Short Vs.tall

• Thread starter e.mc2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

e.mc2

Recently, I decided to start another grow after taking 20 years off of growing. I have an indoor area that would allow either 2 tall plants or 3-4 short, bushy ones. I'd like to hear any arguments for both sides, if anyone has any. I'm just a lone smoker so I'm not worried about getting a bigger setup for more plants...just the biggest and best yield for the small area I have. I don't want to bore people with numbers. I'm just curious as to how many say "grow tall" vs. "grow short". Anyone grow one way and wish they did the other?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Entirely depends on your space, lighting and desire.

I have short ceilings so I flower under 600 watt air cooled reflectors. And I keep my plants under 30” tall for best results. I don’t Grow them small. I bend and tie them down to make bushes.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Recently, I decided to start another grow after taking 20 years off of growing. I have an indoor area that would allow either 2 tall plants or 3-4 short, bushy ones. I'd like to hear any arguments for both sides, if anyone has any. I'm just a lone smoker so I'm not worried about getting a bigger setup for more plants...just the biggest and best yield for the small area I have. I don't want to bore people with numbers. I'm just curious as to how many say "grow tall" vs. "grow short". Anyone grow one way and wish they did the other?
Top and train them into small bushes.

E

e.mc2

Fair enough...seems like the thoughts are the same as what I was wanting to do. Thanks for all the input! I just topped my island sweet skunk a few minutes ago to start the process. I have a seeding of pipe dream #1 I was lucky to find and will start a white berry tonight to fill in the space. I think I'll be starting an autoflowering anubis once these are all competed. Thanks again!

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

From my limited experience and edgamakation:

One should do very very limited training on autos.
Short bushes are are great!!!
But a well maintained SCROG will out perform the same sized LST plant.
And nothing beats a SCreen full Of Green!!
Happy farming!!

Top Bottom