunately

as far as dogs running loose Im sure there is an ordinance for that if you live in SD county

A

AHIAN

There are also some law imploy on sherrifs and they have no allowance to come tom your house or palce without warrants, I think as they are moving sorround your house there could be some kind of problem or anything, moreover why the sheriff will come to your place.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My husband would have told them to get the fuck off our property. Your dogs are fine as long as they're on your property. If not, then you might want to correct that situation lest they pay the price. My dog can't be easily contained in a fence, so we use a radio fence with a shock collar.

Our local sheriff's deputies have done the same thing with some neighbors of mine, scared the hell out of them because they were wearing black with black beanies, didn't look like police. They claimed to be looking for a fugitive who's known to NOT be in the area (small county, word gets around).

C

c4NN4daze

If they are dwelling on your property with no warrant or reason. There IS a problem. Like Seamaiden said. Grow a pair and tell them to make like a fucking tree if they are there without reason.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Shoot to kill!!!

If they are dwelling on your property with no warrant or reason. There IS a problem. Like Seamaiden said. Grow a pair and tell them to make like a fucking tree if they are there without reason.

everybody is a tough guy on the internet

or just put the crack pipe down.

that was pretty much uncalled for

Papa

Papa

Supporter
it depends on what they are there for. if, for instance, they are delivering a summons, fence or no fence they are coming to your front door. they are exempt from trespass law in CA when delivering a summons.

if they are responding to a neighbor's complaint, and your property is not fenced, they will come to your front door, and if you don't answer you can expect them to walk around your house.

but never assume that they will follow the law. years ago i had em walk right into the house at night (through an open door) without even announcing themselves . . . just to tell me to turn down the music. fortunately for me they didn't swing their flashlights onto the dining room table as they walked past it. you can bet i kept that door locked after that!

it's not cheap fencing 3 acres, but the peace of mind is priceless.

Blaze

Blaze

Law enforcement in Ca is exempt for trespassing laws, period. They need a warrant to go into your house but not to walk about your property. I was told this little known fact by the head of CAMP himself.

J

JAHGYDI

i was in the shower that morning. my kids were the ones telling me there was a cop at the bottom of my driveway. if i was out i would have went down to see whats the deal. i live on a rural road so its rare to see a sherriff on my street. was really just worried some trigger happy pig would shot my dogs cuz they dont like strangers or guns and bark alot. i do have plants in a secluded spot outside enjoying that ocean breeze. im 215 compliant but some of these cops in san diego just dont care. thanx alot guys and jah bless.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

First of all you REALLY need to put up a fence or anyone can walk on your property legally,a few NO TRESPASSING signs will help on the fence as well in rural areas.If you have a fence i dont beleive a cop can just jump it and start looking around your property without your consent(Legally anyways-lol),he must have a warrant or the safety of someone must be at risk to do that.Your dogs must be fenced in or on some kind of restraint which sucks as your in a rural area but its the law.
Blaze,did the head of camp also tell you that anything he found walking around on your fenced/posted private property without consent or a warrant was inadmissable in court?
Dont ever beleive a damn word law enforcement tells you,99% of them dont know shit about the law(only what they were taught in their 90 day police academy which aint much),instead educate yourself and have a great attorney on retainer that you can bounce questions off.A well spoken,calm,educated person that knows their rights will make most LE leave quickly to go find an easier mark.
PS-dont take advice off the interweb,telling cops to GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY,that will get you face down in the dirt real fast,better to be polite,inquire about their intentions and if they have no warrant hand them your attorneys card and instruct them all questions should go through him wishing them a good day as you turn and walk away.

J

JAHGYDI

a fence around prop is not in the funds any time soon. i may just fence of a certain part of prop before next summer. no tresspassing, private property and beware of dogs signs all over bottom of property. thanx

j wizzle

j wizzle

First of all you REALLY need to put up a fence or anyone can walk on your property legally,a few NO TRESPASSING signs will help on the fence as well in rural areas.If you have a fence i dont beleive a cop can just jump it and start looking around your property without your consent(Legally anyways-lol),he must have a warrant or the safety of someone must be at risk to do that.Your dogs must be fenced in or on some kind of restraint which sucks as your in a rural area but its the law.
Blaze,did the head of camp also tell you that anything he found walking around on your fenced/posted private property without consent or a warrant was inadmissable in court?
Dont ever beleive a damn word law enforcement tells you,99% of them dont know shit about the law(only what they were taught in their 90 day police academy which aint much),instead educate yourself and have a great attorney on retainer that you can bounce questions off.A well spoken,calm,educated person that knows their rights will make most LE leave quickly to go find an easier mark.
PS-dont take advice off the interweb,telling cops to GET THE FUCK OFF MY PROPERTY,that will get you face down in the dirt real fast,better to be polite,inquire about their intentions and if they have no warrant hand them your attorneys card and instruct them all questions should go through him wishing them a good day as you turn and walk away.

