Should coco be watered if pot is wet?

• Thread starter Vexor1717
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vexor1717

Vexor1717

So this is my 1st run using coco (30% pearlite)and at first I was told that it drains fast so I would have to water every day. My pots (3gal fabric)after a full water stayed heavy and full from about 3 days. I was then told I need to water them every day even if not dry because the water in the bottom needs to be pushed out so it doesn't stagnate. Cam anyone help me with the correct info? These are autoflower if that helps.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

So this is my 1st run using coco (30% pearlite)and at first I was told that it drains fast so I would have to water every day. My pots (3gal fabric)after a full water stayed heavy and full from about 3 days. I was then told I need to water them every day even if not dry because the water in the bottom needs to be pushed out so it doesn't stagnate. Cam anyone help me with the correct info? These are autoflower if that helps.
If you have an optimal environment read here... if you have low temps then I wouldn't do this.

Lots of good discussions and debate in here also.

Madmax

Madmax

I have a couple heavies.(5 g pots ) i did think it was to do with the temp & humidity why it wasnt drinking but theres others drinking fine in same room.i can leave her a day but the top dries then i have to water more to get those dried salts on top through the media.my ppm rises 100..shes actually looking really good despite shes not drinking all that much.i even put 2 extra handfulls of chunky perlite t0 every 10 of the 70/30 perlite and still retains moisture.been thinking of putting more in nxt grow but that might lead me to watering twice a day in 5 g pots..

Top Bottom