Short Plants taking Forever to Grow

• Thread starter GardenWeasel77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

These seeds were planted on November 13. They are maybe 4-5 inches tall. I dont know what's going. Growing with ffof and a yehsence light in a 4x2. Temps 74-81. RH 51-61%.

Short plants taking forever to grow
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Growing in soil and from seed takes some patience. On top of that it looks like you have a blurple led which causes them to grow more leafy and compact. They look healthy and thats whats really important.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Slow growth is likely in relationship to the planting date. Planting on Friday the 13th renders many complications. I recommend starting over.

much loveđź––
AndyBoiđź‘˝

Badchoice

Badchoice

Looks like they just need time and maybe a light upgrade unless that’s one of them new fancy COB true spec led that actually look like a blurp for whatever reason.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

Real talk, what light are you using?
If my plants were not growing I would first look to the light (the main ingredient for photosynthesis)

next i would investigate the media and its relationship to the roots. My first soil mix i made myself was far too dense. I believe this got me off to a slow start.

what is your watering process like? Do you water to full saturation with run off? Do you measure the run off?

Badchoice

Badchoice

If my plants were not growing I would first look to the light (the main ingredient for photosynthesis)

next i would investigate the media and its relationship to the roots. My first soil mix i made myself was far too dense. I believe this got me off to a slow start.

what is your watering process like? Do you water to full saturation with run off? Do you measure the run off?
Depends on which grow your asking about lol, I have a DWC and a coco/lite going

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Are those 2gal pots? Plants look like they may have not responded well when you transplanted them. Make sure you are watering correctly. The lights are also contributing to the compact growth.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Are those 2gal pots? Plants look like they may have not responded well when you transplanted them. Make sure you are watering correctly. The lights are also contributing to the compact growth.
Can you give some watering advice please. And they are 3 gallon fabric pots, why?

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
You potted up to big and This usually makes the plants dry out slowly.
only water when the pots feel light.
they will recover

7FB6D189 BEF4 4DCA 820F 83DC98634CEA
GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

My light is a yehsence. Im using fox farm ocean forest that I amended with perlite. I water when the soil is dry and the pots are light. Sometimes I water to runoff and other times not. Ive only measured the runoff ph once and it 5.5. I dont have a ppm and I dont know anything about ppm.

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

Don’t panic. The plants look healthy. Just shocked from being transplanted into such big containers. Roots will spread, and during this time top growth can be slow. Growing requires patience.
Well I transplanted on the 12 so...

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Well I transplanted on the 12 so...
You plants are in a stall, Growth stalled when you transplanted. it can take more than 2 weed sometime for the turtle to come out of the shell so to speak.

AndyBoi

AndyBoi

My light is a yehsence. Im using fox farm ocean forest that I amended with perlite. I water when the soil is dry and the pots are light. Sometimes I water to runoff and other times not. Ive only measured the runoff ph once and it 5.5. I dont have a ppm and I dont know anything about ppm.
I dont measure PPM either. I am convinced that watering to run off is important (especially with fox farm soil, ive herd of multiple cases of salt build ups in fox farm soil).

5.5 seems not bad, higher would be better in my opinion. I water until run off and measure run off PH for every watering/feeding. Consistency and routine has done well for my soil mix grow.

but like mr.G is saying, they look healthy 🤷‍♂️ And you seem to be doing many of the right things.

Do you dechlorinate your water? im not sure about the effects of this, but many growers including myself include this practice.

Budd

Budd

...Are they regular or Auto? If Auto's they could be runts.
I germed about 60 auto seeds from good seedbanks,
and the amount of runts and dead seed was shocking.
Total waste of money,time & effort.
Hacked to Death..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it can be a few things, you’ll have to rule them out one by one, pest, mildew, overwatering underwatering, ph, quality of light, training LST etc, damage to roots (during transplant), airflow, fluctuations in environment temp humidity, too much touchy-feely interrupting the grow area..
next time should put the bags through the washer and dryer before using.
they should be way bigger

Top Bottom