Shiskaberry photoperiod strain top cut help.

• Thread starter Dimi87
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dimi87

Dimi87

Greetings! I'm thinking to topping this plant. I have read that usually this happens on 4th or 5th node but I'm at 9th now. Can I cut just the new growth(9th node) without sacrifice more foliage?In one photo my finger showing the spot I'm thinking to cut. Is it OK? I thought to do lst instead of topping but it seems too confusing to me. The plant is tall already(53 cm) so I don't know how to give this nice, bushy shape.The plant germinated at 29 of April, it's photoperiod strain so it will have time to recover(at least I hope, cause I am very nervous if this will make the plant die) Thanks in advance!

Shiskaberry photoperiod strain top cut help
Shiskaberry photoperiod strain top cut help 2
Shiskaberry photoperiod strain top cut help 3
Dimi87

Dimi87

there are few hard rules when it comes to topping or training your plant .. you could top lower or higher -

is this for outdoor?

In your position I would top the plant where you mentioned and also tie it down like in the 2-6 image below (not mine - credit: (https://www.zambeza.de/blog-low-stress-training-steigere-den-ertrag-deiner-cannabispflanze-n183)

View attachment 1135296

either that - or I would top it just below the red tie in your image... .
Yes, this plant growing outdoors So I will not face any problem if I cut just the very new growth, right? .I'm afraid to do lst at the same time because this will stress even more the plant

Dimi87

Dimi87

there are few hard rules when it comes to topping or training your plant .. you could top lower or higher -

is this for outdoor?

In your position I would top the plant where you mentioned and also tie it down like in the 2-6 image below (not mine - credit: (https://www.zambeza.de/blog-low-stress-training-steigere-den-ertrag-deiner-cannabispflanze-n183)

View attachment 1135296

either that - or I would top it just below the red tie in your image... .
Oh I forgot to mention that I don't have a problem with the size of the plant. I mean it can reach even 1.60 meters(no need for high stealth). I ask for toping because I want more yield-which can be achieved with 2 or more tips.

Dimi87

Dimi87

And something last. Can I cut problematic leaves? They are old, bottom leaves which had some issue(heat stress perhaps). Some people say that you have to cut leaves like these because the plant wastes energy to keep them alive. Other people saying that you must keep them until they are completely dead because even if they are not healthy, they help on photosynthesis.

IMG 20210614 115744
IMG 20210614 115737
IMG 20210614 115730
IMG 20210614 115725
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Since you don't have to keep the plant small, I would just pinch off the "very new growth."

Yes, you can cut off those bottom leaves.

That plant wants more light. It is unlikely to get bushy until it goes outside and gets it. When lots of light hits a growing point, it will react with growth.

Dimi87

Dimi87

Since you don't have to keep the plant small, I would just pinch off the "very new growth."

Yes, you can cut off those bottom leaves.

That plant wants more light. It is unlikely to get bushy until it goes outside and gets it. When lots of light hits a growing point, it will react with growth.
Yeah I know it needs more sun. The last days raining all the time😢. I will follow your advice and cut those leaves and the top. Thanks again friend!

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Do this. Your plant has a good root base, See red marks, cut it here. Those little leaves will turn into new branches, Let them grow long and tie them down to the pot . Then do it again.

Top Bottom