Now it feels slightly cool to the touch
Definetely not warm

Should i be concerned
Im only using the flora tripart (Micro,Gro,Bloom) and ph up n down
No hydroguard
Should i be concerned anout root rot dwc beginner

T

tgpeters

That's a potential problem with DWC. I moved to a modified Dutch bucket concept. Less maintenance, different headaches. Never see root issues. looks like you have good oxygen, I would think the hydroguard would be good idea for DWC. I also moved to the flora grow 5 part. It helped with some issues I was having.

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

That's a potential problem with DWC. I moved to a modified Dutch bucket concept. Less maintenance, different headaches. Never see root issues. looks like you have good oxygen, I would think the hydroguard would be good idea for DWC. I also moved to the flora grow 5 part. It helped with some issues I was having.
Thanks alot mann😄
But does it look like something going on or could it be the Micro coloring my roots?

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Yea if it continues it will worsen . You do the calculations F to C .
You need it 62f best for oxygen absorb to 70f or chance root rot .
You can change the water daily and still get root rot or add beach chemicals still root root .
What you can do. Get a few bottles throw them in the freezer . Toss them into the water change when needed every 12 hours ? Whenever needed . The big boys buy water chillers its nothing you need to get with a plant or two chillers are not cheap 500 up.
Chillers have ac built Those chillers with just the fan will only cool the water a degree or 2 waste of cash .
What i see right now if you got your water under control you are good to go .
You can make a chiller out of a window ac unit take it apart. Take the unit in front bend it into water .
I build more then a few water chillers i could chill 1000 gallon of water for under 300 24 btu ac unit . You get the point after watching the video . Buy a used window ac unit for 20 a 5000 btu more then you need . Get a thermostat digital that turns on and off the ac . Done deal . Few hoses a pond pump

Last edited:
MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Yea if it continues it will worsen . You do the calculations F to C .
You need it 62f best for oxygen absorb to 70f or chance root rot .
You can change the water daily and still get root rot or add beach chemicals still root root .
What you can do. Get a few bottles throw them in the freezer . Toss them into the water change when needed every 12 hours ? Whenever needed . The big boys buy water chillers its nothing you need to get with a plant or two chillers are not cheap 500 up.
Chillers have ac built Those chillers with just the fan will only cool the water a degree or 2 waste of cash .
What i see right now if you got your water under control you are good to go .
You can make a chiller out of a window ac unit take it apart. Take the unit in front bend it into water .
I build more then a few water chillers i could chill 1000 gallon of water for under 300 24 btu ac unit .
Thats cool as hell and thanks alot!
I looked at some chillers but didnt want to invest until i get a RDWC setup

I have also tried the bottle methed i was just wondering if the icebottles could shock my roots?

BryanOconner

BryanOconner

Thats cool as hell and thanks alot!
I looked at some chillers but didnt want to invest until i get a RDWC setup

I have also tried the bottle methed i was just wondering if the icebottles could shock my roots?
Ice bottles i have had water down in the 42 f before in the winter in a aro cloner no issues . I think you will be ok with a ice bottle mixed in the water

MrGreenfinga

MrGreenfinga

Ice bottles i have had water down in the 42 f before in the winter in a aro cloner no issues . I think you will be ok with a ice bottle mixed in the water
Thanks again mannn always nice to have a experienced grower around to help 😄❤️

Unreal1

Unreal1

Roots look ok. The flora trio will tint your roots slightly as you can see. I use a stock solution of 6 grams of 45% HTH pool shock to 1 gallon of water .
I then use roughly 1.5 ml. of that solution per gallon of nutrients in my hydro systems You can go up to 5ml per gallon but i tend to use the lower doses. My systems are 45 gallons so I just toss in a shot glass. About 60ml. . I dose the systems at that level twice a week . You don't have to be exact as there is quite a bit of leeway at those levels. Never have root rot issues even in the heat of summer. Cheap and works well.

M

monkey47

Roots look ok. The flora trio will tint your roots slightly as you can see. I use a stock solution of 6 grams of 45% HTH pool shock to 1 gallon of water .
I then use roughly 1.5 ml. of that solution per gallon of nutrients in my hydro systems You can go up to 5ml per gallon but i tend to use the lower doses. My systems are 45 gallons so I just toss in a shot glass. About 60ml. . I dose the systems at that level twice a week . You don't have to be exact as there is quite a bit of leeway at those levels. Never have root rot issues even in the heat of summer. Cheap and works well.
My roots are white as snow the only time they get a bit yellowish is if I don't topfeed on time and I am basicly running a cratky instead of a dwc.

Top Bottom