short bushy plants

• Thread starter street_racer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

street_racer

i have a few plants growing in a hydro system that are short but bushy is there any certain leaves/branches i should cut off for extra light or better growth?????? and the the roots are alot bigger than the plants

B

blingisgreen23

id say you got indica plants..do the roots look nice and white?..fresh?..if so..your good to go..

H

-hydrofarmer-

i have a few plants growing in a hydro system that are short but bushy is there any certain leaves/branches i should cut off for extra light or better growth?????? and the the roots are alot bigger than the plants

How long did u veg? what kind of lights are u using?

S

street_racer

ive been vegging for 5 weeks now under t5's and i plan to flower next week

H

-hydrofarmer-

ive been vegging for 5 weeks now under t5's and i plan to flower next week

Okay how far from the top of the plants are the lights? whats the lights watt? Are u aware that if u grow with t5's and have to switch to and HID light like HPS they will get weak from the new light so i recommend if u can stay with those t5 lights but find one more rich in reds for flowering.

420Gator

420Gator

Are u aware that if u grow with t5's and have to switch to and HID light like HPS they will get weak from the new light so i recommend if u can stay with those t5 lights but find one more rich in reds for flowering.

id have to say this is inaccurate,

lumen shock is possible but tons of farmers (not me) veg under t5s and flower under hps. i do everything under hps, i even cloned a few feet off the side of one

S

street_racer

The lights about 2-3 inches above the plants. I'm going to use 3000k t5s to flower

R

Rubijon

I used T5s for veg then moved to 1000w MH then to 2 1000w HPS for flower seems to be working great for me.

H

-hydrofarmer-

The lights about 2-3 inches above the plants. I'm going to use 3000k t5s to flower

I like to go with the HID lights because they make better yield. T5's are good for moms or seedlings because u can put the lights close with no heat stress.If i were u i would try and HID light if possible. They put off lot of heat so having it 1.5-2 feet above the plants will make the plants want to grow to the light source but if the light source is a little weaker and the light needs to be closer the plants. the plants wont grow as tall as it would have it u would've used an HID light. I like to use 400watt Metal Halide because its rich in blue i like them better for vegging.

Top Bottom