Shitty Situation, Could Be Worse, I Geuss

• Thread starter Calixylon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Calixylon

Calixylon

So last week unfortunately I was forced to destroy my whole growing setup. My landlady took it upon herself to take a tour of my home when she was supposed to let a repair man In to service sump pump. Apparently I am running a massive "grow op" and my whole house reeked of cannabis. All bullshit because at the time I had 10 vegging plants and a tray of clones only, I had harvested 3 weeks prior and had finished jarring and drying all product.

I don't know why she decided to be a nosy bitch but she did, so last Friday I get a text. " we have a problem your house stinks like a grow op" Fuckk, I love this plant I'm willing to go to prison for growing it, do I think times are changing and peoples attitudes are shifting, yes but it's still federally illegal, that being said I can handle consequences, though I live in Maine and cultivation of 5-99 plants is a misdemenor with a maximum of 5 years. Which you'd have to be a hardened felon with a shitty attitude, who decided to represent himself in court to receive 5 years for growing. But also with that said I don't have my medical card, I know stupid, but it's an issue with getting maine residency, should be taken care of this week. And then I will get my card so I cann grow for personal.

That being said my bitchy landlady is doing an inspection today. I was up till 3 last night breaking everything down. Killed 15 great clones, and 12 big ole bushes of sour master and solos stash. I kept a mother of Purple Frostbyte which I believe is my Querkle leaner , and also took cuts of two phenos of the Solos Stash, and one Sour Master. Only three out of the twelve were females, the other plants were either unsexed or males. They all smelt like some kind of industrial rubber, plasticky tennis balls, with a subtle road kill skunk smell, not sweet skunk like death dead nasty skunk ass. So hopefully those cuts will take and I will have saved some genetics.

This whole situation sucks because I know so many people that don't have to deal wth their landlords ever, unless they need them to fix something serious. And even then a lot of times the landlord dosent even show up. Should have known having a landlady as neighbor was gonna be a fucking bad idea. Why can't people just fucking mind their buisness, if I'm willing to take the risk of going to jail for this then that should be it. And now once I do get my card I do t wanna Inform her that I'm gonna start growing my medicine.

It makes me wanna cry, finally I'm able to start growing myself and this shit happens. All I wanna do is grow my own and be able to pheno hunt and grow the best for myself. And because this bitch probly thinks I'm selling and shit, the one hobby that I was involved with at the moment has been taken away, I don't have much that I enjoy doing after work, but tending my plants was it.

What relly pissed me off is that I made edible for 4/20 and cooking a bunch of oil made my house stink, not the vetting plants. And on top of all of that the night before she snooped Into my house my dog was sprayed by a skunk, not sure if thT made it worse but it couldn't have helped, what would you do. ?

alaskind

alaskind

brutal shit. I have gone to prison for herb. avoid that. U will get it together, but don't be to impatient.

soserthc1

soserthc1

I think such is life and it all sucks at 1 point you could of been in my state and she could of called the cops and had your life turned upside down .

Only rented once in my life and upon leaving that home and waiting for my security deposit. I get a letter stating I was growing mj and the cops were there and I won't be getting my deposit . Which in turn forced me to destroy my new set up as I moved a few miles away in my own crib .

Do I fear jail for growing a plant .......? No .....do I fear what becomes of my family when I'm in jail for a few years ( possible) yes and that shit keeps me awake at night .

Fucking world just seems ass backwards to me when one can make a living at growing cannabis in a different state. Thou I can go to jail in another

One nation under .....ya da ya da ....
Ps I don't make edibles anymore because of that stink ....

Rant over carry on

PLOOKERKING

PLOOKERKING

So last week unfortunately I was forced to destroy my whole growing setup. My landlady took it upon herself to take a tour of my home when she was supposed to let a repair man In to service sump pump. Apparently I am running a massive "grow op" and my whole house reeked of cannabis. All bullshit because at the time I had 10 vegging plants and a tray of clones only, I had harvested 3 weeks prior and had finished jarring and drying all product.

