shitty turtle water??

• Thread starter north knect
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
north knect

north knect

hey folks..my budy and i are sittin here and he has a painters turtlebin an aqarium..well the water needs to be changed cuz its all full of turtle poop and wat ever else they excrete..well does anybody kno if this water would in fact be beneficial to younge plants or maybe harmful??? the turtle eat bloodworms, meal works and shrimp..well anybody have any input would b ggreatly appreciated to figure out our buzzed conundrum

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

Hell yeah man it can be done. Aquaponics. Its somtimes hard to judge nutrient strenghts in your water I would suggest mixing it 1:1 ro water to turtle pooh water just to be safe. Maybe try it full strenght turtle poop water on one or two darlings and see what happens. Free nutes are the best nutes. Cheers

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah, sounds like it would be good stuff

S

ssteely71

All that stuff those turtles are eating would make good soil/fert additives for sure. I bet dilluted like OrganicGanja said would be nice.

north knect

north knect

ya thanks..the stuff there eatin seems all high in N and prolly some other things..was just curious if the turtle carries bad bacteria but i guess its no diff then swamp water without the bird shit n beaver fever in it lol

B

blackest

i've used old aquarium and turtle water for house plants, they love it.

Camdawg

Camdawg

Bet @Seamaiden could add something here.

Whats the water going in prior to the turtles shitting in it like?

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

here's a link to Murray Hallam's YouTube channel, watch a few of his videos and you'll get an idea of what the possibilities are.

Practical Aquaponics

peace, bozo

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

thx bozo..would u by chance have a simple tea recipe u would b willin to share..just something basic i could tweak myself depending on plant/ strain?
sadly, i found indoor organics in my situation too difficult to maintain so i don't actually have any knowledge on teas to pass on.

fortunately, i do know where to point you for a good place to start if organic growing is your goal.

Microbe Organics

...i'd also recommend you pick up a copy of 'Teaming with Microbes: The Organic Gardener's Guide to the Soil Food Web, Revised Edition by Jeff Lowenfels for a pretty good primer on the subject.

good luck, bozo

burn4me

burn4me

thx bozo..would u by chance have a simple tea recipe u would b willin to share..just something basic i could tweak myself depending on plant/ strain?
simple explained to me: EWC+ molasses
i myself threw in a large hand full of alfalfa meal
easy peesy good luck:D

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You could do around a quarter cup of worm castings plus a teaspoon of molasses for a good basic brew.

I wouldn't really do anything else with the turtle water, I'd just use it as is.

Top Bottom