Shipping Container Grow

• Thread starter Gen3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Could you please explain what you mean by fans moving static load but still needing to introduce cooling load to maintain flow and laminar air flow. I'm just trying to understand so I can make sure its setup properly. Thank you.
Basically means that you have adequate cooling capacity . Laminar flow is air moving from top to bottom, achieved via ducting, and promotes exchange of heat and brings in co2 that plants need.
Static load means stagnation of air inside the room, so you have to bring in fresh air that is then cooled and moved around.
Usually an air handler “makes up” 25% of volume from outside the source, meaning from the outside, which passes through the coils, exchanging heat and fills an enclosed space.
Being a sealed grow room with chiller , the movement of air across the pipes that will have potential load is near impossible. . Unless the chilled solution goes through a coil of sorts. First company makes a decent air handler that you can run chilled water/ ethanol solution through like an ac coil, just pick up some fresh air from Outside and direct said air from the top through troufer registers , add inline fans to increase the flow and you would be set.

Gen3

Gen3

Basically means that you have adequate cooling capacity . Laminar flow is air moving from top to bottom, achieved via ducting, and promotes exchange of heat and brings in co2 that plants need.
Static load means stagnation of air inside the room, so you have to bring in fresh air that is then cooled and moved around.
Usually an air handler “makes up” 25% of volume from outside the source, meaning from the outside, which passes through the coils, exchanging heat and fills an enclosed space.
Being a sealed grow room with chiller , the movement of air across the pipes that will have potential load is near impossible. . Unless the chilled solution goes through a coil of sorts. First company makes a decent air handler that you can run chilled water/ ethanol solution through like an ac coil, just pick up some fresh air from Outside and direct said air from the top through troufer registers , add inline fans to increase the flow and you would be set.

as I do more research i'm seeing that some water cooled air handlers that I have been looking at like this one:
https://hydrobuilder.com/surna-isostream-ceiling-mounted-5-ton-air-handler.html
say they dehumidify while cooling but don't specify any further information.
then others likes this one:
https://chillxchillers.com/chillx-2-5-ton-residential-water-cooled-air-handlers?sku=CXAH024REHD
have heat and dehumidifier add on options.
I do not fully understand how this all works. i assume the first one is just a water cooled air handler that dehumidifies as a by product. the second one I don't understand if it can cool and dehumidify at the same time, if so I don't understand why the heater and dehumidifier options are only available together.

do you have any insight on this, maybe help me understand how this all works? my hope is that the second one with the heat and dehumidifier option can cool when I need it to cool and dehumidify when I need it to dehumidify, but the information on the website isn't very in depth, ill probably have to call them to get a full understanding of the product, unless you know how this works?

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
From what I can read on the chillex unit. It has a coil similar to that in a standard ac system, with added electric heating element for heat.
The dehumidification is via condensate, the chiller cools the fins allowing air as it passes over it to condense the humidity in the air. Control of said humidity would be via firing up the element to “evaporate “ moister back into the air stream. Quite a well built system with that option. Pricing isn’t bad either.

Gen3

Gen3

From what I can read on the chillex unit. It has a coil similar to that in a standard ac system, with added electric heating element for heat.
The dehumidification is via condensate, the chiller cools the fins allowing air as it passes over it to condense the humidity in the air. Control of said humidity would be via firing up the element to “evaporate “ moister back into the air stream. Quite a well built system with that option. Pricing isn’t bad either.

Thanks for the info, I'm starting to rethink my setup and use that unit, it seems impressive at first glance and I just emailed them hoping to get more info on it, I wish they had a product video but I cant find anything. I really need a view inside the enclosure and a detailed description of its operation from the manufacturer before I truly consider it. Hopefully they can make that happen, I cant bring myself to purchase anything without a full understanding and visual of the components and how it operates.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
The hydro builders unit is also like the first company units I use for a fraction of the cost. They usually run about $5900. Drawback , hard water may shorten life. Especially if recirculating water that is Hard , water softer incoming with a citrus based filter will keep that maintained. Provided the chiller water has a heat exchanger for your dwc tank and you are not directly circulating nute laden water through the unit. So few options to choose from but the chillz system is offline and better

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Thanks for the info, I'm starting to rethink my setup and use that unit, it seems impressive at first glance and I just emailed them hoping to get more info on it, I wish they had a product video but I cant find anything. I really need a view inside the enclosure and a detailed description of its operation from the manufacturer before I truly consider it. Hopefully they can make that happen, I cant bring myself to purchase anything without a full understanding and visual of the components and how it operates.
Or, use a standard ac system for air, and use a small recirculated chiller for the dwc. Makes life easy and simple

Gen3

Gen3

The hydro builders unit is also like the first company units I use for a fraction of the cost. They usually run about $5900. Drawback , hard water may shorten life. Especially if recirculating water that is Hard , water softer incoming with a citrus based filter will keep that maintained. Provided the chiller water has a heat exchanger for your dwc tank and you are not directly circulating nute laden water through the unit. So few options to choose from but the chillz system is offline and better

from reading this I think maybe you think I'm chilling rez water for a hydro setup? the chiller is dedicated to cooling the air, so it only pumps cooling liquid through whichever air handlers I end up going with. I am basically choosing chiller over a traditional ac to eliminate ducts and it may or may not be more efficient (haven't found any concrete information on whether or not it is more efficient but I have been told it is)

Gen3

Gen3

plus another reason I like the chiller setup for cooling is as I add more "grow rooms" I can just add chillers to my bank of chillers and add handlers to the manifold, so I keep it all as one system and it can grow indefinitely

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
plus another reason I like the chiller setup for cooling is as I add more "grow rooms" I can just add chillers to my bank of chillers and add handlers to the manifold, so I keep it all as one system and it can grow indefinitely
Then the chillex unit is probably not where u want to be but bro the hydro builder unit is expendable and ideal for the setup you are designing.
Cost wise. Traditional vs chiller, chillers are cheaper to run. It’s why all major buildings and or hospitals use chillers. More reliable and as you said expendable.

Gen3

Gen3

Then the chillex unit is probably not where u want to be but bro the hydro builder unit is expendable and ideal for the setup you are designing.
Cost wise. Traditional vs chiller, chillers are cheaper to run. It’s why all major buildings and or hospitals use chillers. More reliable and as you said expendable.

ok thank you I appreciate it

Top Bottom