I don't know why she decided to be a nosy bitch but she did, so last Friday I get a text. " we have a problem your house stinks like a grow op" Fuckk, I love this plant I'm willing to go to prison for growing it, do I think times are changing and peoples attitudes are shifting, yes but it's still federally illegal, that being said I can handle consequences, though I live in Maine and cultivation of 5-99 plants is a misdemenor with a maximum of 5 years. Which you'd have to be a hardened felon with a shitty attitude, who decided to represent himself in court to receive 5 years for growing. But also with that said I don't have my medical card, I know stupid, but it's an issue with getting maine residency, should be taken care of this week. And then I will get my card so I cann grow for personal.

That being said my bitchy landlady is doing an inspection today. I was up till 3 last night breaking everything down. Killed 15 great clones, and 12 big ole bushes of sour master and solos stash. I kept a mother of Purple Frostbyte which I believe is my Querkle leaner , and also took cuts of two phenos of the Solos Stash, and one Sour Master. Only three out of the twelve were females, the other plants were either unsexed or males. They all smelt like some kind of industrial rubber, plasticky tennis balls, with a subtle road kill skunk smell, not sweet skunk like death dead nasty skunk ass. So hopefully those cuts will take and I will have saved some genetics.

This whole situation sucks because I know so many people that don't have to deal wth their landlords ever, unless they need them to fix something serious. And even then a lot of times the landlord dosent even show up. Should have known having a landlady as neighbor was gonna be a fucking bad idea. Why can't people just fucking mind their buisness, if I'm willing to take the risk of going to jail for this then that should be it. And now once I do get my card I do t wanna Inform her that I'm gonna start growing my medicine.

It makes me wanna cry, finally I'm able to start growing myself and this shit happens. All I wanna do is grow my own and be able to pheno hunt and grow the best for myself. And because this bitch probly thinks I'm selling and shit, the one hobby that I was involved with at the moment has been taken away, I don't have much that I enjoy doing after work, but tending my plants was it.

What relly pissed me off is that I made edible for 4/20 and cooking a bunch of oil made my house stink, not the vetting plants. And on top of all of that the night before she snooped Into my house my dog was sprayed by a skunk, not sure if thT made it worse but it couldn't have helped, what would you do. ?
KARMA IS A BITCH!!!

Growin Grass

Growin Grass

Get your medical card and start it up again, fuck that bitch.
If she want's to give you shit for that MOVE
I know it's not simple but I can tell this is causing you a lot of stress, not worth it.
If she doesn't want whom sounds like a responsible tenant that also grows medicine then she can rent out to some drunk that will trash the place and not pay her any rent...

Calixylon

Calixylon

So this afternoon was rent and her "inspection" stupid bitch is just so backwards. Anyway pretty much just on to the next one, I've moved so many times it's getting to be a pain In my ass especially now I have a house worth of things.

Buying a house is a dream of mine unfortunately I was an idiot with money up until recently and the fact that getting a loan for a decent home is near impossible with someone of my standings. Single, young white male, slight records some misdemeanor stuff, shitty credit, if I could have gotten a loan for a home I would most definetly have.

What bugs me the most is I ,run a small personal grow, I like to pop seeds and do some pheno hunting, I don't sell cannabis, I only medicate for myself. So I my "grow op" breaksall down in a few hours it's just that fucking annoying divide of dealing with people who seriously catagorize this with heroin. That's direct from her mouth, drugs are drugs. That was when I asked her to leave, gave her my rent check, and let her know I'd be out in the 60 days. Like I said it could be worse, but living in a state like maine this woman needs to realize I. The next 10 years she won't have a choice whether she can allow cannabis, it will be legalized or completly decrim and highly regulated recreational use. I just wanted to say have fun with you little preteen sons growing up In maine, I'll give you a hundo when you catch him smoking pot in a couple years. I was considering staying a few more months for the summer and tryig to work an outdoor plot out, but when she said to me that she's been to 2 heroin overdose deaths and blah blah, I just zoned out for her rant and had to say that we are just on two diff planets.

