Shes limp!

• Thread starter Tylerjones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tylerjones

Tylerjones

Hello friends, I am growing an autoflower stran (cheese) she sprouted sunday so I put her in the tent under the 1100w light. She was doing great until an hour ago she fell over, the plant is about an inch and a half tall. I've read some threads say it's a disease that is common for young plants, and others say different. I'm scared shes gonna die. What should I do? It's in fox farm ocean soil, the last watering was last night.
I moved it closer to the light thinking
Shes limp 2
maybe it's to stretchy?
Shes limp

Last edited:
mancorn

mancorn

She looks OK, the leaves are sticking out and looking strong. As long as the stem isn't shriveling at the dirt line, it's probably just too long of a stem. You can prop her up with a paper clip, but me super careful. She should be in moist soil. The root is super small, just a single root 2-3” so you only need to water right around the stem. Don’t water at the stem, but very close, and only wet the soil out about the size of a half dollar. Don't water the entire pot. But the root zone needs to stay moist for the next few days.

m8ty

m8ty

Why is that light so close, have you noticed how the plants look miniaturized? That poor seedling is trying to hide from all that light.

Tylerjones

Tylerjones

M8ty, I dont know better that's why, I'm new to the growing environment. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can with a bunch of mistakes made. How far do you recommend the light being?

Mancorn, I checked on the plant this morning and the leaves was completely wilted. I guess shes a goner 😪 maybe I'll have luck with the other girl.

mancorn

mancorn

M8ty, I dont know better that's why, I'm new to the growing environment. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can with a bunch of mistakes made. How far do you recommend the light being?

Mancorn, I checked on the plant this morning and the leaves was completely wilted. I guess shes a goner 😪 maybe I'll have luck with the other girl.
Bummer. The stem looked a little ragged in you last photo. Agree with m8ty on your light. What are the manufactures suggestions on light distance? I've got a cheap blurple LED light and it suggest 48”-56” for seedlings and 40”-48” in veg.

Top Bottom