Should i be transplanting into bigger pots?

• Thread starter Ivobg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ivobg

Ivobg

Hi guys im new to this but I have a question im a first time grower just had my first harvest and now my second and 3rd I've had 2 plants in 7 gallon pots for about 2 months and just flipped them into flowering because they are 5 feet after I supercropped it, I got 10 gallon pots but not sure if im up for the task, is it even worth it from 7 to 10 or should I just let them flower in the 7 gallon ones.... I just have no idea what to do cuz the one plants sister I put in flowering when she was 4 and a half and now she's at probly over 6 and a half but Its in a 7 gallon pot, these 2 I wanna transplant have roots showing on top like nice size roots

Should i be transplanting into bigger pots
Should i be transplanting into bigger pots 2
Should i be transplanting into bigger pots 3
Should i be transplanting into bigger pots 4
Should i be transplanting into bigger pots 5
Should i be transplanting into bigger pots 6
Should i be transplanting into bigger pots 7
Should i be transplanting into bigger pots 8
mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I do all my transplanting before I flip them to flower.

It was only one grow that I tested this, but I flipped to flower and then transplanted a week later. After harvest, I dumped out the soil in each pot and found the indica doms barely put any roots into the new soil. The sativa doms did put roots into the new soil.

I don't know if this would be true of other strains besides the ones I was growing at the time. (It was a while back, and I don't even remember the strains.)

boo

boo

never change the size of the container when in flower...you want at least 2 weeks of letting the roots adjust before you flip...if you don't the plants will spend time making roots instead of making flowers...

Ivobg

Ivobg

I see, yea I think I'm just gonna leave them the way they are, I don't think its worth it just to add the 3 gallons and when I put the 7 gal bag in the 10 gal its like an inch of extra soil on the sides, I also have on thats supposed to be sour diesel and its been vegging for over 2 months now I have it because I cloned the mom and its been 18 6 its whole life but has white pistalls like crazy but I dont think its flowering

20220522 162206
Ivobg

Ivobg

Shes soo weird her mom didn't flower til I put her under 12 n 12 so I'm not sure whats going on w her, shes split in the middle and only the shorter side looked like that until I pruned her and now every main branch looks like that and its still under 18 6

Ivobg

Ivobg

I'm having a lil bit of a tough time working this app, haven't figured out how to post and ask questions properly yet, anyway I just tried to post some signs of stress on one of my tall ones but idk if it posted but this is only the main cola on my 7 footer which is about 2 to 3 feet taller than the rest and its showing signs of stress on the leafs which I thought was calmag deficiency and I've been giving a lil bit of calmag now but these r new leafs w new signs

20220523 072039
20220523 072033
20220523 072024
20220523 072015
20220523 072011
20220523 072003
20220523 071118
Top Bottom