As for karma yes it is a bitch for sure

str8smokn

str8smokn

I'm sorry to hear it my friend,moving is the best thing to do when your dealing with a dumbass like her.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Buying a house is a dream of mine unfortunately I was an idiot with money up until recently and the fact that getting a loan for a decent home is near impossible with someone of my standings. Single, young white male, slight records some misdemeanor stuff, shitty credit, if I could have gotten a loan for a home I would most definetly have.
Don't give up on that dream. No lender looks at your criminal record, ever. And men have a far easier time of rebuilding credit than women. It took me over 8yrs to rebuild mine after my second divorce and I've watched all three of our boys receive more and better credit offers than I do. There are many options as well, especially if you can show you've never been evicted and pay your rent on time--lease to own, buy direct from owner and so on. We have a vast aging population and the more young people make things like caring for properties easier, we'll be able to help each other more and better. Mo' bettah!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if you can round up 20% for a down payment on whatever you are buying and have a credit score of 700+ most of the time you will get the loan. building credit is not that hard most people can get to where they need to be in under a year as long as they have some credit history.

420circuit

420circuit

The number of out of state cars in Colorado is growing and I know why. Move somewhere you can relax about your garden. There are problems after legalization too, just heard another argument between neighbors because of cannabis aroma. Funny they don't fight about the toxic clouds of poison used on lawns or the awful perfumes that some people wear or the diesel soot that bellows from their trucks. The damage done to society by the stupid war on cannabis will take years to heal. I have 2 charcoal filters to ensure that my neighbors do not find out about my hobby. Good luck, be careful choosing your next place, around here the rental agreements are including language about not allowing an indoor garden, not everywhere, but hey, prices are so high now and the demand so great that people are lucky to find a place at all. A tent with a good filter doesn't stink much if you replace the carbon every year. Maybe grow less pungent strains...

MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Keep your head up, bro. We have all gone thru some shit like this one way or another, look at it as a badge of honor once you get your new spot setup. I'm sure almost all the OGs have had to overcome some shit like this and you will too. I would even go as far as to say you can't become an OG without going thru some shit like this and adapting/learning to anticipate. It's not ALL about horticulture.

I've seen you around and you seem like a cool cat, give me a shout when you get your new place up and I'll help how I can. And the great thing about the Farm and the community in general is that there are other cats who will help a fellow grower out, if they're real.

Last edited:
MushinNoShin

MushinNoShin

Not claiming to be an OG or anything (got a ways to go), but have been thru my fair share.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea, all great advice, thanks. Like i said it could be alot worse. Ive got little to no credit, but i havent screwed it up, and have alwasy payed my rent and bills on time, so its not so much an issue of bad credit as builiding more.

The medical card is all lined up, i just have to get my maine licsence, hopefully next week i will have my card. Then at least i will have certain rights, i dont plan on reporting my grow becasue i dont trust that shit, but just one more saftey net.

Honestly im probably one of the younger cats on this website, but have always educated myself on this plant since a young age, and have been popping seeds at 14 shortly after i started smoking. Probably vegged 200 plants, haha and didnt produce one flower becasue they either died from grower error or my parents found them. But even though im young the changes ive seen are immense on cannabis reform. When i moved out to oregon in 2008 Massachussets had just decriminilized 1 ounce, a law that would have helped me in highschool with a .5gram possesion charge. And now states are legal, and i know that within 10 years i belive Federal Legalization will be on the table, and at least 50% of States will have laws regarding Recreational Cannabis. If you are over 40 your probably not ok with cannabis, you grew up in a terrible time where you could go to jail for a roach, now if your under 40 you most likely have a much more passive view on the whole thing, its like that with everything including gay marriage. All that being said, im lucky as fuck, karma aside if this had happned 6 years ago im not sure if i wouldnt be freaking out right now, waiting for my house to get raided. Living up in Maine helps alot, but honestly im 15 min from the NH border, if i live in that state i would be in Jail right now if my landlady had decided to involve them. So the fact that i get to vent on a grow site is nice, but it sucks when the only thing that holding you back is someone elses fucked up views on this lovely herb

I just hate moving! But plants will grow back, and i got cuts of what i was hoping to keep, not like i have a full tent of elites, not yet at least. Itl give me the time and oppurtunity to find a new spot that hopefully will be more permanent, by then ill have my card and be a bit more protected, and i get to re design my room. Also i wont be dropping cash on electricity besides T5 to keep cuts and moms, or money on nutes and what not, so i should have a few hundred to spend on upgrades. Possibly another small 2x4 tent or even a 2x2 tent if they make em for a male isolation chamber.

Top Bottom