Should I be Trimming and/or Cloning these?

• Thread starter BlackBriar7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

Hello,

I'm growing for the first time and I'm wondering if I should start trimming some of them and maybe cloning them.

They look pretty good so I'm kind of nervous about doing it.

Thoughts?

Should i be trimming andor cloning these
Should i be trimming andor cloning these 2
Should i be trimming andor cloning these 3
Should i be trimming andor cloning these 4

KingsCropCannabis

KingsCropCannabis

Yes I would say that the plant is old enough to take clones from however I would not go crazy clipping away at them because they will have to undergo a decent bit of stress so you should always try and keep that to a minimal.

As far as advice on cutting clones from these IMO you should try and distinguish which nodes/branches are really healthy and look like they will produce big buds, these you should leave.
If there are any skimpy looking nodes/branches that look like they just won’t make it the long haul and might produce only a gram or so, then go ahead and cut that as close as you can to the stalk on the plant.
Make sure to use a sharp exacto knife or something similar.
Sterilize the knife with rubbing alcohol and then you’re ready to cut.
Cut the node at a 45 degree angle and the I also like to cut the bottom of the cutting in half with a tiny little mm slit just to allow faster root growth.
Dip you clone in organic rooting gel and then you can put into the new media

I always enjoy foliar feeding my clones with a super light compost tea made from molasses and a vegetative liquid nutrient.

Hope this helps

BlackBriar7

BlackBriar7

Yes I would say that the plant is old enough to take clones from however I would not go crazy clipping away at them because they will have to undergo a decent bit of stress so you should always try and keep that to a minimal.

As far as advice on cutting clones from these IMO you should try and distinguish which nodes/branches are really healthy and look like they will produce big buds, these you should leave.
If there are any skimpy looking nodes/branches that look like they just won’t make it the long haul and might produce only a gram or so, then go ahead and cut that as close as you can to the stalk on the plant.
Make sure to use a sharp exacto knife or something similar.
Sterilize the knife with rubbing alcohol and then you’re ready to cut.
Cut the node at a 45 degree angle and the I also like to cut the bottom of the cutting in half with a tiny little mm slit just to allow faster root growth.
Dip you clone in organic rooting gel and then you can put into the new media

I always enjoy foliar feeding my clones with a super light compost tea made from molasses and a vegetative liquid nutrient.

Hope this helps

Cool! thanks, that's very informative and helpful!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hello,

I'm growing for the first time and I'm wondering if I should start trimming some of them and maybe cloning them.

They look pretty good so I'm kind of nervous about doing it.

Thoughts?

View attachment 991828View attachment 991829View attachment 991830View attachment 991831
I take the bottom branches that will never reach the top or amount to anything but I top my plants multiple times ( indoors). Those small shoots can be entire plants rather than branch with just a couple of small buds on them. Don't take them from your small plants but the bigger ones go for it.

Top Bottom