great post... just because a CAMP officer told you FALSE info doesnt mean anything. they have laws to follow too, how do you think all these people get off all the time? cuz cops gather evidence ILLEGALLY, then arrest a person ILLEGALLY...they do it all the time

NEVER yell at a cop. talk about putting yourself on the shit list.

try being polite and treating them like a human with some respect and you MIGHT get some in return. not always, but yelling will get you in trouble every time.

they can go into your property if there is a person in danger, if there is a fire, etc. they will ILLEGALLY hop your fence, cut you plants and then deal with the consequences later. but you can get the charges dropped fairly easily.

a fence around prop is not in the funds any time soon. i may just fence of a certain part of prop before next summer. no tresspassing, private property and beware of dogs signs all over bottom of property. thanx

why dont you just fence up your garden area? would solve some problems. if its not visual, they cant get you for it. could build a fence for like $100-$200 easy for a 10x10, maybe even a 20x20

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
dont make me bust out the .50 cal

you can be my enemy or be my pal

dont make me bust out the .50 cal

Blaze

Blaze

If a law enforcement officer thinks that there might possibly be something illegal going on they can conduct a walk around of the property. This is 100% legal and it has held up in court many many times. Several growers in Southern Humboldt have been busted and prosecuted in this manner with great success.

Look, if the local Sheriff walks into your back yard and you have 300 plants growing, it won't matter. All they have to do is they had reason to suspect illegal activity such as smelling growing cannabis, to justify checking the property.

Of course our legal system is so corrupt if you have a good lawyer you can get away with murder so it may be a moot point depending on your financial situation.

Also if you think CAMP follows the law, or gives a shit about your civil rights... Well that just makes me laugh...

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Heh, I thought precisely the same thing as I watched my husband do exactly that. He got all up in their shit because he was pissed. He had good reason to be, they'd scared the hell out of his wife threatening to put her son in jail because of a runaway teen.

They complied. They got off the property and spoke to us in more real terms and stopped threatening me with jail for my kid.

For what it's worth, I'm not suggesting that people do exactly that to police. I still think they're just as likely to taze someone as comply, maybe more so. I'm just saying that's what my husband would, and did, do. Police piss him off something fierce, make him mad as hell and he's not going to bite his tongue.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
He shouldn`t have to bite his tongue. There is a reason personal property is consedered private,you have an expectation of privacy on your land that you do not have on public lands. Leo should not be wandering around on personal property without due cause! You should post your property every 10 feet around the boarder but a fience is optional. Then if they wander ask them why they are invading your property to determin if they have just cause,like a felon running/hiding, Child in danger,complaint of domestic violence,ect. If they have no legal right to be on your property you are well within your right to ask them to leave and even make a citizen`s arrest if they don`t comply. And yes a citizen can arrest a police officer on duty! But beware you can also be involved in a law suit if it doesn`t stick. Be reasonable, but inforce your rights!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Opps ,Note; Right of citizens to make an arrest is under California law.Not all states have this law.Any persons who evade or resist can have additional charges applyed. You MUST be a citizen of California in good standing,(No feloney record in any State or Country on you record).Police are required to assist you so you should inform the person( or officer) you have placed him/her under arrest,then call an other police officer.You can make an arrest of an officer who has placed you under arrest.Again you, not an assisting officer, are on the line for a law suit so make sure you have witnesses and evidence! Don`t expect your District Attorney to cooperate, police like to keep problems in house and will try to talk you out of the action,they may even offer to do some kind of in house disaplanary action instead if you will drop the action.That way it will not be public for the officer or department.

I once made an arrest of a police officer. He came into my establishment and thought he shouldn`t have to pay for a meal.He tore up his bill and yelled at my waitress. I called his department and they put him on unpaid leave for two weeks,jail duty for one month and put it on his employee record so I dropped the charge of thieft. Sometimes you have to give in a little, but I insisted he come back and tell my waitress he was sorry. He did so and left her a large tip as well as paying for his bill. After that it seemed all the employees were exemp form getting speeding tickets to and from work for some time,LOL!

Top Bottom